• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR $75 Gift Card deal ending

Hi everyone! Just talked with my agent who called Disney and as long as you booked before the deadline, you will get the gift card. We never got an email but she double checked for me. Wanted to share this info with anyone out there in the same position. :)

Anyone else have this code on their reservation? I didn't have the $TY after MYW PKG before today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170324-100904.png
    Screenshot_20170324-100904.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 151
Anyone else have this code on their reservation? I didn't have the $TY after MYW PKG before today.

That's interesting. Looks like it indicates Thank You money! I don't want to link my package til after our trip in May, don't want to deal with the ticket confusion hassle. I do have to create a MDE account for DH. One of the bounceback rooms is in his name. Maybe I'll get to that today & see what it says.

Last edited:

I just checked and mine still only says "MYW Pkg". I booked March 6 and have received the gift card email. Interesting though!

Did you link your trips on "My Disney Experience" ?
I have received the gift card email for our trip next month (booked months ago), but I have not received an email regarding a trip in January 2018 - that I booked before the "deadline"(I think on the 19th), but I haven't linked it to MDE yet.

It just occurred to me, that this could be, why some reservations get an email about the gift card, and some don't??

I will link it, and see what happens!!

Did you link your trips on "My Disney Experience" ?
I have received the gift card email for our trip next month (booked months ago), but I have not received an email regarding a trip in January 2018 - that I booked before the "deadline"(I think on the 19th), but I haven't linked it to MDE yet.

It just occurred to me, that this could be, why some reservations get an email about the gift card, and some don't??

I will link it, and see what happens!!
No but it is not necessary. If you are signed in to MDE when you purchase the trip there is nothing to link

Still no email for me. I booked on the 17th and paid my deposits on the 19th. I have a room only with AP discount for June and a package with tickets and dining in October.

That's interesting. Looks like it indicates Thank You money! I don't want to link my package til after our trip in May, don't want to deal with the ticket confusion hassle. I do have to create a MDE account for DH. One of the bounceback rooms is in his name. Maybe I'll get to that today & see what it says.

Uh-oh - now I remember why I didn't link the 2018 reservation to MDE yet! I was worried, that it would create issues for our shortly upcoming vacation!
Can this be an issue?
If so, I'll rather wait, and report back after our trip. :)

No but it is not necessary. If you are signed in to MDE when you purchase the trip there is nothing to link
2018 dates cannot be booked over the website at this point - so I wasn't signed in, and the reservation is not in MDE.
I booked with Disney (directly over the phone).

2018 dates cannot be booked over the website at this point - so I wasn't signed in, and the reservation is not in MDE.
I booked with Disney (directly over the phone).
Ah, totally missed that it was 2018

Uh-oh - now I remember why I didn't link the 2018 reservation to MDE yet! I was worried, that it would create issues for our shortly upcoming vacation!
Can this be an issue?
If so, I'll rather wait, and report back after our trip. :)
having multiple trips in MDE is not a problem. I have 5 in mine right now, thanks to 2 trips and 2 split stays

Should have been clearer, CBR won't be included in new discounts.

Then why is it included in the new summer discount that came out today? I'm picked some dates in august just for fun and they are most definitely discounted at CBR.

I think it's important for us all to remember that rumors are just rumors unless Disney announces anything official and to take information posted on a message board with a grain of salt unless you see an official press release from Disney.

Then why is it included in the new summer discount that came out today? I'm picked some dates in august just for fun and they are most definitely discounted at CBR.

Because the demolition of 576 rooms was postponed until fall which put them under the target occupancy rate for summer. But the number of non Pirate Themed Rooms included is very limited.

I called Walt Disney Company Travel UK the 03/15 to move from POR to CBR in September, but didn't got any mails regarding the gift card. Getting a little worried, i send a mail to Disney Travel UK and got this answer :

We can guarantee you will receive the $75 per night gift card upon check in.

So I guess for those who haven't got an email yet, try to send them one, i guess it's better to have some sort of "written proof" since they won't give everyone a gift card

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter