can't cut Life's A Beach w/Life's a Beach

I'm not entirely sure about the transfer from computer to another. But NEE probably knows.

Yes - no more font carts are needed. Any .ttf font can be cut (well you don't want to try one too scrolly) along with DingBat shapes.

The part I'm looking forward to is welding the words to make it easier to put together topppers. :)

ok, so if you want to cut something out that's on say the hello kitty cart, how do you do it? is it just part of the program that it has all the carts stuff built in?? and what about the new carts they offer?? sorry i'm having a dumb morning i guess!!!!

If you have Design Studio - THAT works with the Cricut cartridges.
Sure Cuts A Lot - works with your computer fonts.

Both software are installed on your computer to work. You then hook your computer to the Cricut. For DS - you have to put the proper cartridge in your machine for the cuts to work. For SCAL - you just put in any cartridge, it doesn't matter because it is not using it.

You still need to buy the cartridges to make DS work for you. You can play with the image from Hello Kitty on the DS, but you can't cut it if you don't put the cart in the machine.

Did that make sense?

ok so i've got that. are you saying that if you have SCAL you are not cutting out fonts and shapes from cricut? you are just cutting fonts and shapes that you find and buy on line?? but not cricut right? and do they both do simular things like the welding feature??

I think you can weld with DS. I've never really looked at their software. I wasn't going to buy any designing software and the this LAB stuff happened. I was going to buy the Lyrical cart, but instead I bought the SCAL. :thumbsup2

Yes - SCAL uses your Cricut MACHINE to cut, but has nothing to do with your Cricut CARTRIDGES.

I don't have Design Studio - I didn't really like it when I looked at the free trial and so far I haven't missed it at all. I got SCAL because I have SO many fonts on my computer (all of which were free) and SCAL gives me the ability to cut any of them. Like for example - the font that is Walt Disney's handwriting - that right there I would have bought if it was a cartridge, and now I can cut it whenever I want.

I have not bought a Cricut font cartridge since I got SCAL, but I have still bought shape ones. I haven't really mastered how to use SCAL for images, although I have done a few.

As far as a new computer goes, yes you can. This is the quote from the SCAL website:

10. Can I install the software on a second computer?

The license for our software is a single user license, and entitles that single user to install the software on a second computer of the same platform for which the license was purchased for, provided they are not both used at the same time, or by more than one person.

I agree with NEE - Since I purchased SCAL I have not purchased a single PC Font Cartridge although I still purchase an occasional shape cartridge if it is something I really love - ie Life is Beach!

There are just too many free fonts out there for me and SCAL lets me use them. Since I mostly do Disney Scrapbooking (you would think we lived there or something) I like using the Disney Fonts out there.

Here is an example of the fonts I used for some pictures I took when we went to the re-opening of the HM a while back:

hmfontexample.jpg

Whatcha cuttin? Can I see when you're done? (I'm stuck at work alone, someone please entertaaaaaaaaaaaaain me!)

100_4148.jpg

I found a font today called "yard sale" and made this in about 5 minutes. It took longer to cut out than to make. :rotfl2:

It will go on layers of paper for the topper.

Off to puppy classes now.

That is very nice... :) but I'm still holding out... gotta few other things to mark off my list before I buy the SCAL if I do...

I've been trying to be good, and hold out on SCAL...but I fear that before the DL swap is due I will have it. How can you be doing a page for Disneyland, and NOT cut the title using Started By a Mouse (for non-DL peeps, it's a font someone made to look like the font they used for the marquee/signage at the park). I might ask DH about it tonight...

I've been trying to be good, and hold out on SCAL...but I fear that before the DL swap is due I will have it. How can you be doing a page for Disneyland, and NOT cut the title using Started By a Mouse (for non-DL peeps, it's a font someone made to look like the font they used for the marquee/signage at the park). I might ask DH about it tonight...

Oh fudge, I had to go and Google it! There's Brother Bear, and Monster's Inc., and and...Crap, I need another job...

100_4148.jpg

I found a font today called "yard sale" and made this in about 5 minutes. It took longer to cut out than to make. :rotfl2:

It will go on layers of paper for the topper.

Off to puppy classes now.

:cool1: I downloaded that font too. Glad to know the shadow works. Yes, it cuts slowly.

:rotfl: Told you we have the same taste in fonts.

Jennifer, I got mine from candacraft. It ended up being $62. to ship the CD and I got the serial number in less than 24 hours.

Ann that is so cool! I love it. I just don't think that I'm compter savy enough for it.
I think I google and poke around so I can see some of the cool fonts it has.

The hardest part is picking a font and then finding where it got downloaded on to your computer to put into the fonts folder. :lmao:

I haven't looked at the thread for over a day - on the cricut board re:LAB.
Looks like they shut it down. Wonder what was said that finally got their attention?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter