can't cut Life's A Beach w/Life's a Beach

Luvmy4boys

DIS Veteran
Don't know if any of you read the Cricut message board, but there is a bit of an uproar over the "Life's A Beach" cartridge.
http://www.cricut.com/messageboard/tm.aspx?m=4324794
Apparently the cartridge was advertised as having 6 rows of titles you could cut, but the actual cartridge can only cut 5 rows. See page 4 of the message. The page in the actual cartridge handbook does not show the 6th row of titles. You can't cut "Life's A Beach" with "Life's A Beach". Pretty disappointing.
:confused:

:headache: I am sooo mad!!!:mad:

I bought this cart because I wanted those sayings in the last line. Those were the ones I wanted most.

Tomorrow there will be a phone call. I don't care how long I have to wait on the phone.

Yeah, and that line has alot of cuts that I like! I didn't buy the cart yet. I like the other stuff too though, so I might even w/o that last line...

It just doesn't make sense! :confused3 Some are saying that maybe if it was a mistake ProvoCraft will fix it when they add this cartridge to DS. But I don't own DS and wasn't planning on buying it either.

That cart was next on my list to purchase. Glad I didn't get it already! I will wait until I hear if this is resolved. Like many other folks over on the cricut boards, I REALLY loved that last row of titles. I will think twice about buying it if it doesn't come with that row....................P

Thanks for the heads up! It figures that I just ordered the cart (along with the lyrical one) and I'm waiting for it to come in. I think I will still like it tho.

Jill

Let me understand this clearly, cricut advertised phrases on the cartridge and those phrases are not on it?:confused3 OoOOhhh, not good.

Let me understand this clearly, cricut advertised phrases on the cartridge and those phrases are not on it?:confused3 OoOOhhh, not good.

::yes:: Exactly. ALL the websites showed a picture with SIX rows of phrases. There is only FIVE rows on the cart/book inside the box. Nobody can find the other phrases on the cart. You know, using features & shifting and trying all the keys.
3.jpg

The whole last row is not available.

Definitely a call to cricut is in order.:sad1:

I'm disappointed too. I was planning on using the "Hang Loose" for my Lilo page.

If you read through the entire thread on the Cricut board, someone did get a response from ProvoCraft - they're not going to do anything about it. They said the photos posted on the seller's sites (none of which are actual ProvoCraft sites so I'm sure they will fall back on saying THEY didn't advertise anything incorrectly) were prototypes before the final cartridge was released. The 6th row would be available as an extra in Design Studio in the "near future."

Stinks for those of us who don't plan on getting DS.

oh and i really wanted that one. but i wanted the hang loose because bubba used to do that all the time when he was a toddler. darn it. and i love the turtle on the bottom too. that just stinks.

I just can't understand why they would call it "Life's A Beach" if that is one of the things that CANNOT be cut from the cartridge alone.

I did e-mail them. I let you know if I get a response.

I just got the cart a few days ago but haven't used it yet. That stinks! That last line of titles are really cute. I'll still use the cart. We live less than 2 miles from the beach and are there a lot through out the summer. Maybe Provo will find a way to fix it or exchange the carts. :confused3

We used it a lot this weekend...I have to admit I didn't notice there was a line of phrases missing though :confused:

Either way, that sucks!

Some carts really have major things missing on them. Ie, Life is a Beach cart doesn't have the phrase Life is a Beach, the Fairies cart doesn't have the word Tink on it. The designers don't seem to be seeing things through. :/

Waiting for the design team to arrive so that customer service will have answers. :confused3 Not sure how long that will take.

Thanks. But I should have been here. I forgot all about the Epcot sign ups for Tigger1221. Man, she's gonna not be happy. And it's all my own fault. Can't even pass the blame on to someone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter