Canadian Trips July - Sept. 2011

We will be at All Star Sports from August 14-23. We are taking two adult kids and wanted more space so we had booked offsite :( for the first time to get more space (2 bathrooms/2 bedrooms). However, when we checked the new discount, we were able to get two rooms onsite for lower than the offsite suite price!!! Very happy to be onsite again...and with the space we wanted. Yayy!:cool1:

i'm staying on site for my first time at POR. i'm super excited!!!!:yay:

We'll be at POR for some of the same time as you! Keep an eye out for me (perhaps on a bus). I plan to have a green Mickey head on my back pack with Stan Solo written on it.

Hey Stan Solo- I'll keep an Eye out for you!! I'm hoping for the mansions (a referbed one if possible) They just look so pretty They had a neat mister at JSYK last year that didn't need batteries-however there are so many misting fans through out the parks that we didn't bother (Disclosure-We do not have air conditioning in our home so me and the kids are not spoiled)

And by the way I am the great great great grandchild of Darth Vadar!! Really!!

Whoa sk8jdgca sorry about the slow reply somehow I missed your post completely. Thanks for the tip about JSYK I have one a short drive from my work so I'll check it out. I'm not too concerned about the DD's it's my DW and myself I'm worried about.

Umm... could you explain the grandchild thing to me. I'm guessing that David Prowse is your great great great grandfather. :confused3 But I'm thinking he is to young to have a great great great great grandchild.

Unless you mean Sebastian Shaw?

Umm... could you explain the grandchild thing to me. I'm guessing that David Prowse is your great great great grandfather. :confused3 But I'm thinking he is to young to have a great great great great grandchild.

Unless you mean Sebastian Shaw?

No the real darth vadar- he didn'\t really die. He went back in time and landed in England in the late 1700. Used Anakin as a surname and successfully immersed himself in the land and culture!! True story the name can't be traced before this ..so according to family legend.. this is how the family name began!

No the real darth vadar- he didn'\t really die. He went back in time and landed in England in the late 1700. Used Anakin as a surname and successfully immersed himself in the land and culture!! True story the name can't be traced before this ..so according to family legend.. this is how the family name began!

OK I sort of got it. Except rather then going back in time. Would have had to go forward in time. Darth Vader is from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
He must have had a very hard time immersing himself in 1700 England what with that mask hot black suit no air conditioning and all. They must have taken him as some sort of dark knight with a heck of an amazing sword. :darth:

:goodvibes

We're going from Sep 11 - Sep 16 - CSR.

I just saw misters yesterday! Forgive me because I have a sinus infection and the meds are making me drowsy... so for the life of me I cannot recall WHERE they were but I only went three places - Shoppers Drugmart, Wal-mart and Lowes. If I had to lay bets, I think I saw them at Shoppers in their seasonal area. ;)

:

I just saw misters yesterday! Forgive me because I have a sinus infection and the meds are making me drowsy... so for the life of me I cannot recall WHERE they were but I only went three places - Shoppers Drugmart, Wal-mart and Lowes. If I had to lay bets, I think I saw them at Shoppers in their seasonal area. ;)

They had a neat mister at JSYK last year that didn't need batteries.

Hey sk8jdgca I checked JSYK today and was told they won't be getting them this year.

Thanks shenaniganzz I checked Wal-Mart earlier in the week, no Luck. We don't have a Lowes out here yet but I'll check Shoppers tomorrow. I drive past a couple of big ones on my commute.

We will be going July 16th to 23rd and we just received our DME tags it's getting so close and we are getting so excited. :banana: :yay: :cool1:

We will be going July 16th to 23rd and we just received our DME tags it's getting so close and we are getting so excited. :banana: :yay: :cool1:

Congrats HappyDad! Little over a month to I'm so excited for you, yet jealous all at the same time. I know I must learn patience like a good Jedi. :( I'd like to know how many tags did you get? And is it just the two of you going?

Congrats HappyDad! Little over a month to I'm so excited for you, yet jealous all at the same time. I know I must learn patience like a good Jedi. :( I'd like to know how many tags did you get? And is it just the two of you going?

:cool1: Stan Solo first off the DME package we received contained one luggage tag per person and a small booklet with our bus boarding passes and flight info inside. It arrived UPS not mail which made me go wow, wonder if they did that because of postal strike? and yes it will be just my daughter and myself going a chance for us to spend some quality time together. :cool1:

Thanks for the info. I'm sure the two of you will have a magical vacation with great memories that will last your lifetime.

I see your a Dale Sr. fan are you also a fan of Jr?

Thanks for the info. I'm sure the two of you will have a magical vacation with great memories that will last your lifetime.

I see your a Dale Sr. fan are you also a fan of Jr?

Yes I'm very much a fan of Jr had to keep my alliance in the family when Sr passed. I'm thinking of trying the Petty racing experience when I'm at Disney but we will have to see depends on my daughter lol.:surfweb:

I've always been a big Jeff Gordon fan myself. But since Dale joined Hendrick Moter Sports I'm becoming more and more a Jr fan. I've never been to a NASCAR race but it's very high on my bucket list maybe 2013. A co-worker of mine (also a big Dale Sr/Jr fan) goes to about 3-4 races a year in fact she went last weekend.
She was going to do the Petty experience but at the last minnute decided it was not such a good idea. But, her husband went on and said it was the best thing he ever experienced and was a dream of his come true.

September 2nd-9th for me!!! I get back the day befoe my B-Day!!! Best Birthday week EVER!!!

I'm gonna make one of the green mickey heads for my waistpack. Is it any colour green or is it a specific one???

We also recieved our DME tags and info yesterday. We arrive at Disney July 19th. It is getting so exciting!!!

September 2nd-9th for me!!! I get back the day befoe my B-Day!!! Best Birthday week EVER!!!

I'm gonna make one of the green mickey heads for my waistpack. Is it any colour green or is it a specific one???

It's the Home Depot "Alien Green" paint chips that the Dis'ers use to identify each other. People laminate the Mickey heads, add their screen names, and attach them to backpacks, strollers, lanyards or whatever. I honestly don't know how or when this started but would like to find out. When you see a discussion about lime green Mickey heads (LGMH), this is what they are talking about.

Personally I don't think it matters the shade of green really. If I was at the World an saw a "Gamma Sector Green" Mickey head with ABC123 written on it I not shun them, I would ask if they were a Dis'er. Some people don't have a Home Depot near them so the get creative and print green ones or cut them out of lime green paper. Some add glitter, stickers, rhinestones etc. I think I'll put a small maple leaf on mine. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter