Canadian Buffoon's Sweet 16 Celebration - Update 01/28 - The End

I'm going to try to keep up but no guarantees. Stupid work gets in the way too often. :sad2:

This isn't right.
Why don't they pay us
to be on the DIS???

That's what I though. We were headed to that one but got there pretty late and it was already closed. We ended up at the Hollywood Wax Museum a ways down the road. I did think it was the same one at first because of this:

Ah.
Is it just me, or does that version
seem a bit more.... severe?

But then I didn't recognize the rest of the pictures as the update went on.

Mystery solved!
They should pay us for
solving mysteries!

Ohhhh... Now the nickel drops.

:sad2:

Of course.

Hoping you get the office duty?
Or are you hoping you don't?
I would rather work. Workman's comp only pays 2/3 of one's salary, which is not good right before Christmas.
Besides, 3 days home & I'm already bored.

That (or 20,000 Leagues... too long ago. Don't recall.)
was the first Disney movie I ever saw.
My first one I remember seeing in the theaters was Fantasia.
Well, a rerelease of it in about 1968, as the original was released in 1940.
Disney did that back before they’d show them on the telle or allow you to buy videos.
My dad saw it numerous times when he was a kid and wanted to take his sons to see it as well.
Might have had some impact as both of us ended up being heavily involved in music.

Nah. I just tossed it
out into the hallway.

After I closed the door,
I stuffed a spare blanket
under the crack at the
bottom of the door.
That helped too.
Better option.
Share the suffering without having to pay to keep people quiet, pay to adjust memories or relocate the family again.

I've done all kinds.
That fold out metal
bench being the most interesting.
I would say…
Was that like a jump-seat on a flight where you were catching a lift, or a smaller cargo type of craft?
Of something else altogether. I suspect it’s an interesting story regardless.

Thank you.
Please mail me my cheque
via certifiable....
I mean certified mail.
And if you receive that remittance, you’ll know both that I’m certifiable…
and that no bank would ever consider cashing it.

Oh! So it's a fun game!
Oh, sure…
Let’s go with that.

than a frontal.... ::yes::
And he returns the high lob with an over hand smash across court for the point.

That's got to be Back to the Future III, no?
Actually, that one was one of the many CGI wrecks from Disney’s 2013 version of The Lone Ranger.

The one from Future-III was done by ILM believe it or not and I was intrigued to learn that they built a 1/3 scale track and locomotive to do it.

0Aklzp-kLxmZdVZO7.png

A cord and a half,
to be precise.
What other TR can offer up scientific facts of this caliber?
Am I right, here?

And all this time I always thought that the response to that question was:
A Woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a Woodchuck could chuck wood.

Their personalities seem to mesh quite naturally.
A bit dark, a bit brooding, maybe a bit misunderstood and certainly not someone that you want to purposely get on the wrong side of.

Geez, and you even mention
Sasquatch later on.
You'd think they'd be
all excited and everything.
Sasquatches drop in over at the In-N-Out all the time.
It’s such a common occurrence that no one ever bothers to take a picture.
This, however, was an entirely new and unfamiliar type of dangerous intruder.

Mme. Tussaud's is right next door
to the theater.
Ahhhh…
Interesting. Never been to one of the various Tussaud's venues.
And I didn’t figure that you’d be allowed to interact with the characters in that way.
I’m guessing that these figures were not wax (as I’ve always been led to believe), but something stronger to allow that much physical contact with the paying public.

What do you mean?
Now I know that they were promoting the film of that name, but while Jane was known for many things, being blond was not one of them. Over time the caption would tend to suggest a preference for her costar over herself.

Oh? Details?
Well…
This takes a minute to set up so bear with me here
(and I’m not sure it’s really worth your effort in reading, to be honest)

Anyway…
Every year in late October the music department at the university my young’en attends holds a major regional competition for high school marching bands. It generally draws very skilled units from five or six of the surrounding states and the WCU band (one of the better outfits in the nation) also performs twice during the day. Needless to say it’s very much worth seeing (especially for band geeks). We’ve been going up there since the boy was in one of those competing high schools himself. Being as this is likely his last year in school (and he’s one of the featured musicians) we didn’t want to miss the last hurrah. The show also runs all day and doesn’t end until nearly 11pm. As we live a good three hours away, we need to leave fairly early, it’s generally best to get a room for the night. Then we can also take the boy out for lunch the next day before heading back down the mountain for home. The problem is… WCU is also smack in the middle of one of our National Forests, and October is prime motorbiking and autumn leaf viewing season, so the hotels charge extra and fill up quickly. That means you need to book early just to get a room and be sure that you don’t get charged way more than anyone wants to be paying. As vets, we know this and made sure to have everything squared away a couple months in advance. But then just a few days before the event, we lost our main credit card (well, I lost mine that is). No big problem, I had that number locked down and they issued us a new one which arrived the day before we were heading out. On the way up the mountain we even called ahead to tell them that we’d be late checking in and that it might even be close to midnight before we arrived. What we didn’t think to do was say that we’d be using a different credit card from the one that originally secured the reservation. When we finally got to the hotel at about 11:30, we learned that their policy was that they would go ahead and charge the cards for any reservation that had not arrived by 4pm. When they did that, they learned that that number was locked, so they canceled our resie, and then resold the room (at probably three times the price) to a walk-up customer. My first thought was: guess I’m driving back home, but the girls wanted to try and get a room somewhere else. That proved futile and took time, so we stopped for some coffee to finish talking it over and get ourselves prepared for the journey back home. Needless to say, it was close to 1am before I actually started driving, after 3am when I dropped my sister-in-law at her house, and well after 4am before we got back home. By the time I actually got into bed, I’d been up nearly 24 hours and was pretty well shot for the rest of the weekend.

Lesson learned…
Make dang sure that you and your perspective lodging are on the same page in regards to payment methods before setting out.

Hmmm.....
Not sure if you're joking or not there.
Not everyone likes scallops.
And some love broccoli.
Both…
I figured that most folks would see the vegetable as the offending part of the offering so I went with the other half of the dish in the response. But in truth, I also don’t actually care for the texture of scallops and find broccoli to be right palatable as veggies go.

I wouldn't know.
She carried them.
Good planning on your part.
Trees are right heavy.

:laughing:
I just (re)watched that
a couple days ago.
That’s a good film to (re)watch on a regular bases.

Guess you'll find out...
next update.
I recon so…

(not overly confidant with this round of guesses, to be sure)

My first one I remember seeing in the theaters was Fantasia.

I'm not even sure if
I've seen it start to finish
in one sitting.

And I saw both Pinocchio
and Leagues
in the basement of our church.
Movie night (afternoon?)
for the kiddies.
Of which I were one.

Well, a rerelease of it in about 1968, as the original was released in 1940.
Disney did that back before they’d show them on the telle or allow you to buy videos.
My dad saw it numerous times when he was a kid and wanted to take his sons to see it as well.
Might have had some impact as both of us ended up being heavily involved in music.

That's a nice story
and an even nicer memory! :)

Better option.
Share the suffering without having to pay to keep people quiet, pay to adjust memories or relocate the family again.

:rolleyes1

I would say…
Was that like a jump-seat on a flight where you were catching a lift, or a smaller cargo type of craft?
Of something else altogether. I suspect it’s an interesting story regardless.

It's the time I took
the float plane out
when the town
was evacuated.

I've told this story, I'm sure?

And if you receive that remittance, you’ll know both that I’m certifiable…
and that no bank would ever consider cashing it.

:rolleyes2

Actually, that one was one of the many CGI wrecks from Disney’s 2013 version of The Lone Ranger.

Ah!
CGI? Not bad.

The one from Future-III was done by ILM believe it or not and I was intrigued to learn that they built a 1/3 scale track and locomotive to do it.

I remember that!
And the differences
are striking when you
put them side by side
like that.

What other TR can offer up scientific facts of this caliber?
Am I right, here?

And all this time I always thought that the response to that question was:
A Woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a Woodchuck could chuck wood.

I didn't make that up.
It was from an old
Readers Digest article.
It was answers to common
sayings... without providing
the saying.

My favourite was.

"No. But Exocet missiles do."

And the one I mentioned was
something like:

"If he could, it would be a cord and a half."

Their personalities seem to mesh quite naturally.
A bit dark, a bit brooding, maybe a bit misunderstood and certainly not someone that you want to purposely get on the wrong side of.

Legit.

Sasquatches drop in over at the In-N-Out all the time.
It’s such a common occurrence that no one ever bothers to take a picture.
This, however, was an entirely new and unfamiliar type of dangerous intruder.

Ah.
Now I understand.
Hence my confusion.
A fairly common occurrence.

Interesting. Never been to one of the various Tussaud's venues.

First one was in London, England
when I was 10 or so.

And I didn’t figure that you’d be allowed to interact with the characters in that way.

::yes::
But I remember you couldn't
in London. Not even close.

I’m guessing that these figures were not wax (as I’ve always been led to believe), but something stronger to allow that much physical contact with the paying public.

Hmmm....
You know? I'm not sure.
Never thought of that!

Now I know that they were promoting the film of that name, but while Jane was known for many things, being blond was not one of them. Over time the caption would tend to suggest a preference for her costar over herself.

Ah yes. Excellent point.

Well…
This takes a minute to set up so bear with me here
(and I’m not sure it’s really worth your effort in reading, to be honest)

Anyway…
Every year in late October the music department at the university my young’en attends holds a major regional competition for high school marching bands. It generally draws very skilled units from five or six of the surrounding states and the WCU band (one of the better outfits in the nation) also performs twice during the day. Needless to say it’s very much worth seeing (especially for band geeks). We’ve been going up there since the boy was in one of those competing high schools himself. Being as this is likely his last year in school (and he’s one of the featured musicians) we didn’t want to miss the last hurrah. The show also runs all day and doesn’t end until nearly 11pm. As we live a good three hours away, we need to leave fairly early, it’s generally best to get a room for the night. Then we can also take the boy out for lunch the next day before heading back down the mountain for home. The problem is… WCU is also smack in the middle of one of our National Forests, and October is prime motorbiking and autumn leaf viewing season, so the hotels charge extra and fill up quickly. That means you need to book early just to get a room and be sure that you don’t get charged way more than anyone wants to be paying. As vets, we know this and made sure to have everything squared away a couple months in advance. But then just a few days before the event, we lost our main credit card (well, I lost mine that is). No big problem, I had that number locked down and they issued us a new one which arrived the day before we were heading out. On the way up the mountain we even called ahead to tell them that we’d be late checking in and that it might even be close to midnight before we arrived. What we didn’t think to do was say that we’d be using a different credit card from the one that originally secured the reservation. When we finally got to the hotel at about 11:30, we learned that their policy was that they would go ahead and charge the cards for any reservation that had not arrived by 4pm. When they did that, they learned that that number was locked, so they canceled our resie, and then resold the room (at probably three times the price) to a walk-up customer. My first thought was: guess I’m driving back home, but the girls wanted to try and get a room somewhere else. That proved futile and took time, so we stopped for some coffee to finish talking it over and get ourselves prepared for the journey back home. Needless to say, it was close to 1am before I actually started driving, after 3am when I dropped my sister-in-law at her house, and well after 4am before we got back home. By the time I actually got into bed, I’d been up nearly 24 hours and was pretty well shot for the rest of the weekend.

Lesson learned…
Make dang sure that you and your perspective lodging are on the same page in regards to payment methods before setting out.

I do recall watching
certain marching band videos. :)

As soon as you said
"lost our main credit card"....

Yeah, I knew what happened.
Too bad you didn't think of that
when you called the hotel.

And... you were a wee bit tired?
Heh. Welcome to my weekly world.
(Although, now, after about 25 straight
years of it... it's every second week.)

Thanks for taking the time
to write all that out!

Both…
I figured that most folks would see the vegetable as the offending part of the offering so I went with the other half of the dish in the response. But in truth, I also don’t actually care for the texture of scallops and find broccoli to be right palatable as veggies go.

So I was right!
And wrong.
But mostly right!

(It's my TR.
I get to decide.)

(not overly confidant with this round of guesses, to be sure)

I can definitely say
that you answered
the questions.

O/T dog update from my household: reference checks done for rescue organization and home inspection done this morning. This rescue organization is thorough!

I think that's a good thing.
I would hope they'd be thorough.
Much better than the alternative.

But the inspectors did seem to be fond our current sheltie, and after watching him try to play with the cat, agreed that he might just be needing a buddy!

:lmao:

Hi Ponz! I hope by now you are doing better. Sorry your back slowed you down - not a good way to get some rest.
When you said the plane engines shut down, I thought it was because of the standing passenger. I'm glad you weren't stuck out there too long.
Hmm, Venice Beach was a little less crowded than I expected. I'm glad Kay got to touch the Pacific.
I am surprised (or not) that you weren't impressed with In N Out. :rotfl2: We love it, but I know you can get better gourmet burgers. For fast food, once in LA we did a burger challenge over several days - Phat Burger, Burger Phi, In N Out, Five Guys, I don't even remember. For our family, In N Out won. I think one reason we love it is because it is our traditional vacation burger, so those little palm trees on the cup say "VACATION!!!!" to us. We have one here, but we only go every few months, and half the time they drown it in too much salt and they are slow. They just can't get it right here. Soon we will be living back in Oregon, and we will miss it again. Sorry, Loooong Ode to my burger! :rotfl:
Fun pics from Hollywood! Thanks for sharing the old pics that went with the handprints!

Rodeo Drive! The place we had our $200 lunch while gazing at the stores we could not shop. While trying to pretend we belonged there. :goodvibes
I do know the connetion in the pic - Pretty Woman! I always think of that movie when I think of Rodeo Drive!

I had forgotten you also did US before Disney. Such a fun trip for your princess!:bride:

Last edited:
When she was born, she wasn't like that.
But when she became a teenager,
she had corrective surgery
to attach her phone to her hand.

It's been there ever since.

I actually LOL'd on this one!

(Get the connection?
Bonus points if you tell me if you do or not.)

Roy Orbison approves.

We found a shop that was advertising
50% off, so we popped in.
Kay found a top she didn't mind.
And hey! It was on sale, so...

$1,560.00

So by top -- are you talking about a shirt? Did it have gold or diamonds on it at least???

Okay, lady.
Your guy is getting jealous.
Stop looking at me and pay
attention to him.

I get that a lot.

They were clearly not expecting someone to be taking pictures within the in-n-out joint.

Right?
Am I right?
Tell me whatcha think.
Bonus points.

I suppose all Americans look the same to you???

"Okay, Tiger. Visualize. See the hole?
Now... be the ball. Be the ball, Tiger."

That is a terrible likeness of Tiger. The others were pretty close -- this looks nothing like him.

But aren't you excited about seeing
yet another photo of a couple of beds
and a bathtub?

Say yes.
Bonus points....
images

Yes.

Both were good, although the
spring rolls were possibly
a touch over cooked.
Not enough to worry about, though.

We then each had wonton soup.
Yum!
We both love that
and this did not disappoint.

How many times can you eat chinese food on this trip? You're in California! You HAVE to eat the Mexican food while you're down there!!!

Questions next round:

1. We do actually go to Universal.
Do we:
a. purchase ($70 each)
Front of the Line passes?
b. Or do we do rope drop?
c. Or both?

This is a tough one -- you're definitely going to purchase the FOTL passes -- I'm just not sure if you're going to rope drop. If it was just you -- you'd definitely rope drop as well -- but since she doesn't do mornings, I'm leaning towards no rope drop. But at the same time, you're probably only going to do one day there, so I could see you waking her up early.

Which obviously reminds me of this...

giphy.gif

I'm going to go with C.
[/quote]

2. What's our first ride?
a. Flight of the Hippogriff
b. Forbidden Journey
c. Shrek 4D
d. The Simpsons Ride

I know nothing about that place -- so I'll just guess A.

3. What happens on the ride?
a. Drink spills on Kay.
b. Kid throws up.
c. Ride breaks down.
d. Lose my hat.
Breaks down.

4. Which (if any) of the following
do we see? (Pick up to 3)
a. Studio Tour
b. Special Effects Show
c. WaterWorld
d. Animal Actors.
e. Walking Dead Attraction
(Hint: there wasn't a Special Effects Show
at the time, and WaterWorld was being refurbed.)
Deductions for every wrong answer.
Walking dead

5. What souvenir does Kay buy?
It's a fairly obvious one,
so no clues... except that one.
Okay... and it's more than $20.
But that's it!

harry potter wand?

6. Which one of the following
do we not ride?
b. King Kong 360 3-D
c. Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
d. Fast and Furious - Supercharged.

D. fast and furious

7. Of the following, which is Kay's fave?
a. Jurassic Park - The Ride
b. Transformers - The Ride-3D
c. Revenge of the Mummy - The Ride

Transformers

8. Butter Beer.
Yeah, we try it.
It comes in frozen and non.
Which do we try?
a. Frozen
b. Not frozen
c. Both

Both -- she wants to try both and you get stuck with whichever one she doesn't like as much!

89 Which ride do I refuse to go on.
a. Transformers - The Ride-3D
b. The Simpsons Ride
c. Flight of the Hippogriff
d. Shrek 4D

transformers?

10. Ya gotta eat. Where?
a. Suds McDuff’s Hot Dogs
b. Jurassic Café
c. Plaza Grill
d. Krusty Burger
Jurassic Cafe

11. Are you sick of this contest yet?
a. Yes.
b. No.
c. Yes. But I'm too polite to say.
d. No. But I lie a lot.
so many questions this round that I have no idea about! But B.

Bonus: Did you see it?
Of course you did.
But did you see the other one?
PM your guess.
Posting will result in deductions.

I saw the obvious one -- will have to go back and relook to see what else I missed.

Did I miss it or am I early??? I know your birthday is in the general vicinity of now. So I’ll just say it now!

Happy Birthday!!:cake::rockband:party:

I'm not even sure if
I've seen it start to finish
in one sitting.
Fantasia was certainly not everyone’s cup of tea.
I think that even Walt finally decided that in retrospect is was a mite ambitious.
From my perspective I felt that they chose the music fairly well and the visuals were of course quite engaging. They did a second one a few years back as well, and while again, I liked most of the musical choices, I don’t think they worked quite as hard on the visual representations that time.

And I saw both Pinocchio
and Leagues
in the basement of our church.
Movie night (afternoon?)
for the kiddies.
Of which I were one.
That’s a cool story as well.
Were they doing that as part of an after-school program?

My brother and I spent some time in a summer “day camp” that included a regular movie day.
We say some fairly good films during that time frame. We saw a lot of “fluff” and unmemorable things as well, but every once and again, something excellent would crop up.

That's a nice story
and an even nicer memory! :)
Agreed.
There aren’t a whole lot of those, so I’m glad for the ones that I can retrieve from these dilapidated old brain cells.

It's the time I took
the float plane out
when the town
was evacuated.

I've told this story, I'm sure?
I’m sure you have.
I haven’t gone back to read all of the cross conversations in your first two TR’s yet.
I suspect it either showed up there or during one of the points where I was off the boards for a couple of months and I just missed it.

It was from an old
Readers Digest article.
It was answers to common
sayings... without providing
the saying.

My favourite was.

"No. But Exocet missiles do."
We could have a contest to come up with the best phrase for that to be the answer to.
That would likely be rather entertaining.

I’m with you in that I like the line, but I can’t think of what the specific common saying they were offering a retort to would be in that instance. The only thing I can think of quickly without putting too much research into it would be the old war-time phrase: “Loose lips sink ships”. Not being a question, I’m pretty sure that ain’t it.

What phrase did you relate it to?

And... you were a wee bit tired?
Heh. Welcome to my weekly world.
(Although, now, after about 25 straight
years of it... it's every second week.)
I don’t even pretend to compete with your work hours; no one in their right mind would.
I’ve done a few stints of working strange and swing schedules back in my youth, but nothing like the foolishness you put up with. I suspect that some of you double and triple shifts would even be considered illegal in some countries and/or professions.

(It's my TR.
I get to decide.)
diO.jpg

I can definitely say
that you answered
the questions.
That_isn_t_very_reassuring.jpg

P1030370_zpshyutk6ud.jpg

It's been there ever since.
Daddy I am sure that I can reach it - let me just stretch a little farther.

I was disappointed to not see
Jaws appear and devour one.

(Get the connection?
Oh I love that movie and when I went to Las Angeles many years ago we took the Hollywood tour and they drove us by the balcony that he climbed up to get her. Pretty Woman

Seriously though.
Doesn't he remind you of the
Cameron Frye character
from Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

Right?
Am I right?
Tell me whatcha think.
Bonus points.
Yes he does.

I recognized him and decided
to offer him a bit of advice.
What could it hurt?

"Okay, Tiger. Visualize. See the hole?
Now... be the ball. Be the ball, Tiger."

Unfortunately, I think he misheard.
He thought I said "Be the bowel."
And his game's gone to crap ever since.
Yes and he really needed your help ever since. He is getting worser and worser as they days go on.

and a bathtub?

Say yes.
Bonus points....
Yes - we all need to see what hotel rooms look like. They are all unique.

Questions next round:

Do we:
a. purchase ($70 each)
c. Or both?
B - rope drop

b. Forbidden Journey
c. Shrek 4D
d. The Simpsons Ride
a Flight of the Hippogriff

a. Drink spills on Kay.
b. Kid throws up.
c. Ride breaks down.
d. Lose my hat.
Ride breaks down

a. Studio Tour
b. Special Effects Show
c. WaterWorld
d. Animal Actors.
a, d, e

But that's it!
Harry Potter wand

do we not ride?
b. King Kong 360 3-D
Fast & Furious - supercharged

Transformers the ride

8. Butter Beer.
Yeah, we try it.
Which do we try?
a. Frozen
b. Not frozen
c. Both
Both - you have 1 each and split them so you can get the whole experience

b. The Simpsons Ride
d. Shrek 4D
The Simpsons Ride because that is the one that I absolutely hated when I rode it at Universal Florida.

10. Ya gotta eat. Where?
b. Jurassic Café
c. Plaza Grill
d. Krusty Burger
Krusty Burger

a. Yes.
b. No.
d. No. But I lie a lot.
No

Of course you did.
PM your guess.
pm sent.

Hi Tammie! :)

I hope by now you are doing better. Sorry your back slowed you down - not a good way to get some rest.

Slooooooowly getting better.
I think I'm just about up to speed now.
Hurts when I do... but I can.

When you said the plane engines shut down, I thought it was because of the standing passenger. I'm glad you weren't stuck out there too long.

If that'd been the case,
I'm thinking the doors would've opened
and the cops would've come on board.

Hmm, Venice Beach was a little less crowded than I expected. I'm glad Kay got to touch the Pacific.

Guess it was too cold?
Or just because it was
the middle of a weekday?

I am surprised (or not) that you weren't impressed with In N Out. :rotfl2: We love it, but I know you can get better gourmet burgers. For fast food, once in LA we did a burger challenge over several days - Phat Burger, Burger Phi, In N Out, Five Guys, I don't even remember. For our family, In N Out won. I think one reason we love it is because it is our traditional vacation burger, so those little palm trees on the cup say "VACATION!!!!" to us. We have one here, but we only go every few months, and half the time they drown it in too much salt and they are slow. They just can't get it right here. Soon we will be living back in Oregon, and we will miss it again. Sorry, Loooong Ode to my burger! :rotfl:

Well, that's a good enough reason!
You go back to what makes you happy, right?

:)

Fun pics from Hollywood! Thanks for sharing the old pics that went with the handprints!

You're welcome!
It was fun hunting those down.

Rodeo Drive! The place we had our $200 lunch while gazing at the stores we could not shop. While trying to pretend we belonged there. :goodvibes

Hmmm.... $200 lunch.
Just had water?

I do know the connetion in the pic - Pretty Woman! I always think of that movie when I think of Rodeo Drive!

::yes::

I had forgotten you also did US before Disney. Such a fun trip for your princess!:bride:

Details, coming up!

I actually LOL'd on this one!

But it's true!

Roy Orbison approves.

Very good!

So by top -- are you talking about a shirt? Did it have gold or diamonds on it at least???

I think it was polyester/cotton.
So... two types of material and all.

They were clearly not expecting someone to be taking pictures within the in-n-out joint.

Do you think I looked
like a tourist?

Nah....

I suppose all Americans look the same to you???

You are all the same.

Not nice and varied like us!

That is a terrible likeness of Tiger. The others were pretty close -- this looks nothing like him.

Some were better than others.
There was a Bruce Willis one
that was really bad.

Thought so.

How many times can you eat chinese food on this trip? You're in California! You HAVE to eat the Mexican food while you're down there!!!

At least twice.

Guess how many times
we ate Mexican?

This is a tough one -- you're definitely going to purchase the FOTL passes -- I'm just not sure if you're going to rope drop. If it was just you -- you'd definitely rope drop as well -- but since she doesn't do mornings, I'm leaning towards no rope drop. But at the same time, you're probably only going to do one day there, so I could see you waking her up early.

Which obviously reminds me of this...

giphy.gif

I'm going to go with C.

I know nothing about that place -- so I'll just guess A.

Breaks down.

Walking dead

harry potter wand?

D. fast and furious

Transformers

Both -- she wants to try both and you get stuck with whichever one she doesn't like as much!

transformers?

Jurassic Cafe

so many questions this round that I have no idea about! But B.

All noted!

I saw the obvious one -- will have to go back and relook to see what else I missed.

Got your PM!

Do you have a birthday happening I don't know about?! If so... HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend!!!!!!!! :flower1::flower:

"Nope." Kay replied.
"He had a nice hat. So he's legit."
Please tell Kay to be careful with this line of reasoning... I've started many a failed relationship with the same logic.

I always assume that
if I'm not at the carousel
of hope and despair
when (if) my bags come out
that someone will steal them.
All of this. :laughing:

Weird. This surgery seems to be trending among most teenagers.

"Dad!" She urgently hissed. "Look!"
What?!?!? :eek:

Okay, lady.
Your guy is getting jealous.
Stop looking at me and pay
attention to him.
Seriously. Take a picture, lady, it lasts longer...

Seriously though.
Cameron Frye character
YES!!!!!!!!!! I thought this before you even mentioned it - wise minds... ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Thanks for inserting a bunch of the Hollywood signatures photos - that was so much fun!!!

Wow, you two sure packed in a ton of stuff that day, I'm impressed! :thumbsup2

Fantasia was certainly not everyone’s cup of tea.
I think that even Walt finally decided that in retrospect is was a mite ambitious.
From my perspective I felt that they chose the music fairly well and the visuals were of course quite engaging. They did a second one a few years back as well, and while again, I liked most of the musical choices, I don’t think they worked quite as hard on the visual representations that time.

I'm positive I've never seen the sequel.
Mostly I remember seeing snippets
of Fantasia on Disney shows here and there.

That’s a cool story as well.
Were they doing that as part of an after-school program?

No, I seem to recall that it was
something on its own.
I was probably 5 or something.

My brother and I spent some time in a summer “day camp” that included a regular movie day.
We say some fairly good films during that time frame. We saw a lot of “fluff” and unmemorable things as well, but every once and again, something excellent would crop up.

Ya gots to take the bad with the good.

Agreed.
There aren’t a whole lot of those, so I’m glad for the ones that I can retrieve from these dilapidated old brain cells.

I'm thinking if you thought real hard
you could come up with a few more good ones.

Been to a lantern festival lately?

:)

I’m sure you have.
I haven’t gone back to read all of the cross conversations in your first two TR’s yet.
I suspect it either showed up there or during one of the points where I was off the boards for a couple of months and I just missed it.

It was at the very back of
something like this:

BeaverFever9.jpg

In front of me were several
hundred yards of tangled,
smoke reeking fire hose.

The plane went up, down and side
to side as much as it went forward.

Fun ride.

Not.

We could have a contest to come up with the best phrase for that to be the answer to.
That would likely be rather entertaining.

I’m with you in that I like the line, but I can’t think of what the specific common saying they were offering a retort to would be in that instance. The only thing I can think of quickly without putting too much research into it would be the old war-time phrase: “Loose lips sink ships”. Not being a question, I’m pretty sure that ain’t it.

What phrase did you relate it to?

You nailed it!
That was the point.
It was obvious.
"Loose lips sink ships"

"No. But exocet missiles do."

I don’t even pretend to compete with your work hours; no one in their right mind would.
I’ve done a few stints of working strange and swing schedules back in my youth, but nothing like the foolishness you put up with. I suspect that some of you double and triple shifts would even be considered illegal in some countries and/or professions.

Hmmm... legal.
But just I think.

;)

Accurate.

You could have most right, too.
Or not.

I ain't sayin'!

Daddy I am sure that I can reach it - let me just stretch a little farther.

She touched the water....
Then ran in the opposite direction!

Oh I love that movie and when I went to Las Angeles many years ago we took the Hollywood tour and they drove us by the balcony that he climbed up to get her. Pretty Woman

No way! That's so cool!

Yes he does.

Right??

Yes and he really needed your help ever since. He is getting worser and worser as they days go on.

Yup.

I really need to work
on speaking more eerily.

Clearly!

Yes - we all need to see what hotel rooms look like. They are all unique.

Some have beds.
Some have bathrooms.
Some have both!

Questions next round:

Do we:
a. purchase ($70 each)
c. Or both?
B - rope drop

b. Forbidden Journey
c. Shrek 4D
d. The Simpsons Ride
a Flight of the Hippogriff

a. Drink spills on Kay.
b. Kid throws up.
c. Ride breaks down.
d. Lose my hat.
Ride breaks down

a. Studio Tour
b. Special Effects Show
c. WaterWorld
d. Animal Actors.
a, d, e

But that's it!
Harry Potter wand

do we not ride?
b. King Kong 360 3-D
Fast & Furious - supercharged

Transformers the ride

8. Butter Beer.
Yeah, we try it.
Which do we try?
a. Frozen
b. Not frozen
c. Both
Both - you have 1 each and split them so you can get the whole experience

b. The Simpsons Ride
d. Shrek 4D
The Simpsons Ride because that is the one that I absolutely hated when I rode it at Universal Florida.

10. Ya gotta eat. Where?
b. Jurassic Café
c. Plaza Grill
d. Krusty Burger
Krusty Burger

a. Yes.
b. No.
d. No. But I lie a lot.
No

All noted!

Got it!

Do you have a birthday happening I don't know about?! If so... HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend!!!!!!!! :flower1::flower:

Thanks, Tracy! :goodvibes

Please tell Kay to be careful with this line of reasoning... I've started many a failed relationship with the same logic.

Uh, oh.
Okay, I'll pass the word.

All of this. :laughing:

No lie,
am I right?

Weird. This surgery seems to be trending among most teenagers.

Someone is making
bucketfuls of cash.
And it ain't me!

Seriously. Take a picture, lady, it lasts longer...

:laughing: I haven't hear that one
in forever and a day!

YES!!!!!!!!!! I thought this before you even mentioned it - wise minds... ::yes:: :thumbsup2

We is smart!

Thanks for inserting a bunch of the Hollywood signatures photos - that was so much fun!!!

That was my favourite part
of writing that update. :goodvibes

Wow, you two sure packed in a ton of stuff that day, I'm impressed! :thumbsup2

The trip is just getting started!

We arrived at the Delta
check in and were
greeted with this sight:
Ugh! We always fly out of Columbus here in Ohio and every time we do, our line looks like this. It sucks.

Four people left the line to follow him.
I looked at Kay, she looked at me,
we shrugged and followed the man.

Good choice.

I admit that I was a bit
concerned that I'd find
a long, slow line.
But the opposite was true

That's because all those people were still here...

See ya sucka's...

Probably the watch one

Yes, probably most definately the watch one!

I was fine, I had made sure
to shift in the saddle
and stretch fairly often.
So I greatly enjoyed
poking fun at her pain.

This was such a missed oppurtunity on your part! You should have at least shared with her to keep stretching and moving in the saddle... then, when she felt she didn't need to listen to you or that she new better, the poking fun could commence and would have much more meaning!

Some people are too stupid to fly.

AMEN!

I always assume that
if I'm not at the carousel
of hope and despair
when (if) my bags come out
that someone will steal them.

If you didn't keep you Millions of $$$$$ in them, you wouldn't have to be so worried!

I was disappointed to not see
Jaws appear and devour one.

Might want to look closer at that picture... here... I blew up a portion for you...
upload_2017-10-31_0-17-39.png

(Get the connection?

Vivian: “Tell me one person who it's worked out for.”

Kit: “What, you want me to name someone? You want like a name? Oh, God, the pressure of a name... I got it. Cinda****in'rella.

We went back to our car.
Tails between our legs.

Been there! Done that. LOL

"Dad!" She urgently hissed. "Look!"

IMG_6652_zps13h9ckyh.jpg

Uh, picture please! Can't believe she passed that up. He's even close to looking like a Capabara with all his fur!

Seriously though.
Cameron Frye character

I was already thinking that before you even posted this below the picture.

She will do this...but won't pose for a pic with Wolvereen?
(by the way this pic is amazing!)

and a bathtub?

Yes!

Say yes.
Bonus points....

yes

Do we:
a. purchase ($70 each)
c. Or both?

C. both

b. Forbidden Journey
c. Shrek 4D
d. The Simpsons Ride

a. flight of the hippogriff

a. Drink spills on Kay.
b. Kid throws up.
c. Ride breaks down.
d. Lose my hat.

d. lose my hat

a. Studio Tour
b. Special Effects Show
c. WaterWorld
d. Animal Actors.

d. Animal actors
e. walking dead attraction

But that's it!

Hooded sweat shirt

do we not ride?
b. King Kong 360 3-D

d. Fast and Furious - Supercharged

c. Revenge of the Mummy

8. Butter Beer.
Yeah, we try it.
Which do we try?
a. Frozen
b. Not frozen
c. Both

c. both

9 Which ride do I refuse to go on.
b. The Simpsons Ride
d. Shrek 4D

a. Transformers - The Ride - 3D

10. Ya gotta eat. Where?
b. Jurassic Café
c. Plaza Grill
d. Krusty Burger

d. Krusty Burger

a. Yes.
b. No.
d. No. But I lie a lot.

b. No (since there is no option for Heck no!)

Of course you did.
PM your guess.

Sending you a PM.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter