Calling all SINGLE solo travelers

Alacrity said:
Okeydoke. Single (again) and a Disney fan! Was at the World last year in September between the hurricains with friends and headed there for a couple weekends in September solo ( a conference I'll be attending is in town). SWM and...rats...40 tomorrow. pirate:

Alacrity - This is probably the dumbest post you have ever read but here goes...

I play D&D and in our game, one of the characters has a magical ability that is only activated when he says "Alacrity"

I have seriously never seen that word anywhere besides my D&D game until I saw your screen name. :)

Just felt like sharing. ;)

Carry on...

Sheri

Wow, there are some single male disney fans....there is hope after all!!

EsmeraldaX said:
Alacrity - This is probably the dumbest post you have ever read but here goes...

I play D&D and in our game, one of the characters has a magical ability that is only activated when he says "Alacrity"

I have seriously never seen that word anywhere besides my D&D game until I saw your screen name. :)

Carry on...

Sheri

alac·ri·ty
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin alacritas, from alacr-, alacer lively, eager
: promptness in response : cheerful readiness <accepted the invitation with alacrity>

I've heard the word used a few times. Never used it myself, but I have heard it used...

How about "acquiesce"? I used that in a sentence once and got laughed at (even though I used it correctly).

My sister directed me to this thread with this note 'meet a man who loves the mouse'. Wonder what she's trying to tell me? hehehe

I'm 36, female, in Nova Scotia.

I've been tagging along with my sister and her family. Little mini-vacations locally, to Disney in January and another trip in January 06. In fact, on our last trip to SSR we purchased dvc together. Whoo hoo, now we have to go. :)

Hi Kelly! Welcome to the DIS, and Welcome Home on your DVC purchase! I've owned at Beach Club since 2003, and I love it! I'm actually an Annual Pass holder now because of it.

EsmeraldaX said:

Heh! I've used it as a network nickname for years. I first saw it in a SciFi book (Jinx on a Terran Inheritance, Brian Daley) as the name of one of the characters: Alacrity Fitzhugh. Since then I've used the name along with the other major character in the book: Hobart Floyt. Is the magical ablility speed by chance? :rolleyes:

WIllCAD is correct in the definition. One would do something with alacrity. They would do something quickly. as for "acquiesce", it's in one of my favorite lines from the Pirates of the Caribbean; "I am disinclined to
acquiesce...means no!"

Alacrity said:
Is the magical ablility speed by chance? :rolleyes:

Yep. Improved haste. :teeth:

WIllCAD is correct in the definition. One would do something with alacrity. They would do something quickly. As for "acquiesce", it's in one of my favorite lines from the Pirates of the Caribbean: "I am disinclined to acquiesce...means no!"

WillCAD - I was going to mention the PoTC line too. One of the best lines in the movie. I use it often IRL. ;)

crcormier said:
Hi Kelly! Welcome to the DIS, and Welcome Home on your DVC purchase! I've owned at Beach Club since 2003, and I love it! I'm actually an Annual Pass holder now because of it.

Well hi ho to some fellow DVCers! I own at HHI and will be spending some points in September at the Beach club and Wilderness Lodge!

I'm 43, divorced, and love WDW. My teenager travels with me now (I own DVC at VWL), but when he goes to college, I anticipate 2 trips a year and am afraid I just might need more points. My first real solo trip will probably be next summer when he goes to band camp.

New to site. SWF 23 from UK. Don't think there are any male Disney fans over here! I certainly haven't found any! :flower:

Hi Miss Lumiere. There must be some over there. You guys have a whole board on this site! Whether or not they're single, is another question. Welcome anyway! :wave:

hi everyone--im a 20 year old single female... can never find any guys that like disney, so good to know there are some out there!
going back to the parks in may and sept :)

I wish I was going to be there, Space Command!!! I definitely need it! But alas, I have to wait until May 16th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter