Boston DIS meet Sat. April, 29--Jerry eats his weight in pork!

I saw "Fire & Ice", Monday while in Boston...now at least I know where I'm going! After leaving the Common Parking Garage,go up to The Public Garden and it's 2 blocks up on the Left.(Close to the John Hancock Bldg.,I think)Hope these directions help. :flower:

Oh, I know where I'm supposed to end up. I went to the meet there last fall. It was terrific. I can't wait to eat there again. I always worry obsessively about stupid stuff like this. You can all laugh at me on the 29th. :woohoo:

Purple duck, I sorry that you won't be able to make it. We'll all wear purple in mourning ;)

Diane, can you get yourself on Boylston Street from the Boston Common Garage (I'm not sure where the garage lets you out, so I can't direct you how to get there). Once on Boylston, just walk towards the Back Bay, and take a left onto Berkeley, and it's one block down.

we are still in :) does anyone know if there is a T-stop right near it? if so which?

I think the Arlington stop is the closest one, but Karen might know better.

aengus said:
we are still in :) does anyone know if there is a T-stop right near it? if so which?

Arlington on the green line, or Back Bay on the Orange Line are the closest.

Aengus, PinkGirlyGirl, her boys, and I are meeting at Wellington Station and taking the T in together. I don't know if that is a doable option for you, but you'd be welcome to join us.

Woot! One more week from today! :thumbsup2

Yes, Jellyrolls is holding my hand to make sure I get into the big city in one piece. Otherwise, I would never make it.... :rotfl2:

I cannot wait! This is my very FIRST Dis meet! Though I have to admit, I'm a little nervous too - not sure what to expect :teeth:

We are still planning on going DD10 & myself...really don't know what to expect either , but we love Boston and want to give it a try.I hope it's a nice,sunny day...the Swan Boats are open and maybe we can catch a ride on them,too !!!See you all there! :sunny:

I'm still in!

Now how about that 'Wicked' today??!!

I absolutely loved it! Sets and costuming were amazing!! Fantastic performances by the whole cast!!

threeboysmom said:
I cannot wait! This is my very FIRST Dis meet! Though I have to admit, I'm a little nervous too - not sure what to expect :teeth:

Just an FYI, meets are always more enjoyable when you bring the person who organizes the meets presents (right, Diane?)

wellington stop is doable for us, we would get on at Malden if heading that way. What time were you going to meet at?

aengus said:
wellington stop is doable for us, we would get on at Malden if heading that way. What time were you going to meet at?

LOL! Good question, Aengus! I'm waiting to hear the time too! :thumbsup2

TLinden16 said:
Just an FYI, meets are always more enjoyable when you bring the person who organizes the meets presents (right, Diane?)

Oh bother...I knew I was forgetting something!!!!

ImprovGal said:
I'm still in!

Now how about that 'Wicked' today??!!

I absolutely loved it! Sets and costuming were amazing!! Fantastic performances by the whole cast!!

Were you at the Opera House too??? We were at the matinee....waaay up in the air!!! Thought I was going to get a nosebleed, but it was marvelous. I simply loved it. DD wants to see it in NYC now...yeah, that's going to happen. We had a terrific time though. I wanted to hang out and try to meet some of the cast, but since we were with another mom and her dd, we didn't. They really wanted to get back to Westborough and meet the dh's for dinner.
But, I could see it again, and again...just incredible. I was sitting there, tears flowing down my face during Defying Gravity!!!! Just sent shivers down my spine.

goofy4tink said:
Were you at the Opera House too??? We were at the matinee....waaay up in the air!!! Thought I was going to get a nosebleed, but it was marvelous. I simply loved it. DD wants to see it in NYC now...yeah, that's going to happen. We had a terrific time though. I wanted to hang out and try to meet some of the cast, but since we were with another mom and her dd, we didn't. They really wanted to get back to Westborough and meet the dh's for dinner.
But, I could see it again, and again...just incredible. I was sitting there, tears flowing down my face during Defying Gravity!!!! Just sent shivers down my spine.

I was indeed at the Opera House -- Saturday matinee as well. I was down in front, though. (I'm a Broadway In Boston subscriber and I snagged seat A101 for the Spamalot perks. <G>) I left right after the show because I had to head back to RI to run some errands.
I already submitted my Providence Performing Arts Center subscription request to see it again next year! I'd love to catch it in NYC at some point, though.

Well, if Aengus is going to be meeting us, and he'll be getting on the train at Malden, it would make sense to meet inside the turnstiles. So why don't we meet at about 11:15 at the bottom of the escalator on the right hand platform.

Karen

ImprovGal said:
I was indeed at the Opera House -- Saturday matinee as well. I was down in front, though. (I'm a Broadway In Boston subscriber and I snagged seat A101 for the Spamalot perks. <G>) I left right after the show because I had to head back to RI to run some errands.
I already submitted my Providence Performing Arts Center subscription request to see it again next year! I'd love to catch it in NYC at some point, though.

My dd was begging to do Providence in January last night!!!! I thought I was an early bird when I got our tickets, but alas and alack, I was not!!!

that will work for us.

TLinden16 said:
Well, if Aengus is going to be meeting us, and he'll be getting on the train at Malden, it would make sense to meet inside the turnstiles. So why don't we meet at about 11:15 at the bottom of the escalator on the right hand platform.

Karen

OK, that works for me too! I *think* I know where you're talking about, Karen - the platform where you stand for the T to take you into the city, correct? ;)

See you at 11:15!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter