BOG paper plates only

Actually, it hasn't. We've had a couple posters say that. I've read other articles that say it's a test. We'll see what we see.

Come on. It was established by "anonymous poster on a message board". The multiple blogs reporting differently obviously have no clue. :rolleyes:

Some just choose to believe "anonymous poster on a message board" because they want his/her version to be true, though. Maybe it is true. But, I'm not sure why all the blogs have it wrong, and don't even mention anything about a dishwasher remodel.

My biggest question is this...All reports state that the paper plates are only coming out at lunch. If the dishwasher thing is true, why not breakfast too?

Come on. It was established by "anonymous poster on a message board". The multiple blogs reporting differently obviously have no clue. :rolleyes:

Some just choose to believe "anonymous poster on a message board" because they want his/her version to be true, though. Maybe it is true. But, I'm not sure why all the blogs have it wrong, and don't even mention anything about a dishwasher remodel.

My biggest question is this...All reports state that the paper plates are only coming out at lunch. If the dishwasher thing is true, why not breakfast too?
I choose to believe the anonymous poster because the story seems plausible. And because I don't care enough not to believe them. :laughing:

I can believe though that paper plates are just at lunch because they are working with diminished work space and need extra time to wash dishes before dinner.

I choose to believe the anonymous poster because the story seems plausible. And because I don't care enough not to believe them. :laughing:

I can believe though that paper plates are just at lunch because they are working with diminished work space and need extra time to wash dishes before dinner.

Has "anonymous message board poster" even offered up any information as to how he/she knows without a doubt that this isn't a test, and is just because of the dishwasher remodel? Is he/she a cast member at BoG (we all know that cast members have only accurate information :rolleyes:)?

Even if there is a dishwasher remodel ongoing, that doesn't mean that this isn't a test that is also ongoing.

Like I said....maybe it's true and is only temporary. I'm not ruling it out by any means. My comments are more to the "I'm going to take the word of an anonymous internet poster who has offered no explanation as to why his/her explanation is credible as 100% fact" crowd, for no other reason than it "seems" plausible and it's what they want to be true.

Has "anonymous message board poster" even offered up any information as to how he/she knows without a doubt that this isn't a test, and is just because of the dishwasher remodel? Is he/she a cast member at BoG (we all know that cast members have only accurate information :rolleyes:)?

Even if there is a dishwasher remodel ongoing, that doesn't mean that this isn't a test that is also ongoing.

Like I said....maybe it's true and is only temporary. I'm not ruling it out by any means. My comments are more to the "I'm going to take the word of an anonymous internet poster who has offered no explanation as to why his/her explanation is credible as 100% fact" crowd, for no other reason than it "seems" plausible and it's what they want to be true.

I’d say “friends with a BOG CM” is close enough.

It’s true that CMs don’t always have correct or the most up to date info, but what this CM told his/her friend who then posted here does make sense. I guess I don’t have a good reason not to believe it at this point. I feel like an actual BOG CM would know whether or not a kitchen remodel is going on, I guess.

I’d say “friends with a BOG CM” is close enough.

It’s true that CMs don’t always have correct or the most up to date info, but what this CM told his/her friend who then posted here does make sense. I guess I don’t have a good reason not to believe it at this point. I feel like an actual BOG CM would know whether or not a kitchen remodel is going on, I guess.

What level of BoG CM are we talking about? Cook? Wait staff? Kiosk operator? Anyone other than those listed who would actually be privy to higher up operational decisions? If it isn't some kind of management, they probably have no clue and could quite possibly be jumping to conclusions based on nothing more than coincidence.

As I said, just because a kitchen remodel is going on...doesn't mean that this isn't also a test.

What level of BoG CM are we talking about? Cook? Wait staff? Kiosk operator? Anyone other than those listed who would actually be privy to higher up operational decisions? If it isn't some kind of management, they probably have no clue and could quite possibly be jumping to conclusions based on nothing more than coincidence.

As I said, just because a kitchen remodel is going on...doesn't mean that this isn't also a test.

They could be, but management also may have told them what’s going on. In places I’ve worked, management let us know of operational decisions when they were allowed to. It doesn’t seem like a temporary kitchen remodel is something that would be kept super duper top secret.

I totally understand why people may not believe what CMs say. But I don’t think it’s totally unreasonable TO believe them either, particularly in a case like this.

I’m not sure how believing a BOG CM (I believe one poster was a BOG CM and one had a friend that was a BOG CM) is any more random than believing a blogger. Neither are official sources.

Not to mention the blogger is basing their information on a post from one random poster on a message board/Instagram, not first hand experience or face-to-face conversation. I've seen one poster say a CM told them it's a test. I've seen at least 3 different posters (on different message boards) who say they have a direct connection to BOG say that this is a temporary situation due to a kitchen/dishwasher upgrade.

Right now I'd say there's a 60% chance that the kitchen refurbishment story is accurate; a 25% chance that it's just a test; a 13% chance that it's a combination of the 2 "stories"; and a 2% chance that it's "none of the above".

They are doing a kitchen refurb at the moment at BOG. Rather than closing the location altogether (which would have people in a frenzy), they're using paper plates so that kitchen stewards can have an easier time trying to keep up while the refurb/expansion is going on. That's the story. I'm sure that this too shall pass...

there ya go. answer to the question. if that is true then i would assume that's why the paper also. but we know what happens when one assumes. but i bet is because of the refurb.

i really don't want my pot roast in one of those little paper disney bowls though. they got larger ones i hope for the pot roast? lol i'm ok if it isn't a green solution. i like the pt orast there for lunch. oh and the cupcakes. oh the cupcakes. good stuff for a quick lunch.

jim

This is what a friend who is a CM told me. They're really trying they're best -- apparently behind the scenes it's a real mess there. Just makes me feel bad for the CMs that people are getting so upset about paper plates when they're just trying to keep their heads above water while stuff is in disarray.

just make sure they keep the drywall dust off the cupcakes or people will think it's powder sugar.

there ya go. answer to the question. if that is true then i would assume that's why the paper also. but we know what happens when one assumes. but i bet is because of the refurb.

i really don't want my pot roast in one of those little paper disney bowls though. they got larger ones i hope for the pot roast? lol i'm ok if it isn't a green solution. i like the pt orast there for lunch. oh and the cupcakes. oh the cupcakes. good stuff for a quick lunch.

jim
I posted a link that shows the plates. They're pretty fancy for paper.

I posted a link that shows the plates. They're pretty fancy for paper.
I saw that. The one looked like a small tray in a cafeteria. The others did like like a regular plate. I figured they were the typical Disney fast food plates.

This was posted to a facebook group from a person's facebook's personal account. The name was blurred to not "out them". I cropped off that part. I do not know this person, but it sounds very credible, in addition they were willing to use their fb.

D8FCD777-5EC5-429E-9EC9-D0536DE1D602.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow. Now I am seriously considering giving up my BOG lunch ADR. Not because “OMG my food would be on paper!!!” but because I feel bad for them having to work in that environment!
They probably prefer that to unemployment.

Reactions: fbb
They probably prefer that to unemployment.

If they are having anxiety attacks, I’m not so sure.

Disney would have found somewhere to put them on a temporary basis if they had taken BOG down for refurb.

So anonymous message board poster works there. I'm pretty sure I would know that the dish washing room is shut down and being remodeled. I don't need management to tell me that 1/3 of the kitchen area is blocked off, I can see it. I can see the temporary dish room and what they're able to do there.

As for why it's only paper plates during lunch and not breakfast, I've given the reason for that in another post. Real plates are being used for breakfast and then lunch is being used to get caught up and get all the plates clean for dinner. Lunch volume is too high for normal plates to be used and still be available for dinner.

Management has been telling us about the construction since November. They started some of it in December. They've been telling us paper plates are going away after the remodel, the other day they said the paper plates might be going away sooner than that. It also wouldn't make sense to remodel the dish area and expand it just to keep using paper after it's finished. Nobody likes the paper plates. They slow everything down and they don't look as good.

That first paragraph in that image of posts is pretty accurate. It's gotten better as we've started finding a groove but it's still a mess. Managers and the dish crew have been there very late, they've been coming in early, everyone has been doing what they can to make it smoother.

So there's the explanation from someone that actually works in the kitchen, someone that deals with this situation six days a week.

Don't give up your reservations because we still want to serve our guests and we still want to put out food that looks and tastes good. It's tough working conditions right now but we will push through and do what we need to for our guests.

So anonymous message board poster works there. I'm pretty sure I would know that the dish washing room is shut down and being remodeled. I don't need management to tell me that 1/3 of the kitchen area is blocked off, I can see it. I can see the temporary dish room and what they're able to do there.

As for why it's only paper plates during lunch and not breakfast, I've given the reason for that in another post. Real plates are being used for breakfast and then lunch is being used to get caught up and get all the plates clean for dinner. Lunch volume is too high for normal plates to be used and still be available for dinner.

Management has been telling us about the construction since November. They started some of it in December. They've been telling us paper plates are going away after the remodel, the other day they said the paper plates might be going away sooner than that. It also wouldn't make sense to remodel the dish area and expand it just to keep using paper after it's finished. Nobody likes the paper plates. They slow everything down and they don't look as good.

That first paragraph in that image of posts is pretty accurate. It's gotten better as we've started finding a groove but it's still a mess. Managers and the dish crew have been there very late, they've been coming in early, everyone has been doing what they can to make it smoother.

So there's the explanation from someone that actually works in the kitchen, someone that deals with this situation six days a week.

Don't give up your reservations because we still want to serve our guests and we still want to put out food that looks and tastes good. It's tough working conditions right now but we will push through and do what we need to for our guests.

Thank you for sharing.

How long is this expected to be going on? The renovation I mean - I'm not concerned about paper plates.

Thank you for sharing.

How long is this expected to be going on? The renovation I mean - I'm not concerned about paper plates.

They say 3 months, we're I think only 2.5 weeks in. But knowing construction it might take longer. Once the dish area is finished they're going to be working on other areas of the kitchen but none that should impact things the way the dish room does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter