BOG paper plates only

diana13

Mouseketeer
Having lunch today and BOG is using paper products only, no more plates. Think it's a test and they said switched yesterday. I agree with trying be more green but think they need different plates. The appearance is not great for a $17 sandwich and seems like you're getting less since the various plates and bowls look smaller. The french dip looked like barely any fries and looking around at other meals they all looked so small. Anyone else notice?

Well that's icky. That was one of the upsides to needing reservations for a CS restaurant! I wonder how long the test will last. We're there in less than 2 weeks.

Having lunch today and BOG is using paper products only, no more plates. Think it's a test and they said switched yesterday. I agree with trying be more green but think they need different plates. The appearance is not great for a $17 sandwich and seems like you're getting less since the various plates and bowls look smaller. The french dip looked like barely any fries and looking around at other meals they all looked so small. Anyone else notice?
Reduce, reuse, recycle....

Paper plates are not 'being green'....unless they are compostable.

This is an area where Disney should be leading, but fails miserably.

I hope the test is over by February 9. My sister has never been and real plates was such a nice touch. ☹️

Reduce, reuse, recycle....

Paper plates are not 'being green'....unless they are compostable.

This is an area where Disney should be leading, but fails miserably.

I am confused. Is Disney trying to say paper plates are more green? or is that just your interpretation OP? Did you ask why the switch?

Yeah I always get the Braised Pork ... this would be a deal breaker for me. :wave2: Bye Bye.

I am confused. Is Disney trying to say paper plates are more green? or is that just your interpretation OP? Did you ask why the switch?
I'm saying that, in general, Disney is not as 'green' as they could be.

Disney disposes of way too much paper & plastic that is not compostable.

I have no idea what is going on at BoG, but it would not change my view that Disney could do more to be 'greener'.

For instance, Disney uses paper straws in Animal Kingdom because of the danger to the animals. If those straws cost less than plastic, Disney would use them throughout all their Parks.

Another example - Disney uses disposable plastic utensils in all their QwikServe places - imagine the reduction in waste if they simply washed metal utensils instead. With service areas of QwikService places that connect to Table Service places that do wash their utensils, I am constantly shocked at this sort of needless waste at Disney.

I have no idea what is going on at BoG, but it would not change my view that Disney could do more to be 'greener'.

For instance, Disney uses paper straws in Animal Kingdom because of the danger to the animals. If those straws cost less than plastic, Disney would use them throughout all their Parks.

Another example - Disney uses disposable plastic utensils in all their QwikServe places - imagine the reduction in waste if they simply washed metal utensils instead. With service areas of QwikService places that connect to Table Service places that do wash their utensils, I am constantly shocked at this sort of needless waste at Disney.

Yes, I understand all of that. Sorry I was not clear. I was referring to...
I agree with trying be more green but think they need different plates.

OP makes it sound like either they or Disney thinks disposable plates are more green.

don you realize what has to be done to wash silverware to be reused. I am will to bet that moat CSs do not have a dishwasher. plus are you willing to chance traces of nuts/peanuts being left behind when ran thru a dishwasher. I am guessing Disney isn't

don you realize what has to be done to wash silverware to be reused. I am will to bet that moat CSs do not have a dishwasher. plus are you willing to chance traces of nuts/peanuts being left behind when ran thru a dishwasher. I am guessing Disney isn't

I'd guess Disney is since flatware would go through the same process at a table service restaurant...and nuts aren't the only allergan that trace amounts could cause a problem.

If I follow your logic, for the sake of people with a peanut (or any severe) allergy, all flatware at Disney should be discarded instead of washed - whether plastic or metal.

Plenty of other posts on this Thread have pointed out that BoG turns into a table service restaurant for dinner - so it likely has a dishwasher to sanitize. Also, have you seen maps of Disney QS - many (if not most) are attached to table service establishments behind the scenes - where a dishwasher would be located.

Further still, you are ignoring how plastic utensils are obtained - anyone can touch the lever that dispenses plastic utensils, even people who might have been in contact with peanuts. How about the trays - are they sanitized before being loaded with paper plates and plastic utensils? If so, even QS have dishwashers to sanitize; if not, then your argument falls-flat again.

And while I gave an example about plastic versus metal utensils, you seemingly ignored all the other places where Disney simply fails to be green, like using more expensive paper straws in Animal Kingdom, but less expensive plastic ones every place else. And anyone can touch these dispensers - even people who have been in contact with peanuts.

I'll state it again, unequivocally - Disney is not as 'green' as they could be - and it has nothing to do with preventing the spread of allergens.

If I follow your logic, for the sake of people with a peanut (or any severe) allergy, all flatware at Disney should be discarded instead of washed - whether plastic or metal.

Plenty of other posts on this Thread have pointed out that BoG turns into a table service restaurant for dinner - so it likely has a dishwasher to sanitize. Also, have you seen maps of Disney QS - many (if not most) are attached to table service establishments behind the scenes - where a dishwasher would be located.

Further still, you are ignoring how plastic utensils are obtained - anyone can touch the lever that dispenses plastic utensils, even people who might have been in contact with peanuts. How about the trays - are they sanitized before being loaded with paper plates and plastic utensils? If so, even QS have dishwashers to sanitize; if not, then your argument falls-flat again.

And while I gave an example about plastic versus metal utensils, you seemingly ignored all the other places where Disney simply fails to be green, like using more expensive paper straws in Animal Kingdom, but less expensive plastic ones every place else. And anyone can touch these dispensers - even people who have been in contact with peanuts.

I'll state it again, unequivocally - Disney is not as 'green' as they could be - and it has nothing to do with preventing the spread of allergens.
I am basing my comments from small park I work at. I work at the largest food stand in my park even though we have dishwasher we use plastic silverwear. the amount of time that hand washing and sanitize or dishwasher would slow everything down. yes this is what I do in the stand. if you have read my past posts yes one of my grandsons reacted to peanuts while in a line at MK

I am basing my comments from small park I work at. I work at the largest food stand in my park even though we have dishwasher we use plastic silverwear. the amount of time that hand washing and sanitize or dishwasher would slow everything down. yes this is what I do in the stand. if you have read my past posts yes one of my grandsons reacted to peanuts while in a line at MK
By your own admission - your place of employment and/or Disney are using plastic utensils to save time & money.

This has nothing to do with being 'green' - as I used as the basis to my argument.

This has nothing to do with preventing the spread of allergens - since your grandson was impacted from merely standing in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter