BOG paper plates only

They say 3 months, we're I think only 2.5 weeks in. But knowing construction it might take longer. Once the dish area is finished they're going to be working on other areas of the kitchen but none that should impact things the way the dish room does.

Thank you.

So anonymous message board poster works there. I'm pretty sure I would know that the dish washing room is shut down and being remodeled. I don't need management to tell me that 1/3 of the kitchen area is blocked off, I can see it. I can see the temporary dish room and what they're able to do there.

As for why it's only paper plates during lunch and not breakfast, I've given the reason for that in another post. Real plates are being used for breakfast and then lunch is being used to get caught up and get all the plates clean for dinner. Lunch volume is too high for normal plates to be used and still be available for dinner.

Management has been telling us about the construction since November. They started some of it in December. They've been telling us paper plates are going away after the remodel, the other day they said the paper plates might be going away sooner than that. It also wouldn't make sense to remodel the dish area and expand it just to keep using paper after it's finished. Nobody likes the paper plates. They slow everything down and they don't look as good.

That first paragraph in that image of posts is pretty accurate. It's gotten better as we've started finding a groove but it's still a mess. Managers and the dish crew have been there very late, they've been coming in early, everyone has been doing what they can to make it smoother.

So there's the explanation from someone that actually works in the kitchen, someone that deals with this situation six days a week.

Don't give up your reservations because we still want to serve our guests and we still want to put out food that looks and tastes good. It's tough working conditions right now but we will push through and do what we need to for our guests.
Looking forward to having some breakfast from you and your hard working coworkers in early March! Thanks for all of your explanations.

Had lunch there today and had the regular plates and silverware. No paper plates, just paper cups for beverages.

They did mention that they might go back to regular plates the other day but that was all they said. They must have decided to do that. Maybe they feel like the dish washers will be able to keep up now that a routine has been worked out. I'm not sure, I guess we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter