BOG Breakfast-How Many Trips Through The Mine?

Has anyone done child swap with this ride after BOG? Just wondering how it works on 7DMT. We'll have an 11mo, so we'll have to split up in two groups. Wondering how that will affect going to PPF afterward as well.

Yes, they'll give you a swap pass.

We did this last November after BoG breakfast; the line from people who had finished BoG started moving at 8:37 am to ride Mine Train. I waited with the younger one on the side. The CM at the 7DMT entrance did not give me a rider swap right away; he told me to wait and see if we have time for a second ride "before the hordes arrive". The hordes arrived before my wife and older son got off the ride, so he flagged me over (I was playing with my younger son over by Enchanted Tales) and gave me a rider swap pass. Just then, my wife and older son came out. We hustled over to Peter Pan, and it was fun to walk the new queue briskly. We never stopped walking fast, boarded Peter Pan, and were off the ride right at 9 am.

(Then one member of our party looked down and realized her MB had fallen off her wrist.... But that's another story.)

Yes, they'll give you a swap pass.

We did this last November after BoG breakfast; the line from people who had finished BoG started moving at 8:37 am to ride Mine Train. I waited with the younger one on the side. The CM at the 7DMT entrance did not give me a rider swap right away; he told me to wait and see if we have time for a second ride "before the hordes arrive". The hordes arrived before my wife and older son got off the ride, so he flagged me over (I was playing with my younger son over by Enchanted Tales) and gave me a rider swap pass. Just then, my wife and older son came out. We hustled over to Peter Pan, and it was fun to walk the new queue briskly. We never stopped walking fast, boarded Peter Pan, and were off the ride right at 9 am.

(Then one member of our party looked down and realized her MB had fallen off her wrist.... But that's another story.)

LOL. So you essentially got the pass and then went to PP, then came back later with the pass?

We have an 8:55 BOG on 5/22. We will enter the park at 7:45, walk leisurely, ride 7DMT at 8:45 and walk to breakfast.

You should not plan on this. If the park doesn't open until 9am. You should also plan to be told no you wont get a ride. Sometimes they let people get a ride in sometimes they don't. Once again do not make plans to do this, it will only upset you when you get denied a ride. The CMs do not have to give anyone a ride before official opening if they so choose. And if it's because other people got a ride during the conclusion of opening ceremony chances are there will already be a little bit of a line.

Ugh we have an 8:50am BOG in June and I have only held on to it because I had only read reports of them letting in everyone at 7:45 regardless of your ADR being for 8 or 8:55 as long as it was pre park opening. Now I have people here telling me to not count on getting in at 7:45 and be prepared for them to do the cut off at 8:30 ADR's depending on what CM is working that morning. I don't want to keep it if we can't get in with everyone else. I don't know what to do! Bleh :crazy2:

We were pleased how it worked out. We had an 8:05 am BOG ADR on Sunday 4/24. The bag check lines were slow and we got there at 8:00-8:05. We preordered and finished breakfast at 8:40. They had a line started for BOG guests for the 7DMT over the bridge at the back end of the ride. They let us in at about 8:50 am and got right on. We got one ride then headed over to Peter Pan with a 15 minute wait.

There was a couple in their early 50's with an adult son that scoped out the line by walking around then stood off to the side. Next thing we know they cut into the line just behind us as we were allowed to start walking over to the entrance of 7DMT. Very slick; they cut into a long line of people behind them. Jerks.

We were pleased how it worked out. We had an 8:05 am BOG ADR on Sunday 4/24. The bag check lines were slow and we got there at 8:00-8:05. We preordered and finished breakfast at 8:40. They had a line started for BOG guests for the 7DMT over the bridge at the back end of the ride. They let us in at about 8:50 am and got right on. We got one ride then headed over to Peter Pan with a 15 minute wait.

There was a couple in their early 50's with an adult son that scoped out the line by walking around then stood off to the side. Next thing we know they cut into the line just behind us as we were allowed to start walking over to the entrance of 7DMT. Very slick; they cut into a long line of people behind them. Jerks.
We were there that same morning! We got to MK by about 7:15 and had to wait about 15 minutes for them to even open the bag lines. Quick photo but were first in line for BOG and ate and were out by 8:20 or so. We were first in the 7D line (so I swear, although we ARE in our early 50's, we didn't have any of our adult sons with us nor did we cut the line :o ). We still only had time for one ride and then rushed to PP as well and probably waited 5-10 minutes there.

My husband and I are going in September and we have 8:50 ADR for BOG with the park opening at 9. What time will they let us in to get to our ADR? I saw earlier in the thread that if you have an after 8:40 they make you wait until opening but at 9 we will already be late. I keep watching for an earlier but so far no luck.

Correct. There was a CM stationed at the 7DM entrance politely informing folks that "The park is not opened yet". We asked if she knew when we could ride 7DM and all she would tell us is that we could ride it once the park opens. We got on the ride well ahead of the first wave of rope droppers arrived and that's all I really wanted/expected.

EDIT: I'll add that I don't know if they've stopped letting folks ride 7DM prior to park opening altogether. That's just how it worked the day we were there.

That's exactly what happened to us in January. We had to wait, but still got 2 rides in before the rope drop crowd arrived.

We had 8:05 BOG on Thursday, May 26th. We preordered, so even though we were by no means the first in line at the restaurant, we were among the first in the dining room and to be served. We ate with plenty of time and were out by 8:35. We stood in a line that formed at the entrance to the path leading to 7DMT, where a CM was standing and directing people to form a line. We were let in around 8:45-8:50. We proceeded through the FP line. We were on the 1st or 2nd train to run that morning, and then we made it around for a 2nd ride through the FP line before any of the morning crowds had made it back. We did not try for a 3rd ride, but probably could have been among the first in the standby line if we had wanted to. From there we moved to Peter Pan standby where the wait was already 20 minutes at 9:10.

We also had a similar experience with Garden Grill and riding Soarin'. We had an 8:10 reservation. We ate leisurely and met all the characters, and were out by 8:35 or so. Our server asked if riding Soarin' early was our intention, and we settled the bill with him as soon as the food arrived. We were the 3rd family in the Soarin' line. The line was opened just as all the rope drop crowds were making there way into the building. We were on the first flight of the day. I would say it's possible to get one ride in, but no way that 2 could happen without a significant wait. I know that Epcot often opens before 9:00, so I wouldn't count on this, but if you could be seated by 8:10 or so, and be out by 8:35-8:40, I think it might be a good plan, especially with the tiered FP system.

Question: If we have two adults in our party with 8:05 BOG reservations, and only one of us orders a breakfast meal, will we both be allowed in the park early? I would presume we have to show some kind of proof we have an early reservation? (we haven't done this before, so thank you for all the information shared in this thread!)

Question: If we have two adults in our party with 8:05 BOG reservations, and only one of us orders a breakfast meal, will we both be allowed in the park early? I would presume we have to show some kind of proof we have an early reservation? (we haven't done this before, so thank you for all the information shared in this thread!)
No one will care at all. When you check in at the main gate, they'll just be looking to see you have a reservation (and the # of people). Same when you check into the restaurant. Even if you've pre-ordered, they'll still allow the number of people in that the reservation was for, not how many meals you ordered. I've done it probably 20-25 times with 3 people ordering 2 meals or 2 people ordering 1 meal. Won't be a problem!

Just an update. We were at the parks last week, and did the BOG breakfast on Tuesday (June 21) and Saturday (June 25). Both days were 9 am park opens with the 'Early Morning Magic' option. We were able to order 2 kids meals for our family of 4 (DH and I don't eat breakfast) and leave our seats by 8:35. With a quick bathroom break, both days we were the second group in line for Mine Train. The line was held by a CM in Fantasyland costume. On the Tuesday, the CM waited for a manager (person with a Disney badge wearing 'business attire' instead of a costume) to come over and lead us into the line. On Saturday, the CM lead us to the start of the line at front gate rope drop, then waited for the manager to remove the final rope barring our way to let us in.

Both days we were led into the standby line, while early morning magic people were in the FP line. We were definitely ahead of the rope drop crowds from the front gate, but they were arriving as we were boarding the train. Both days we were able to leave the Mine Train and immediately run over to Peter Pan for a 15 minute wait (just long enough to enjoy the queue). After this, we were able to head into Frontierland/Adventureland for some very short waits until about 10:30 am.

Hope this information helps people who are considering the BOG breakfast!

We did it yesterday with much the same experience as the previous poster. We were the 3rd group back in a long line of guests. As soon as the CM heard the welcome announcement from the front of the park, she sent us through the FP line for one ride. After that we went to PP and had a 5 minute wait. We didn't have to start using FPs until about 10:00.

We had 8:00 on 6/14, an EMM morning. We left the restaurant at maybe 8:45, and as soon as we walked up to the back of the line it started moving. We went through the regular line and got one ride in.

We preordered our meals to try to save time. We were the first ones to sit in the ballroom, but there were other tables that got food before us even though they arrived several minutes later. Still got out in time though.

Just an update. We were at the parks last week, and did the BOG breakfast on Tuesday (June 21) and Saturday (June 25). Both days were 9 am park opens with the 'Early Morning Magic' option. We were able to order 2 kids meals for our family of 4 (DH and I don't eat breakfast) and leave our seats by 8:35. With a quick bathroom break, both days we were the second group in line for Mine Train. The line was held by a CM in Fantasyland costume. On the Tuesday, the CM waited for a manager (person with a Disney badge wearing 'business attire' instead of a costume) to come over and lead us into the line. On Saturday, the CM lead us to the start of the line at front gate rope drop, then waited for the manager to remove the final rope barring our way to let us in.

Both days we were led into the standby line, while early morning magic people were in the FP line. We were definitely ahead of the rope drop crowds from the front gate, but they were arriving as we were boarding the train. Both days we were able to leave the Mine Train and immediately run over to Peter Pan for a 15 minute wait (just long enough to enjoy the queue). After this, we were able to head into Frontierland/Adventureland for some very short waits until about 10:30 am.

Hope this information helps people who are considering the BOG breakfast!
Great details!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter