BLT Oversold and we got bumped :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) No we need to keeping posting and add to the legend....

Add me as a legend poster. ;)

Man this is like one of those good TV dramas that just suddenly ends with no resolution because the TV network didn't want to carry the show anymore!

OP has not logged in since March 1 so I doubt we will know the rest of the story.:hyper2:

Denise in MI

Maybe Disney offered a discount on an actuall DVC membership.

Like $5 off the $160 pp price? :thumbsup2

My bet is that they gave them each an AP and a fast pass to the Swiss Family Tree House.

... i've got the rest of my life to check this thread... popcorn::

Not really sure about this info. My husband was a CM when we purchased our first contract in 2005. We got a CM discount then. We never signed any agreement stating this (either renting or selling). My husband has not been a CM since 2005 (note we bought in 1 month before his division closed). I've never rented as we have no problem using our points, but we certainly don't have any type of clause regarding selling our membership. We have added on 6 times since without the CM discount too. Now once we almost did not get a referral bonus. When I went to check on where it was, it was almost denied because they saw our first contract that showed a CM purchased it and are not allowed referral bonuses, but once my guide pointed out that we bought many contracts without a CM discount we had no problem getting it then.

After a certain point - can't remember when - contracts purchased with the CM discount can only be sold back to Disney. We bought our first one in 2002 (BCV) at 25% off, the last was BLT - I think it was only 15% off and cannot be sold except to Disney. Didn't pay attention to the renting aspect as we hardly have enough points for what we like to use...

You may be "bumped" because the room(s) my be taken out of service for maintenance...possibly unanticipated maintenance.

As DVC members we have direct control of our reservations and any information regarding it. When that control falls to someone else, ie. by renting points etc. from friends an/or strangers, things of this nature happen. This is why I seldom rent points, other than from upstanding, long time ( multiple posting) DVC'rs, and prefer to buy transfer points, that way I'm in control of my own reservations.

If I were to guess, the friend probably put off making the reservation too long, or had not enough points for that particular resort, and in the end booked the only thing they could get and then let Disney/DVC take the fall, rather than be truthful!

From the get-go the whole story seemed shady to me. I hope the OP actually got to go on a vacation to WDW, but so many things seemed "off" to me from the fact that they had 2 rooms at different resorts after the "re-book" (never fully addressed by OP) to the dining plan charges to the booking of a "cancelled" reservations, that my guess is they either cancelled or were concocting this whole story to phish for information / ideas on getting upgrades or something to that affect. Just totally weird...

Bottom line is - when you rent DVC points, know and have a relationship with that person. What I don't get is why did the original "member" even buy the points in the first place? The OP stated she'd rented points from them like 5-6 times in the last 7-8 years... I bet the "member" the OP was dealing with was not a member at all but a broker that rents/trades in DVC and had a flat-out screw-up.

So many questions with this thread and for the OP. Sadly, we'll never know...

I’m thinking that Disney wasn’t happy with this message being placed out for the public to see. Maybe the poster of the original message went the way of Jimmy Hoffa.

We may never know the end to this story either….

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter