Beware of Very Cold Lazy River

Here now. Lazy river felt chilly when I dipped my hand in at 7 am but nothing I wouldn’t go into if I got warm by sun. Will test pools and river once sun comes up more.

Also tons of pool chairs available at 8. I would guess MUCH less than half taken/reserved including plenty around pools and with ocean views.

This river sounds too cold…if I am going to sacrifice my body to get into it next week to take temps I need 5 DVC points from everyone who has contributed to this thread. I don’t make the rules…the Mouse does.

Also tons of pool chairs available at 8. I would guess MUCH less than half taken/reserved including plenty around pools and with ocean views.
Not to hijack this thread, but I was surprised by how many chairs were available most days. And this was the week b/t Xmas and new years. Couple days were jammed but most had seats always available

Lazy river is chilly but after going down the raft water slide (a blast) we cruised around a full lap in the river. Feels fine on a float lol. The ocean also slightly chilly going in but feels great once you’re in. Floated and swam around for about 40 minutes.

Lazy river is chilly but after going down the raft water slide (a blast) we cruised around a full lap in the river. Feels fine on a float lol. The ocean also slightly chilly going in but feels great once you’re in. Floated and swam around for about 40 minutes.
Thanks for the live updates today!

Happy to!

Attachments

• 487C2D58-807B-4DF8-BA3D-0ECF5A38B9AF.jpeg
    487C2D58-807B-4DF8-BA3D-0ECF5A38B9AF.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 4DDA7DFD-0EEA-4F75-8478-69229B5454E3.jpeg
    4DDA7DFD-0EEA-4F75-8478-69229B5454E3.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 19
  • B2227D55-387A-41AF-B05E-556A6694C37D.jpeg
    B2227D55-387A-41AF-B05E-556A6694C37D.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 19
At Aulani now. Seriously disappointed with the pool temps. Particularly the lazy river and main pool. Everyone we ask gives a different answer regarding the heating. One says they have never been heated, another says there is an issue with the equipment and our DVC guide says he’ll take it further ;)

At Aulani now. Seriously disappointed with the pool temps. Particularly the lazy river and main pool. Everyone we ask gives a different answer regarding the heating. One says they have never been heated, another says there is an issue with the equipment and our DVC guide says he’ll take it further ;)
Thanks for the update I will be there tomorrow. Did you speak to any form of management?

Here now. One of the life guards heard my sister complaining about the water temperature (it is extremely cold to us) and said more or less that we didn't hear it from him, but there is some type of shortage affecting the filtration that has to do with heating the lazy river and I think the main pool. But the pools by Ulu and the Grotto are on a separate system and still being heated. They are noticeably warmer and more comfortable.

One would THINK that they've come up with a work around to warm the river and main pool; perhaps adding piping to circulate water from the other two pools perhaps?

Here now. One of the life guards heard my sister complaining about the water temperature (it is extremely cold to us) and said more or less that we didn't hear it from him, but there is some type of shortage affecting the filtration that has to do with heating the lazy river and I think the main pool. But the pools by Ulu and the Grotto are on a separate system and still being heated. They are noticeably warmer and more comfortable.

And the plot thickens...

Sounds like a pump is broken.

So I have a theory.. the former adult pool, now open to anyone is very busy and much warmer. I assume they are keeping it that way due to the temps of the other pools. My DVC guide here at Aulani says that he is receiving daily complaints from members who want their adult pool back. Watch it change when the heating is fixed.

Of course not that simplistic; yet it's probably not rocket science level either.

This has been a known issue for quite some time though dating back to Nov and better minds than us guests should have had some sort of cludge methodology to address it somewhat.

should have but as we have learned from this thread there are too many people accepting of mediocrity, and because of this DIS isn’t exactly in a rush to provide the trappings of a luxury resort

We head to Aulani for our first trip since buying into DVC (after touring it when our daughter had a Wish Trip there three years ago). All our family planned to do this trip was relax and be by the pool. We've been watching closely this forum as we love the lazy river and are so discouraged that not only is it not fixed, but Disney is not being upfront about this. We also just got notice from Disney that the Vertical body slide will be unavailable for our trip. Who can we call to give feedback that they need to be transparent?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter