Beware of Very Cold Lazy River

We head to Aulani for our first trip since buying into DVC (after touring it when our daughter had a Wish Trip there three years ago). All our family planned to do this trip was relax and be by the pool. We've been watching closely this forum as we love the lazy river and are so discouraged that not only is it not fixed, but Disney is not being upfront about this. We also just got notice from Disney that the Vertical body slide will be unavailable for our trip. Who can we call to give feedback that they need to be transparent?

You can give feedback by cancelling your trip and telling them exactly why.

should have but as we have learned from this thread there are too many people accepting of mediocrity, and because of this DIS isn’t exactly in a rush to provide the trappings of a luxury resort
I don’t understand why if it is a problem so many people aren’t going straight to the front desk and asking to speak to a manager or lead CM. Asking the CM at the shave ice place isn’t going to go anywhere they could care less. I will be inquiring during check in this evening and telling the management I will posting pool temps…no shame here I like making waves

Last edited:
You can give feedback by cancelling your trip and telling them exactly why.
Yes, that is one way to go about it. Unfortunately for a company like Disney that really wouldn't make a difference. But it would make a difference for my pocket book....cancelling flights from the East Coast and scrambling to use the points that they clearly won't refund me on. If anyone has a helpful suggestion for who to talk to that would be appreciated.

Stephanie Young to the role of President, Disney Vacation Club & Aulani, Adventures & Expeditions, and Disney Institute/National Geographic Live.

DVC Senior VP Bill Diercksen -- Terri Shultz was the prior -- Her crew was VERY responsive to inquiries in the past via email. I don't have their emails but Disney is pretty consistent with their email naming conventions and you can try that route.

Yes, that is one way to go about it. Unfortunately for a company like Disney that really wouldn't make a difference. But it would make a difference for my pocket book....cancelling flights from the East Coast and scrambling to use the points that they clearly won't refund me on. If anyone has a helpful suggestion for who to talk to that would be appreciated.
When you get there and you discover that what has been said is true, email your guide and ask them to fwd to Aulani management... probably won't do anything by itself but as the numbers increase

We head to Aulani for our first trip since buying into DVC (after touring it when our daughter had a Wish Trip there three years ago). All our family planned to do this trip was relax and be by the pool. We've been watching closely this forum as we love the lazy river and are so discouraged that not only is it not fixed, but Disney is not being upfront about this. We also just got notice from Disney that the Vertical body slide will be unavailable for our trip. Who can we call to give feedback that they need to be transparent?
If I was to rate my last trip to Aulani on a 100 point scale it was a good 90. Had the pools been warmer it would of been a 91. I'm not saying you should not make your displeasure known if the pools are still cool but don't stress too much, you will have a blast.

If I was to rate my last trip to Aulani on a 100 point scale it was a good 90. Had the pools been warmer it would have been a 91. I'm not saying you should not make your displeasure known if the pools are still cool but don't stress too much, you will have a blast.
Different people place different value on amenities. The water park features are a huge draw for some, less so for others.

One thing of interest the front desk did tell me. Tube body slide went down starting today for refurbishment until 3 Feb. After that the lazy river will follow suit. I NEVER received any email stating either of these refurbs.

One thing of interest the front desk did tell me. Tube body slide went down starting today for refurbishment until 3 Feb. After that the lazy river will follow suit. I NEVER received any email stating either of these refurbs.
We didn't hear anything from them, but saw it posted on other sources.

"Tubestone Curl tube slide will be unavailable from February 20 to March 10, 2023, and Volcanic Vertical body slide will be unavailable from January 16 – February 3, 2023."

https://www.wdwinfo.com/aulani/two-waterslides-at-aulani-closing-for-refurbishment/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter