Beware of Very Cold Lazy River

77 is quite cold for the lazy river; when we were there in January, that's what it was at when we first arrived and it wasn't great. It got up to around 80 within a couple of days which was great, and where it should be at.

Now that I love! Contrary to what someone posted above, I love Disney themed resorts. The more theming the better. We honeymooned at WDW and have been to the parks countless times. I just like light music at the pool. We’ve stayed at resorts with loud, jamming DJ’s in the past and it gets old after a while.
I didn’t say you did or did not like Disney theming… I’m just going off your previous posts in this and other threads where you said you want an adult only pool, don’t want a lot of kids around, less busy, and don’t want a lot of Disney music playing… that’s not Aulani.

honestly though, why does this 'sound like a dream'? there's literally no luxury resort in the world that would have their pools below 80 degrees.
Because with my frame of reference, 80 is warm for a pool. 77 is the norm for me and what I'd call refreshing, so people saying 80 should be the bare minimum surprises me.

honestly though, why does this 'sound like a dream'? there's literally no luxury resort in the world that would have their pools below 80 degrees.
Disney advertises that their WDW pools are heated to a “perfect” 82 degrees. I’m sure that number was not arrived at by chance and they surveyed and researched what most people enjoy. There are, I’m sure, outliers for warmer or colder. But the fact they can’t seem to warm the Lazy River/ pools etc to that 82 degrees seems emblematic of the broader issues at Aulani.

Because with my frame of reference, 80 is warm for a pool. 77 is the norm for me and what I'd call refreshing, so people saying 80 should be the bare minimum surprises me.

All indoor pools and waterparks like Great Wolf Lodge use 83 degrees for their pools. This is the ideal temperature for the human body to not feel cold when immersed for a long time, especially when there is no sun to warm you.

I'm a bit surprised we're arguing over a 3 degree swing. Is 3 degrees really that noticeable? People are saying 77 is freezing and 80 is warm, it's 3 little degrees.

I'm a bit surprised we're arguing over a 3 degree swing. Is 3 degrees really that noticeable? People are saying 77 is freezing and 80 is warm, it's 3 little degrees.
I was there in Feb, the coldest month of Hawaii’s year, and the temp felt great. Of course, the two level adult hot tub was broken for four days, but at least they fixed it.

As the temp rises in Hawaii over the next several months, this issue will go away.

Okay. Not really sure what you are trying to accomplish. I will never buy a timeshare. It's not a good use of my money.
This is my math. I purchased DVC for around 21,000. In 2 trips to Aulani totaling 30 days, if I would have paid cash, it would have cost me around $22,000. I pay $1000 a year in dues. So my 2 stays at Aulani have "paid" for my DVC. I now have decades to use my points for just my annual dues. I can usually get around 13 nights at SSR in a studio annually for those points. That comes to around $77/night. If I save up 3 years worth of points, I can stay for just over 2 weeks at Aulani and that comes to about $214/night in a garden view studio room. I can sell my contract today for almost exactly what I paid for it. Room prices are never going to get cheaper but my points will stay the same.

I need an update; what's the temperature currently? :rotfl2: We'll be there next Friday and I need to know if it's cold! LOL! For the record I think it needs to be at least 80º. :rolleyes1 April

I need an update; what's the temperature currently? :rotfl2: We'll be there next Friday and I need to know if it's cold! LOL! For the record I think it needs to be at least 80º. :rolleyes1 April

We were there Sunday to Thursday of this week and for most of the week, it was hot and humid in Oahu, including Ko Olina (please note - I'm Canadian, from the mildest area of Canada, but still not from a warm location) and so I would say the pool and lazy river was a great temp. I would GUESS it wasn't always at 83, as one day it was chilly outside and I found the lazy river to be a tad cool when I stepped in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter