Best Souvenire buys...

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
I am hoping to find some great ideas for souvenires on my upcoming trip. I want to look for things that I won't be stuffing in a closet somewhere, or something too childish (I am a single girl, afterall). I was hoping for some good ideas and some good stores. Can anybody tell me what they got, and where? Price is not an issue.
When my sister and I went last, I got the t-shirt and some other things, but she ended up with some great things, for example, a great Winnie the pooh clock that swings Pooh back and forth in a tree ( a collectors item) and some great Christmas tree ornaments (where do I find these?).
Anyways, just some ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jo

If you are interested in Discney art, there is a great store just as you are leaving MK on the right (I think it's the last store). I think it is actually called The Art of Disney. They have everything in there from $8 posters, to limted edition prints, originals, sculptures, etc. A wonderful place to but, or even just look around. We always spend at least 45 minutes in there! (Of course, I can never get DH to buy anyhting! :( )

Try the Christmas store in Downtown Disney - some GREAT stuff there! (and also the shop at the Magic Kingdom)

Have fun!

Just wanted to add the best place for general Disney souvenir shopping will probably be the BIG store in Downtown Disney, sorry drawing a blank as to what it's called it's big, orange and a squarish building right by the lego store.

I didn't see a last time you were in Disney but I think the coolest things out are the monorail sets ;)

Picking up things from Sid's is always neat, they sell movie props/posters/signed autographs from movies/actors/tv shows. Sid's is at MGM right when you enter the park to the left.

There are 4 Art of Disney's, the one that was mentioned, there is one at epcot when you enter the park, take the right path and it is close to the top of the "hill". One at MGM it is where the Art tour used to let out. Final one at Marketplace right by RainForrest. At the stores you can get personalized drawings from artists who work in the store. Pretty much any disney character.

A really unique gift would be to stop by the clock store on Main Street it is about half way down, there is an artist in there too, and he will make a watch and then he will create a bigger portrait of what he just placed into the watch,

The stores in the World Showcase Countries also have some neat things but they don't scream I bought this at Disney!

If you are into Villians then there is a Villians Shop right on Sunset BLVD first store on the left.

I know this is kind of corney but we always buy a Christmas Ornament as a souvenier. That way in December when we are putting up our tree it reminds us of our trip. We have also found great stuff at Epcot in the World showcase. They have a lot of stuff that is subtle Disney. I also agree with the Art of Disney recommendation. We bought Waterford champagne glass with the Mickey head silouette for our wedding toasting glasses there.

One of my favorite souvies is a bit childish. It's the WDW Mr Potato Head. OK, it's actually my son's Tater Head, but my 61yo sister did ask me to get her one when I was there last time. It's a blast to pick out and cute to decorate. And it's under $20.

T&B

My Mickey ears umbrella from our trip in '97 has been mine. And, it's still in pretty good shape. I love the looks I get from any kids nearby when I use it. :)
Kim

Everytime I go to Disney I always bring back something I can use,
so far I've got a sliver photoframe and pen, a disney watch, and some disney slippers which I only wear twice a year, on the anniversary of my 1st trip to disney in 2001 and my birthday (I'm sad I know).

Hey! I am glad someone asked that question. I try to get things I will use, too. But, this one is interesting. A new girl started at my office. She brought her lunch in a cooler that had the outline of Mickey and it said Castmember on it! She said her sister bought it at some store in FL.
Wonder where?
Anyone have any ideas?

Lisa

I treated myself to the Hollywood Tower Hotel Slippers, they come in a cute bag too. Useful and subtle! They also have a great bathrobe too, but that was over budget for me...

I love the little tins of peppermints shaped like the fab 5, they're great for souveniers for friends. I also like the post-it notes: cheap and useful and a nice everyday reminder of my vacation.

They also have some really cute little enamel charms which have a clasp so you can also hang them on a zipper or a bag.

They also had some Birkenstock type sandals with a very subtle mickey logo on them...

jjpenguin

jjpenguin, are the Hollywood Hotel slippers the type with the closed back or the open slide type? I'll have to check those out my next trip. The ToT is by far my favorite ride and I have nothing from the ride so I need to do something about that!

T&B

I picked up a nice Mickey camera strap in MGM for my camera. Makes me smile whenever I take a picture!

They're the open slide type, white waffle cotton, with the HTH crest embroidered on the front. Padded and very comfortable.

JJpenguin

I never understood the idea of pin trading until I went to WDW for the first time. However I don't do the trading. I simple collect pins from event and place I really enjoyed. You can put them on display but I choose to put them in a pin book. It's a neet way to remember you trip. And of corse there is alway christmas ornaments. I load up on those.

MY FORTE! I find I get the best gifts & souvenirs shopping at DTD. I always take a day & go shopping. I walk in & out of all the stores & look through it all. My favorite is the Christmas store. I always buy ornaments for our MICKEY MOUSE Christmas Tree!!:) :) :)

There is a great art gallery with affordable & very high end art. I bought my niece a hand drawn picture of Mickey Mouse. The artist asked what I wanted....while he was drawing....I walked around more. I picked it up & it had my nieces name on it & signed "Love Your Pal, Mickey Mouse (with the date on it) Total cost $35. My sister just loved it & so does my niece :earsgirl:

Another hit...the wine stoppers. There is also a whole area for scrappbooking. I think that this was my most FAVORITE souvenir this past trip. Bought the album, stickers, scissors & put my book together! Anytime my family comes over....they look at the album!

HAPPY SHOPPING!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

DH and I picked up one of these for my parents (who make their own wine). We felt bad, we were so broke and wanted to get them something better and that was all we could afford. Well, you would have thought we'd given them the moon! They loved it, and actually fight over it! These are great. We couldn't believe it! :teeth:

A very inexpensive but unique souvenir is a personalized bookmark from China in the World Showcase at Epcot. You can pick from many bookmarks that have watercolor scenes on the front, and they will write anyone's name on the back in Chinese characters. I think it only costs about $3. Kids love seeing what their name looks like in Chinese.

Originally posted by Molly Meow
DH and I picked up one of these for my parents (who make their own wine). We felt bad, we were so broke and wanted to get them something better and that was all we could afford. Well, you would have thought we'd given them the moon! They loved it, and actually fight over it! These are great. We couldn't believe it! :teeth:

That's funny! This last trip we bought my FIL (him and my MIL were at our house watching our 4 children) a bottle lanyard. He'd been trying to find one since he likes bringing a bottle of water with him places and doesn't have a place to carry it. He was SO excited to have it and put it on right away and carried a bottle of water around our house the rest of the evening. LOL maybe we'd left them with our kids for too long and he was loosing it. :teeth:

T&B

Where do you get the wine stoppers and what do they look like? A friend of mine once had one with Mickey sitting on the cork - I asked where she got it and someone had made it for her. I've been dying to get one but can't find any.

I wear my Disney charm bracelet more often than my daughter. I also love using my souvenir pens - Thet put a little disney magic into an otherwise mon-magical day. I had nine when I got back from my last trip and now I'm down to two!! As far as collectible/artsy item - don't you love the stained glass lamps - I've never seen them in person but I will be looking for one my next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter