Beach Club Villas Refurb Renderings!

I can't understand how they can show pix at the 2014 Member Meeting of the planned refurb of BCV but have it totally drop off the renovation schedule! We all know the resort is in dire need. The carrot was dangled on the stick giving us hope that it could be done by our next trip, but now seems at least another few years off! I feel so left in the dark with the lack of communication on this particular resort.

I am with PlutoFan10 on this one. I just do not know how they can delay this update. Even if the rooms are clean(and our was OK), the furniture, carpets in the rooms and hallways as well as the built in's are in desperate need to replacement. There just has to be something more to this and I just hope it is not just another case of cost cutting until it is absolutely needed(which it was a year ago)....smjj

I may be wrong, but I think that they BCV are delayed so that they can shift VWL people there while they build the bungalows. Bungalows are a moneymaker...priority. Sad.

I can't understand how they can show pix at the 2014 Member Meeting of the planned refurb of BCV but have it totally drop off the renovation schedule! We all know the resort is in dire need. The carrot was dangled on the stick giving us hope that it could be done by our next trip, but now seems at least another few years off! I feel so left in the dark with the lack of communication on this particular resort.

I hope it won't be years before BCV is refurbished! I am hoping that something is done before our August trip.

I may be wrong, but I think that they BCV are delayed so that they can shift VWL people there while they build the bungalows. Bungalows are a moneymaker...priority. Sad.

DVC has never said this. It's speculative message board chatter.

I doubt the full story will ever be clearly made public but the pace of the Boardwalk refurbishment likely plays a role. It is still ongoing, having taken much longer than anticipated. BWV refurb began as far back as May. DVC can only take so many villas out of circulation at any one time.

Never heard that or read it on any of the many boards I am on. I do not think this construction would impact anyone there anyway would it??. Plus they delayed the refrub of BCV's well before any construction started and they could have had a lot of it completed prior to the VWL construction..smjj

I had reservations at VWL starting last weekend and several months ago Member Services began moving reservations from VWL to any available properties because of the construction that was set to begin in late October(Member Services words to me) Many of the reservations were moved to BCV & AKV.

They have plenty of rooms if they want to do refurbs- I think this means that they are planning something to happen at the Beach/Yacht complex soon, possibly right after they get most of the WL work done. Think about it, if they were going to do some new DVC villas at Yacht and Beach, they might want to wait and make sure they are all done to be the same. Once they get WL rooms mostly completed and the Boardwalk is all refurbed, they could take out all of BCV and a wing of Yacht Club to do a big refurb and add on there all at once.

Never got the chance to post here after my vacation at BCV but I have to say I was HIGHLY disappointed. I knew there was supposed to be a refurb and I knew I would get an old room, but DVC really dropped the ball on this.

FYI - I'm upset, this is going to be long.

I can't remember the exact room number but we were on the 4th floor all the way down to the end of the hall. Once your got off the elevator, you turned right and we were the 2nd room from the end before the staircase, facing the quiet pool and canal.
When you walk into the BC, you see this beautiful hotel and this amazing carpet and then you get to BCV and the joy fades.

The elevator panel has cracks in the wall, it smells like oil in the lobby. It was just weird. We get out of the elevator on the 4th floor and the rug is stained and FILTHY. I noticed a flower that was dropped on the rug and for the 5 nights I was there, it did not move (vacuum much?). We walk into our room and the carpet is dingy, there are dents and dings in the furniture and a hole in the bathroom door along with a large chunk of drywall missing in the corner by the sitting table. The balcony was filthy. Dirt and dead bugs along with webs were prevalent.

I'm not the cleanest person in the world and maybe I should've started complaining from the get-go but we were on vacation and we had laundry to do (cruise beforehand) and ADR's to get to so calling the front desk should've been my priority but it wasn't. I get that.

The day after check-in, I get up to shower around 5:30 AM and lo and behold, no hot water. I let it run and turned all of the faucets on just in case. Nada. Call the front desk and I wait about 15 minutes for maintenance. He lets the water run for 5 minutes more and voila, hot water. Apparently, when you have a room all the way at the very end of the hall, you have to let the water run for 15-20 minutes in the morning.

Basically, I paid extra points (I own at AKL and originally had a value studio but it was DS's bday and he wanted to swim at SAB) for use of the pool, which BTW, is fabulous.

If not for SAB and the quick walk into IG at EP, this part of my vacation would've been depressing.

What I've learned, if you're not happy when you get there, don't hold it in, complain and complain some more. I'm so disappointed that I spent those points and was so unhappy with the room but I can't blame anyone but myself because I didn't take the time to open my mouth or go down to the front desk.

When we would take the back way to Epcot we had room envy. The rooms were being refurbed. New everything. I just have to wonder when BCV will get its rehab. It so needs new everything. I have now heard 2016 into 2017. We will stay at BVC again of course but not for a while. May finally try for other DVC resorts next trip.

Do not mean to sound like a pessimist but the villas really need help.

Me too!!! Every time I walked by and looked in the windows, I was so upset at how pretty the new rooms were and how horrid my room was.!!!

I have 10 days booked in June. We own BCV and we're hoping for a rehab, which hasn't started yet:( My 7 month is coming up in a few days. SAB is not a huge draw for us. The location is huge for us. Should I switch to BWV if possible ?
Thanks!

The elevator panel has cracks in the wall, it smells like oil in the lobby. It was just weird. We get out of the elevator on the 4th floor and the rug is stained and FILTHY. I noticed a flower that was dropped on the rug and for the 5 nights I was there, it did not move (vacuum much?). We walk into our room and the carpet is dingy, there are dents and dings in the furniture and a hole in the bathroom door along with a large chunk of drywall missing in the corner by the sitting table. The balcony was filthy. Dirt and dead bugs along with webs were prevalent.

Wow, that flower on the floor for 5 days would have totally p****d me off. I mean, delayed maintenance is one thing, but that one shows that no one even cares. Gotta admit about the carpeting-I was there 2 weeks ago, and both in the hall and in my villa the carpeting looked filthy.

I have 10 days booked in June. We own BCV and we're hoping for a rehab, which hasn't started yet:( My 7 month is coming up in a few days. SAB is not a huge draw for us. The location is huge for us. Should I switch to BWV if possible ?
Thanks!
IS BWV finished with their refurb? If so, I'd stay there.

Ugh! We check into BCV in 15 days. I made this reservation exactly at 11 months expecting to have a freshly refurbished room. :sad2:
Our room last year was clean and in decent repair but the hall carpet was disgusting.

Since we will be making this trip next year I anticipate that I will book BCV again next month but if there in no movement on the refurb I will be switching to BWV at 7 months. This is getting ridiculous.....

Calling down only gets the call center. I would contact DVC member satisfaction and when at the resort talk to the on duty manager.

BCV home resort members definitely need ask what was it delayed. Photos always help too.

Good to see our dues at work! The best is waiting until 4 PM to get into a dirty room!

We own at BCV and OKW. I don't think any other resorts have fallen into disrepair like these have. I know BWV are older, but haven't they been refurbished in the interim? Or is the latest one their first as well?

IS BWV finished with their refurb? If so, I'd stay there.

According to member services and the website, all garden/pool view villas have been refurbished. Supposedly, the boardwalk and standard view villas are being completed.

According to member services and the website, all garden/pool view villas have been refurbished. Supposedly, the boardwalk and standard view villas are being completed.
We were in a 2-BR pool view, rooms 1040 and 1042, from 12/13-12/21 (great view of the clown slide). Our rooms had not been refurbished. If the new rug/painted doors are a true indicator of what's been redone, then they still had at least half of the rooms to do when we left.

We own at BCV and OKW. I don't think any other resorts have fallen into disrepair like these have. I know BWV are older, but haven't they been refurbished in the interim? Or is the latest one their first as well?

OKW was the first to receive a refurb which DVC referred to as 90% although I think that could be debated as being that big but it was the most extensive to date at that time. That was 2010 I think? BWV received a fairly large refurb with some furniture replacement and kitchen appliance replacement in 2009 so I was a bit surprised that it was first up in the new refurb cycle that DVC is getting in to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter