Beach Club Villas Refurb Renderings!

I'm sorry I didn't clarify about the location of the rooms!! I just figured I post that we thought the decor was pretty...

I'm sorry I didn't clarify about the location of the rooms!! I just figured I post that we thought the decor was pretty...

I know some people had gotten confused before and thought it was the villas being worked on so just wanted to point it out again. :goodvibes

Location is KEY on this thread we are all stalking when the BCV Villas get a refurb...or at least a START DATE!!!!!:)

I know some people had gotten confused before and thought it was the villas being worked on so just wanted to point it out again. :goodvibes
Glad you did clarify. I saw the original post and got SOOO excited thinking FINALLY!!!!

Here now and can confirm zippo taking place with regard to BCV refurb. So disappointing especially after seeing new BC hotel rooms then coming back to my dinged up villa. No one I spoke to has any idea when refurb will start. Why won't MS tell us?!

Here now and can confirm zippo taking place with regard to BCV refurb. So disappointing especially after seeing new BC hotel rooms then coming back to my dinged up villa. No one I spoke to has any idea when refurb will start. Why won't MS tell us?!
Torn for summer 2016 to stay doc bcv old decor or Boardwalk villa new decor. What would you do?

Torn for summer 2016 to stay doc bcv old decor or Boardwalk villa new decor. What would you do?
I would go with BWV. BCV can no longer be trusted to keep their schedule. This is the second time it's been pushed back and who knows what Disney will put in front of it next with all of the major construction projects they just announced at D23. It's a shame that Disney has treated my favorite DVC resort like a unwanted stepchild.

If available, I would book BWV. When the option is available, I book newer and refurbished villas before older and worn villas. The strategy is not perfect, but it works for us.

Although I am neither an owner nor frequent guest of BCV, I find the lack of transparency disappointing. Dues paying owners, in my opinion, have the right to know the refurbishment timeline and be informed of delays.

I usually book BCV at 11 months but will probably switch to BWV at 7 if I can. Just annoyed at this point that we are not given any info.

I would go with BWV. BCV can no longer be trusted to keep their schedule. This is the second time it's been pushed back and who knows what Disney will put in front of it next with all of the major construction projects they just announced at D23. It's a shame that Disney has treated my favorite DVC resort like a unwanted stepchild.

THanks that is what I
have been thinking . Giving up SAB is rough..We normally stay Yacht Club Club Level but in an attempt to maintain a budget for extended family we opted to attempt BCV for best of both worlds...But I am so picky about décor etc Just so disappointing after hearing for years about this refurb.

I originally was booked at BWV for this coming October...Was reading posts on progress and was told by MS that refurbs would be "almost" be done simultaneously, that BCV would be started about a month or two after BWV. SO I put myself on a waitlist due to the fact that I like both resorts and both resorts would be renovated, but the "tipping" factor was that we love SAB. I was excited that I originally thought due to the information provided by MS, that by mid October, there would be good likelihood of receiving a newly renovated room at BCV, so put us on a waitlist. Low and behold when many rooms became available for October at BCV(probably due to the fact that these rooms were originally taken out of inventory for original renov dates) waitlist was MATCHED. I am doing a split stay so I am "okay" with it due to the fact that it is a split with Poly and I love SAB.:beach: Must admit DISAPPOINTED with the lack of renovation timeline and the reluctance of MS to give any information! :confused3:sad2:GOOD LUCK in your decision. :goodvibes

March 2015

jrxxzd.jpg
Thanks for sharing pictures. We are scheduled to stay at BCV September 5. Hoping we get a newly refurbished. I spoke with Member Services and they said that all the remaining remodeling has been put on hold until further notice, she was not sure why and did not know how many had actually been completed.

I originally was booked at BWV for this coming October...Was reading posts on progress and was told by MS that refurbs would be "almost" be done simultaneously, that BCV would be started about a month or two after BWV. SO I put myself on a waitlist due to the fact that I like both resorts and both resorts would be renovated, but the "tipping" factor was that we love SAB. I was excited that I originally thought due to the information provided by MS, that by mid October, there would be good likelihood of receiving a newly renovated room at BCV, so put us on a waitlist. Low and behold when many rooms became available for October at BCV(probably due to the fact that these rooms were originally taken out of inventory for original renov dates) waitlist was MATCHED. I am doing a split stay so I am "okay" with it due to the fact that it is a split with Poly and I love SAB.:beach: Must admit DISAPPOINTED with the lack of renovation timeline and the reluctance of MS to give any information! :confused3:sad2:GOOD LUCK in your decision. :goodvibes

We have enjoyed SAB For the last 7 summers but last summer my DD16 didn't really use it that much. Getting older maybe? She's my only so not sure if teens outgrow swimming? So part of me wants to use SAB AGAIN next summer (I am nostalgic that way!) and she will have cousins with her this year who have never even BEEN to Disney let alone SAB...so part of me wants that for them (they are teens as well) but the other part of me isn't sure I can handle a disappointing room. And at this point may not even be able to GET BWV at the 7 month mark. However as you pointed out, split stay is an option maybe can work the points for a night or two at BC to enjoy the pool then move over to BWV if space is available..THanks for the insight!

What makes me think that there's no start date scheduled is the realization that, although we have reservations at BCV in January, we haven't gotten any letter about the "magic-making" noise. When they expected to do the renos this year, we got a letter way back in March for our October visit, 7 months out. January is just 5 months by comparison.

NO letter here for our October stay. :confused3 WOULD be nice hearing something definitive about a "projected" start date. ::yes::

Thanks for sharing pictures. We are scheduled to stay at BCV September 5. Hoping we get a newly refurbished. I spoke with Member Services and they said that all the remaining remodeling has been put on hold until further notice, she was not sure why and did not know how many had actually been completed.

Other than the couple of test rooms nothing has been remodeled at BCV. "Remaining remodeling put on hold" means all of it.

We are at BCV mid December. Since it appears there will be no renovations started/finished at BCV by then we are just going to hope for the best and focus on our visits to the parks, fantastic meals, and time spent together in our favorite place. I have toyed with a waitlist at BWV, but just decided not to worry about it. We will be together and have a fantastic time. If we have any issues with our room we will worry about that then. Thanks everyone for being so great to keep us updated!! Love the DISBOARDS!!

Spoke to cm who works concierge desk in villas today. Told me reno pushed back to 2016 and doesn't know why. Same story we've heard before.

Can anyone please tell me if a Dedicated studio is better or quieter than the lock off studios? Planning a trip to the BCV soon but have always stayed at the resort and not the villas. The resort walls are like paper and your neighbors are practically in your room noise wise. Looking for the quietest type of studio and location to request at BCV. Thank you for any help you can provide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter