Atlantic Canadians Rock!

dandee,
I wish I could! I will be able to after we come back! We are going July 6. I have booked the 50s building, section c an upper floor room with Illuminations view. The day we booked with the travel agent she called and rattled off our request to Disney. The guy on the other end said it sounded like we'd done this before!

Pooksma,
I'd be interested in hearing how the 50s works out for you. I've been so concerned with the inside of the resort, I never even thought about the view!!! I am planning to book our resort in June or July for January. I figure that should be more than enough time, right? :confused3

Some of the rooms in the 50s section have a great view of the fireworks at Epcot. My son and I walked down to the Generation Gap bridge one night and you could see the fireworks clearly--many people in the rooms facing that direction were watching. Depending on when you are going, I would book the room as soon as possible. You can always cancel or apply discounts as the time gets closer but Pop is usually quite busy, so I would definitely book early.

Roxwithears--the March break crowds were heavy but not unmanageable. Last year was our first trip on March break and it was busy but this year was a bit worse because March break and Easter were so close. Lots of people like us stayed for two weeks because of the timing. If it had been our first trip, I may have been more overwhelmed by the crowds but we had our plan each day and went early, used fastpasses, and left each afternoon for a swim break and we didn't even notice the crowds. Most mornings we walked on our favorite attractions with no wait at all! By lunch time, it was getting busy. The evenings were busy as well but the extra magic hours were great. Magic Kingdom was open until 3 a.m. one night! Of course, I couldn't stay up that late ;) but I made it to midnight a few nights. Other than summer (too hot!) it is the only time I can go so we make the best of it! :flower:

Has anyone on here stayed in the 80's. I'm wondering what would be a good building and section. What's the weather like down there in January? And the crowds? :banana:

Since we're in Orlando for almost a month, we are thinking about staying off site as well. I have been considering Howard Johnson's in Kissimee, the Maingate East location. Has anyone stayed at this location or heard anything about it?

dandeeoo,

welcome! I lurked on these boards for months while planning our trip in March, and I found out how to get discounts, theme park strategies, and tons of other usefull stuff....

If you are planning on doing WDW for 10 days, you could look into the cost of an annual pass, because you can then get AP rates for rooms...I saved us 100$/night on a deluxe hotel. Before the Dis we were staying at the Holiday Inn, but after reading about how awesome it is onsite, and having stayed onsite previously, we decided a WDW vacation istn't the same offsite.

We used to live in the US, and have driven the I-95 many times. THere are lots of nice places to stop along the way. I have gotten as far as Conneticut the first day. This puts you right before NYC. You can bypass NYC with the NEw Jersey Turnpike, taking the Tappen Zee Bridge, or you can drive right thru! We have done both. Only go straight thru if it is no where near rush hour!

Wash DC is about half way, and all the museums at the Smithsonian (a bunch of buildings...not just one!), are free!!!

THe carolina's are allways a nice place to stop too!

Hope you have lots of fun planning, I found that to be the most fun.

Now that we are back, I am allready planning next year!!!

PS...another Freddy Beach resident here!(yesterday we were the same temp as Orlando!!)

Wow! So glad to have found this page!

I've lived in Boston, Los Angeles, and Ontario-- but I grew up in Halifax, NS and have been back here for 4 months... settling back into the good ol' Maritime life! I love Halifax summers- bar patios, sociables, cover bands that all play Barrett's Privateers. *sigh*

I just started planning for my end of May trip with my bestfriend (he's from Yarmouth), and we're both so excited!

Anyway, love this thread. Hope to chat with you all some more!

-danie

Nothing better than a warm Maritime evening and some good Maritime coolies

:cool1: :sunny: Hope everyone is enjoying the great weather today! :goodvibes

:cold: Can you believe the snow we got in the Annapolis Valley today?Drove from New Minas-Aylesford this am,and wasn't impressed.Luckily,it didn't last too long,and the couple of inches was gone by mid day!But come on,April will soon be over...........Groan,wish I was in FL today! pirate: :umbrella:

We had lots of snow in Cape Breton as well! The roads this morning on the way to work were some of the worst this winter--ohhh, a month ago I was enjoying the sunny days by the Pop Century pool. I can't believe I have only been home a few weeks and I am anxious to start planning another trip. It seems like a looong time ago--it must be the snow! :sad2:

There is no snow here in Fredericton!!!! We have had farily warm sunny days all week... :sunny: , only one day was it a bit cloudy. We are very lucky, I feel for you that received the snow. While you are all dreaming about your trip to the sunny south, I will be going in 2 weeks from today. Can hardly wait, I haven't been to WDW in quite a few years. I am getting quite excited. :banana:

Wow! It was great to find so many fellow Maritimers in here.

We are going to WDW June 20th to July 6th (June 20 -25 POFQ, June 25-27 AKL, June 27-July 6, Homewood Suites, International Drive).

In our party is me (35/f/s), my 11 year old son and my Mum.

Anyone want to meet up, just let me know.

We are very excited - my son and my Mum have never been there before!

My whole family lives in...Nauwigewauk!!
(I'm a Cape Bretoner by marriage;)LOL!)

We'll be coming home sometime in the next little bit - before you leave for WDW, definitely, so if you'd like to have a SJDisMeet, I know a few more WDWfans that would like to share some stories and pictures:)

Let me know:)

:sunny:

We are staying on-site at WDW for a week, but will be in Orlando for a month. Does anyone have any suggestions for a hotel off-site? :confused3 I am so confused on which one will be the best, but not cost a fortune.

pooksma said:
Hey Sandra,

Yes I am in Fredericton!
It is so interesting for me to go into the Canadian posts. I am originally from Grand Falls, NB, went to school in Fredericton and now live in Upstate New York. We love Disney and try to go as often as we can.

Welcome Home Ann!

I too used to live in the US, and any reminder of home was allways nice...I used to get Canadian LIving and MaCleans.....

You are from Grand Falls? I had a roommate at UNB from GF. Josee Cyr. We were both in Engineering from 87-92, wow....that is a long time ago!

It is raining here again!!!!!

How depressing.....last weekend was soooo warm and sunny! I even got a burn!

I agree pooksma, this is going to be a long week.........

:umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella: and kids raincoats are where??

Yep, you guessed it...in the luggage!!:teeth:

Hi Ann! and like Sandra said, Welcome Home;) Drop by anytime:)

:sunny:

pooksma said:
Hey all :Pinkbounc

Just whining about the rain. Could be a LONG week. :umbrella: :umbrella:

I agree pooksma,it could be a very long week here in Freddy!!! It just makes me want my trip to come that much more quickly. Hopefully it won't be rainy all week... :umbrella:

Mbb I can't believe that you still don't have your luggage.
It must be so frustrating when you go to get something(like raincoats) and realize that it's in the lost luggage.
Wouldn't it be great to get a call and hear that it has been found and will be delivered to your door. I'm hoping you'll get that call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter