Atlantic Canadians Rock!

Thanks Abba98. I love the valley - it just so relaxing. I let you know how it went. I can't believe we go tomorrow - so much to do . . . and here I am on the DIS! :rotfl:

East Coaster said:
Hi!
We're from Moncton, ready to go NOW,however we (DH, me, DS15 and D12)have to wait until April 27th.

Well met neighbour. We're in Dieppe. Heading to CBR for the 9th of April. I'm so excited I'm whistling Disney toons at work!

1st time for my son (7yrs) and wife
I went back when I was like 3 yrs old so it's like the first time for me as well.

Bluenoser said:
Thanks Abba98. I love the valley - it just so relaxing. I let you know how it went. I can't believe we go tomorrow - so much to do . . . and here I am on the DIS! :rotfl:

Well if you happen to check this out before your flight or read it while there, we're staying at CBR as well towards the end of your trip. Might just happen to bump into each other. (I'll be the guy carrying the camera in one arm and a tired son in the other...of course that probably narrows it down to a few thousand other resort members... :) )

Welcome to the Disboards! To bad you weren't here a few weeks ago we all met at the Garden Breeze in Dieppe to chat about past visits, future visits and many tips for first timers like myself. These boards are FULL of useful information for a visit to Disney.

I'm like you, so excited I can't stand it much longer! Just came back from taking the dog for a trial run at the kennel and let me tell you I was dreaming that we were leaving today!

Hi NBDad,

We are in Dieppe also, we are driving ( yes driving yuck!) in August, too bad you missed the DISmeet we had a few weekends ago, it was great!

Hope you have a great trip and we look forward to hearing all about it!

:cool1:

Langin,

We drove to Florida 8 years ago. It was a business trip, but chose to drive so I could bring my wife. Unfortuantely we were just back from our honeymoon (2 weeks before) so had no money to spend going to Disney. Wife just stayed on the beach for two weeks and I joined her at night.

The roads are pretty good all the way down. Enjoy

Twenty four hours from now we will be on our way at last. I can hardly believe it. Booked out flights in June. Sorry I missed the Dis meet, maybe the next time. Hope we hve lots of good weather. Will write when I return.

:cloud9: Just wanted to wish you a fabulous trip,and can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!
Kirsten in the Annapolis Valley! :teacher: :hourglass

Have a great trip dennise! I remember reading that you had purchased airline tickets just after me--my trip is now over and it's your turn!! I wish I was going back now, although we did have a great time so I shouldn't complain. Have fun and can't wait to hear all about it! :flower:

Huby and I have our first trip planned for January 2006. I am sooooo excited. One month in Orlando and at least 10 days in WDW. :Pinkbounc
So if there's anyone from the Atlantics going to be down there in Jan/06, I think it would be great if we could meet up. And, of course, I have loads of questions I'll probably be posting in the near future.

:Pinkbounc Hi,glad you've joined us.Our next trip to FL will be in November,can't wait..... :cheer2:
Will be glad to help you with any questions you have.
Have fun planning your trip!
Kirsten in the Annapolis Valley of NS :cloud9: :hourglass :wave2:

Welcome Dandee00!! :wave2: You will learn anything you need to know on these boards--there are lots of very knowledgeable travellers here! I just got back but I soon hope to be planning another trip for next year.

The problem is timing. My DS is graduating from high school this year and as a university student, he will have a different spring break from my the rest of us. Of course, we could always go without him, but he wasn't very happy at that option! :sad2: We could possibly go before Christmas or wait until early May. I'm not sure if I can wait that long! :flower:

:goodvibes I am happy to have found this site. DH and I are driving to Orlando in January. If anyone can give advice or offer some suggestions on where to stay, good food, or the best roads to take, I'd really appreciate it. I've logged many hours on the net surfing, and have purchased a few books. But this site has been the best for information. :)

from one Frederictonian to another! Anything you need to know you can definitely find here! ;)

:wave: So, here's my first question. DH and I have decided to stay at Pop Century for a week in Jan/06. Pooksma, can you recommend a building or a room? Quiet would be nice, and no need to be close to the Hall. What about you SplashMom, any recommendations for Pop Century?

Thanks

You will love Pop Century! We stayed there twice and I thought it was so fun! Last year, we were in the Fifties building #1 and it was great. It was quiet, close to the pool and Classic Hall. This year we had a preferred room in the 60s, with a pool view of the Hippy Dippy Pool. The kids wanted close to the pool and Classic Hall but I was concerned about noise since we were on the ground floor. We had no problems at all. The rooms are very noiseproof, although I have read lots of comments that say the opposite. We were directly in front of the pool during March break (full resort) and we could hear nothing until we opened our door! As soon as we shut the door, it was as if we were on the other side of the resort, away from everything. We never heard anything.

The food court is great, although we didn't eat there too often. The tye dyed cheesecake and carrot cake were excellent! They also had great chicken caesar and decent pizza. The mugs are a must! The busses were great as well--we never waited more than 7-8 minutes for a bus and we rarely had to stand this year. Last year, the busses were just as quick but we found we had to stand more often. Still, it is quite close to most things so you aren't on the bus that long.

I'll be happy to answer any other questions, but I'm sure you will love it! :flower:

Sounds like a "groovy" place. We are considering one of the 80's buildings, as it would be a walk down memory lane for the DH and I. I don't think we will be spending much time in the room. So we don't need anything fancy.
The refillable resort mugs look like they are a real bargain...expecially for BIG coffee drinkers. Hard to imagine life without a Tim's.
Is it a good idea to book the room as early as possible? I read somewhere the cancellation policy is at least 5 days in advance.
Do you know, if there is any room discounts for belonging to CAA?
I have alot of questions, don't I? :)

Splashmom: I see you went down on March Break. How do you find the crowds? I am also a fellow Nova Scotian and never considered March break because I thought it would be too busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter