Are you an alcohol snob?

By that I mean, do you have a favorite brand of alcohol that no other brand can substitute? Do you bring your favorite along with you to make sure you’ll have it?

i was in the Dominican Republic and a guy at the bar was really angry that he couldn’t get his Miller Lite at the all inclusive resort. They had their local beer (since Miller is an import…). So that made me wonder how many people are big brand loyalists.
No, but I'm a Pop snob. ONLY Diet Coke for me, LOL.

Then again my sister-in-law's ex husband used to down 30 packs of natty lite all the time but just to get drunk not for the taste.
Some guys are more about the quantity they can drink vs the quality. They like to brag "I drank a 18 pack of Coors light last night."

No, but I'm a Pop snob. ONLY Diet Coke for me, LOL.
So if a place only has Pepsi you will not one?

Well I don't get having an uppitnes about it but I do think some people don't branch out because it's what they know or what's just around them. I was like that when I was really young. Wasn't until I started up with my husband's coworkers that we all started branching out. Bud light was in the fridge growing up so it's the only kind I really thought about and I think enough people are like that where it's just what they know.

Then again my sister-in-law's ex husband used to down 30 packs of natty lite all the time but just to get drunk not for the taste.

I can appreciate that other people have different tastes. To act as if others are unsophisticated or even ignorant for preferring one over the other just seems rather childish. If you read that blog post I linked earlier, I'd rather be the beer lover than the beer snob. My mantra with regards to beer is "Don't be a ******".

I do understand a distaste for bad alcoholic beverages. There's stuff that's cheap, poorly made, and has all sorts of off flavors to it that many buyers will tolerate because it's a cheap means of obtaining alcohol for getting wasted. Gallo had a lot of economic success making cheap fortified wine that was sold to alcoholics.

Neighbor is a snob. Every alcohol but what she favors "gives me a headache". So, invites to our house always specify BYOB. Myself, I really don't like American lite beers.

Agro over Miller Lite? 🤣

Liquor snob? Never thought of it. I like what I like. Which happens to be a premium champagne. I don’t drink beer. Love wine. And I have my favorite vineyards.

My husband has an amazing bourbon collection and that is always fun to have friends over and to do taste tasting with them.

Nope, won't drink Pepsi - Ick!
I'm old enough to have seen actual Pepsi vs Coke blind comparisons live, in person. And life long Coke drinkers were riding at about 70% expressing that they liked the Pepsi sample more than the Coke. After being told that they were liking Pepsi better all proclaimed (and this may sound familiar) that it was rigged. I can assure everyone that it was not.

When I was younger, there was almost never a time that I didn't have a Pepsi with me. I drank Coke and lots of it when I was really young (that's what my Father drank), but some time around 7th grade I discovered Pepsi and never wavered from it. Until I got older and now the only soft drink I have occasionally is Diet Dr. Pepper.

Have always liked the taste of Coke over Pepsi. Most places now only serve one brand so if they have Pepsi products I will drink something like orange or lemon/lime instead. I always laugh at the Coke/Pepsi ads. No matter how much money they spend on clever advertising/marketing I still don't like the taste of Pepsi. Their marketing people still seem to think if they spend enough $$$ on ads, I will suddenly like the taste of Pepsi...........ummmm no I won't...........LOL.

I'm old enough to have seen actual Pepsi vs Coke blind comparisons live, in person. And life long Coke drinkers were riding at about 70% expressing that they liked the Pepsi sample more than the Coke. After being told that they were liking Pepsi better all proclaimed (and this may sound familiar) that it was rigged. I can assure everyone that it was not.

When I was younger, there was almost never a time that I didn't have a Pepsi with me. I drank Coke and lots of it when I was really young (that's what my Father drank), but some time around 7th grade I discovered Pepsi and never wavered from it. Until I got older and now the only soft drink I have occasionally is Diet Dr. Pepper.

The strange thing is that almost anyone can tell the difference easily. The flavor profile is immediately recognizable whether there's HFCS or sucrose.

Coke, Pepsi, Royal Crown Cola

The strange thing is that almost anyone can tell the difference easily. The flavor profile is immediately recognizable whether there's HFCS or sucrose.

Coke, Pepsi, Royal Crown Cola
That is not at all what the blind test showed. If someone is looking at the vessel they came in then the brain will anticipate the flavor. If they don't know where it came from a large percentage guessed wrong. That was a fact. But, like I said when you see what you are drinking and you know it's taste you will easily tell the difference. The question at those trial runs was it Coke or Pepsi and people from both sides were picking the wrong one quite often. Visual and smell weighs in as a very important part of taste.

By that I mean, do you have a favorite brand of alcohol that no other brand can substitute? Do you bring your favorite along with you to make sure you’ll have it?

i was in the Dominican Republic and a guy at the bar was really angry that he couldn’t get his Miller Lite at the all inclusive resort. They had their local beer (since Miller is an import…). So that made me wonder how many people are big brand loyalists.
Is snob the right word for someone who will accept no substitute for Miller Lite?😂🤣

As for me, not really a brand snob and don’t take anything with me. I’m more snobby about how drinks are made. Don’t serve a margarita made with premixed high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavoring.

As for me, not really a brand snob and don’t take anything with me. I’m more snobby about how drinks are made. Don’t serve a margarita made with premixed high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavoring.
Oh yeah, there I am snobby. No sour mix. No Sprite.

I mean, not to the point where I bring my own or get irate with a bartender, no. If I'm drinking beer on vacation, I'd prefer something local. If I'm drinking liquor, I have preferred brands, but it's not a showstopper or anything. I do want my cocktails crafted, not junk fillers. That better be real lime juice in that margarita.

Best comment was a PP who stated a man getting upset about not getting Miller Light I wouldnt call a snob. lol.. if I snob about anything I would say coffee.... got get a good brand, dark roast, espresso style...

Oh yeah, there I am snobby. No sour mix. No Sprite.
And no fruit juice of any kind except lime in a Mai Tai!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter