Are you an alcohol snob?

And no fruit juice of any kind except lime in a Mai Tai!
I do fruit juice, but it has to be good fruit juice (like, actually containing the fruit it says it is not just passionfruit flavored apple juice). Grapefruit juice in a Paloma, pineapple/passion/orange/guava/mango in a rum punch or a mimosa.

And no fruit juice of any kind except lime in a Mai Tai!
Okay maybe I am a snob because if I'm making drinks at home, I only use a freshly squeezed lime. No lime juice from a bottle.

Never heard of other types of juice in a Mai Tai.

Okay maybe I am a snob because if I'm making drinks at home, I only use a freshly squeezed lime. No lime juice from a bottle.

Ohh, was it just referring to Mai Tais specifically? Then yes, no other juice but lime. I just made a pitcher of hippopotomai-tais on Sunday.

Ohh, was it just referring to Mai Tais specifically? Then yes, no other juice but lime. I just made a pitcher of hippopotomai-tais on Sunday.
Maybe it was just me misinterpreting the post lol

I usually don't put juice in drinks I make at home anyway. I don't like super sweet drinks. I even use slightly less agave in my margaritas.

There are plenty of places that use pineapple, orange, even POG, in a Mai Tai. A proper Mai Tai actually isn't sweet. There's sweetness in it from the almond syrup and some from the Orange Curacao, but if you're tasting a lot of sweet, it's too much.

Maybe it was just me misinterpreting the post lol
No, it was totally me! I read it as they never used any juice of any kind at all in anything except for putting lime in mai tais. What was meant was no juice except lime in mai tais specifically. I do agree with that one.

Cointreau is the only liquor I'm picky about. I think it's way better than other orange liquors in cocktails, especially margaritas.

I prefer scotch to bourbon, but not a specific brand.

Some guys are more about the quantity they can drink vs the quality. They like to brag "I drank a 18 pack of Coors light last night."

So if a place only has Pepsi you will not one?
That's very true, something about being able to down that much is supposed to appeal to others I guess??

But in this case it was just a country boy this is just what you do kind of thing. Nothing about him was the bragging type in fact he was one of the most humble guys I've known and really one of the most simple too. I think it was just the atmosphere of rural life and it was what was around him. Weekends (and eventually week nights) nights were filled with drinking copious amounts of natty lite in a barn kind of lifestyle so not about enjoying the beer taste but rather just drinking away on cheap (and IMO awful tasting) beer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter