Are You 23?

D23 Day at the Walt Disney Studios and Archives: June 27, 2009 and August 15, 2009
05.14.09 - D23 Members will have the rare opportunity to enjoy a 2-hour tour of The Walt Disney Studios and Walt Disney Archives, hosted by D23 and Archives staff. Only two dates are available for the Summer 2009 Calendar, and space is limited.

Dates: Saturday, June 27, 2009 and Saturday, August 15, 2009
Time: TBA
Tickets Available: June, TBD
Cost: FREE!

Ticket reservation information will be available soon. Please check back here for updates.

* Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest. Members may only participate in one of the two tours this summer. There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to give their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID and their D23 membership card. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card, may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice.

D23 presents DISNEYLAND, U.S.A.: July 17, 2009
05.14.09 - Join D23 as we wish Disneyland a happy anniversary with a very special screening backstage at Disneyland of Walt Disney's recently restored 1956 "People and Places" featurette Disneyland, U.S.A., along with a panel discussion including Imagineer Tony Baxter, Disney Legend and Chief Archivist Dave Smith and Disney Studios Film Archivist Ed Hobelman. Then enjoy a reception with your fellow D23 members!*

Date: Friday, July 17, 2009
Location: Team Disney Anaheim Theater, Disneyland, Anaheim, California
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Tickets Available: June, TBD

Ticket reservation information will be available soon. Please check back here for updates.

* Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest. There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to give their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID and their D23 membership card. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card, may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice.

Walt Disney Family Museum Preview: September, 2009
05.14.09 - D23 members will have the opportunity to experience The Walt Disney Family Museum prior to its October 2009 Grand Opening. The Walt Disney Family Museum celebrates the life and achievements of the man who raised animation to art, transformed the film industry, tirelessly pursued innovation and created a global and distinctly American legacy. This special preview will be hosted by the Museum's Executive Director, Richard Benefield.

Date: September, TBA
Location: The Walt Disney Family Museum, The Presidio of San Francisco, California
Tickets Available: TBD

* Available only to D23 Members in good standing. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest. There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to give their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID and their D23 membership card. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card, may not be admitted to the event. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice.

D23 and The Lion King Roar in Vegas: Saturday, June 27, 2009
05.14.09 - Simba and Nala have entertained more than 45 million guests across the world. Now, thanks to our friends at Disney Theatrical Productions, D23 members can have a magical night to remember at The Lion King at Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas with a special "behind-the-scenes" experience after the show!*

Date: Saturday, June 27, 2009
Location: Mandalay Bay Theatre, Mandalay Bay Resort, 3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Time: 8 p.m.
Tickets Available: May, TBD (check here for updates)
Cost: $113.50

Your ticket includes:
• Premium seating location
• Special "behind-the-scenes" experience following the show
• Complimentary admission to the Founder's Room at the House of Blues inside Mandalay Bay

TICKET INFORMATION

* Available only to D23 Members in good standing. There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to give their membership number when purchasing tickets. Tickets may be picked up at Will Call at the theater on the day of performance only with a valid photo ID and their D23 membership card. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card, may not be admitted to theater.

This would almost be worth the trip to Vegas for...sounds like a fun night.

Hi everyone. Just got my card and found this thread. Does anyone know since the Expo is in CA for the next several years (TOTAL bummer!) if there is an exclusive D23 store in WDW area?? I would love to be able to get things exclusive to the membership. thanks! :goodvibes

I got the Jiminy Cricket D23 pin and its alot larger than I thought it would be. Still, very nice looking pin. I'm glad they made more of these to shut down the whole ebay crowd, those prices were over the top ridiculous.

Has anyone else recieved any of the pins? The next one is going to be Gus sleeping in a slipper. :goodvibes

This would almost be worth the trip to Vegas for...sounds like a fun night.

And I'll be in Vegas about 2 weeks later! :rolleyes: How's that for planning?! :lmao:

I just joined last week after hemming and hawing for a couple of months. I finally just did it!

Hopefully, I'll get some D23 mail soon. They have a NYC Broadway Mary P night which I definitely want to go to.

I got the Jiminy Cricket D23 pin and its alot larger than I thought it would be. Still, very nice looking pin. I'm glad they made more of these to shut down the whole ebay crowd, those prices were over the top ridiculous.

Has anyone else recieved any of the pins? The next one is going to be Gus sleeping in a slipper. :goodvibes

I got the Mad Hatter one, still waiting for the other two. You're right, it's bigger than the average pin, but still very nice. Also, for everyone, the next pin (Gus) is being released on June 5th, so be ready!

Just got an email from D23 to let my know my first shipment is coming! :woohoo:

Then I got an email with a survey link; did everyone else do the survey?

I got a survey when I first joined. One of the emails from this week or last week mentioned that more surveys were coming.

I joined, and got my sister a gift membership. I'm hoping they start doing some events on this side of the country(northeast).

The magazine is stunning.

I took the survey a couple of days ago, I thought it was the most fun customer survey I've ever taken. If you get the link, be sure to take the time; you'll be smiling the whole way through!

Beth

I took the survey a couple of days ago, I thought it was the most fun customer survey I've ever taken. If you get the link, be sure to take the time; you'll be smiling the whole way through!

Beth

Yup, I completed it. I liked that you can write in at the end. I got my membership card in the mail yesterday! :woohoo: I'm calling tomorrow for the NYC Broadway event!

Now...if they would add airfare, I would enter! :goodvibes

D23 Members have the chance to win an incredible package to see Disney's The Lion King at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas. Your prize will include:

*2-night room stay at Mandalay Bay Resort, a 4-Diamond Resort in Las Vegas.
*Two tickets to Disney's The Lion King at the Mandalay Bay Theatre.
*$100 Mandalay Bay Beach cabana rental discount
*Complimentary admission to Shark Reef Aquarium-featuring over 2,000 animals and 100 sharks!

All you have to do is tell us, in 300 words or less, what you love most about The Lion King. It's as easy at that!

This contest is open to all members of D23 in good standing. Members must legally reside in one of the 50 states or District of Columbia and be at least 18 years of age to enter. Entries must be received no later than 11:59pm June 15, 2009. Members must also be willing to have their submission featured on the D23 Web site.

Any Soloists going to the Expo in September!? I know the tickets just went on sale yesterday, but I hope theres some other solo people besides me heading over there!

Any Soloists going to the Expo in September!? I know the tickets just went on sale yesterday, but I hope theres some other solo people besides me heading over there!

I would love to go *sigh* But no can do.... :sad2:

I joined, and got my sister a gift membership. I'm hoping they start doing some events on this side of the country(northeast).

The magazine is stunning.

I would love for them to do some events at WDW but it seems I have joined something that is only for those that go to the west coast. I wanted to send them an email or letter asking if that was the case, but couldn't find how to contact them yet. I love the membership but do feel cheated because there is nothing for WDW, which was the whole reason I wanted it.

D23 has only been out for 3 months now and they are adding things so are going in the right direction. I mean of the 8 summer events they are not all on the West Coast, 1 was at Epcot, one in New York and 1 in Chicago.

I have enjoyed my membership so far, even though I have just been spending money on collecting the pins. LOL! I ordered the Gus pin on Friday. I'm also waiting on the other pins since they are like on backorder for 6 to 7 weeks. There will probably be more events added at WDW as time goes on. I am glad that I decided to join the charter year.

Back when D23 first started, I commented that they should (and May) do something extra special for those who joined on the very first day. We had faith that it was going to be something great and, despite the many complainers, joined anyway.

Yesterday I recieved an unmarked envelope in the mail, with a letter and a special gift....for those of us who supported D23 from day 1. Its a large pin that is dated "Day One Charter Member March 10, 2009". See the pictures below:

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter