Are You 23?

I can't wait until they announce the details of this! If it's a fan club like I hear then I'm definetly signing up!

I am too! Added that to my profile when I got home from the hospital this morning! Wooo hooo!

Let me shed some light.

This has been posted to the Trademark office:

"Goods and Services IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Education and entertainment services, namely, providing information in the field of children's entertainment, theme park service, animated and live-action films and television programs, books, magazines, music and music performers, ice shows, stage productions, consumer products history, history and news concerning the entertainment business; fan club services; providing information via global computer network in the field of entertainment and history; fan club services; providing information via global computer network in the field of entertainment and history.

(APPLICANT) Disney Enterprises, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 500 South Buena Vista Street Burbank CALIFORNIA 91521."

On October 22, 2008 Disney registered these websites
d23expo.com
disneyexpo.com
disneystwentythree.com
disneystwenty-three.com

Its a fan club...membership fee, exclusive items, annual convention, reminds me a little of Disneyana. Note: There are also separate trademarks for pins, t-shirts, hats, etc...

To add even more fuel to the fire, these two pics were accidentally posted to the disney shopping page for a few minutes, and pulled very quickly.

D23-1.jpg

D23-2.jpg

Wonder what the fees will be for this? Do you think alot of people will be signing up??

So it's a fan club you have to pay to be in?

I, for one, am disappointed:(

I agree, as it's sort of paying for what a lot of people are organizing for free.

but it's also a pretty slick marketing move in today's economic environment. With seeing the activity of strong communities like the Dis, coupled with the dissapearance of MouseFest, it's a no-brainer for Disney Execs to wonder why they aren't tapping into that consistent income stream.

It's an easy way to identify a target group of people who visit repeatedly and spend lots of money in Disney parks, resorts, on food, merch etc ... Not only will they get money from a membership, but they can spend less money by targeting specific promotions, and bring in a larger return on investment.

I'm actually surprised it took Disney this long to do something like this.

I think it's pretty smart on Disney's part. There are so many fans and so many clubs. I'm looking forward to having an official club. I'm fine with fees as long as I get something out of it, and we certainly will. Now I will know if someone is a Disney freak like me. I just have to ask them if they are 23:lmao: Disney knows how to bring in the money, who can blame them?

Paying for a membership isn't an issue if you get something for what you pay for. If you get a magazine subscription, shirt, some pins, etc... that would be good, plus the convention sounds very nice from what I've heard about it. We'll just have to see the final details, but I for one will be signing up first thing (if its affordable that is).

Paying for a membership isn't an issue if you get something for what you pay for. If you get a magazine subscription, shirt, some pins, etc... that would be good, plus the convention sounds very nice from what I've heard about it. We'll just have to see the final details, but I for one will be signing up first thing (if its affordable that is).

I agree with you, especially the affordable part. If it's in the range of what the old Disney Club cost (adjusted up for inflation and all), then it sounds great. If it's so expensive that I have to choose between "Being 23" or an AP...

I agree with you, especially the affordable part. If it's in the range of what the old Disney Club cost (adjusted up for inflation and all), then it sounds great. If it's so expensive that I have to choose between "Being 23" or an AP...

I wouldnt have any trouble with this. Looking forward to it :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter