April/May 2006 Code Watch

Several weeks ago I booked through WDTC at AAA rate for POFQ waterview room, 9 nights in mid-May at $148-/night (not incl tax). I believe this is about a 15% savings. It is a room only res and I also booked 10 days tickets for four of us + Park Hopper and Water Parks. I was told these would be associated to the room key etc just like a package.

I have a couple questions if anyone can help:

1) What am I missing when not booking a MYW package versus the room only + tix the way I did?
2) Are any of the recent codes likely to beat my current deal?

Thanks so much as always. This is a great community.

I was waiting on an April code, but our dates are blocked out. I thought I'd try AAA. I had read on the boards you might be able to get a AAA discount along with a dining/tix pacakge. Sounded TGTBT but sure enough I contacted AAA and was given a pacakge quote with the room discount. This is where it gets strange. My contact at AAA held the ressie but when she called me yesterday for payment the discount was gone and the quote ended up being the same as Disney. She said she must have made a mistake, blah, blah, blah. It's not alot of money but I was wondering if anyone out there had any thoughts. Thanks, Maggie

mom2boys5and9 said:
I was waiting on an April code, but our dates are blocked out. I thought I'd try AAA. I had read on the boards you might be able to get a AAA discount along with a dining/tix pacakge. Sounded TGTBT but sure enough I contacted AAA and was given a pacakge quote with the room discount. This is where it gets strange. My contact at AAA held the ressie but when she called me yesterday for payment the discount was gone and the quote ended up being the same as Disney. She said she must have made a mistake, blah, blah, blah. It's not alot of money but I was wondering if anyone out there had any thoughts. Thanks, Maggie

Hi!

I believe what happened is they ran out of AAA rooms. Otherwise, there should be no reason why she couldn't apply the discount. I would ask her if there are other resorts in the same category that still have AAA discounts. If so, you might want to consider moving. If she still cannot get you the discount, then what's the point of using them??

If you go to AAA website & login you can look at the available resorts using the discount. Then call you agent and book your package. Unfortunately you can't book the package online, just room only.

mom2boys5and9 said:

Have her call back again, that's what I did. My TA said that the ticket upgrade was avail. one day but not the next. :( I was telling the story to the family that we are going w/ and he booked directly w/ Disney so he called and they said that it is definately available and that my TA should definately call again and get me the upgrade so that's what I did :) Good luck.

mom2boys5and9 said:
I had a pkg w/ AAA and was orginially receiving a discount on the room portion. However, when I upgraded to the free water park package (already had the park hoppers), we lost the room discount. The AAA agent told me you could only receive one discount, not two. The price came out to be the same as on the Disney web site, but is $10 less than what I was getting w/out the waterparks, so I guess I can't complain.

However, if others are actually receiving a room discount plus the free waterparks w/ AAA, then I would like to know! We are booked at Pop for the end of May.

I just called Disney to update my ressies for the AP rate. Since I booked my rooms before the new online policy, they let me book my rooms at POR for the AP rate of $124/night (had to switch from POFQ to POR because of availability of AP rooms at POFQ) and my deluxe savannah rooms at AKL for $303 a night! I am so exicted about our trip in May!

IDoDis said:
However, if others are actually receiving a room discount plus the free waterparks w/ AAA, then I would like to know! We are booked at Pop for the end of May.

I lost my room discount when I upgraded to the free waterparks deal too. My AAA agent told me that it was one or the other when it came to the discounts. You cannot use both. I originally had 4 day base tickets. My package increased around $80 to get the hoppers/water park option. I thought that was pretty good since it was going to cost me an extra $160 on the package with my AAA discount if I wanted to upgrade my base tickets to hoppers (no water parks).

I spent close to an hour on the phone with a CM this morning. She was great. As she explained it, I could get a AAA rate at WL (courtyard--room only) for $279 plus tax. YVH code adds water park option and actually brings the price DOWN somehow for package with dining. However, my AAA TA was able to get the same package for $150 less. Didn't ask what code he used.

caseyem67 said:
I spent close to an hour on the phone with a CM this morning. She was great. As she explained it, I could get a AAA rate at WL (courtyard--room only) for $279 plus tax. YVH code adds water park option and actually brings the price DOWN somehow for package with dining. However, my AAA TA was able to get the same package for $150 less. Didn't ask what code he used.
Would you ask your TA what code he/she used and report back?

tkldisney said:
If you go to AAA website & login you can look at the available resorts using the discount. Then call you agent and book your package. Unfortunately you can't book the package online, just room only.
This does not work with all AAA's. It's regional. Ours doesn't let you look at any disney resort rates or availability online.

Sorry it's taken so long to thank everyone for responding! We had a snow day in CT yesterday. I never even had a chance to call AAA. I'm going to call them today. I think a previous poster summed it up best that it can be "hit or miss" with AAA and I'm sure inventory constantly changes. It's not alot of money; I'm a little disappointed our dates are blacked out and trying anything. We weren't even planning this trip since we're finally doing a Disney cruise in August. But, we all know how that goes :goodvibes ......I'll post how I make out. Maggie

Thanks to everyone for all of the information I've learned while on this forum. I have been trying for several days to get our AAA TA to get a code to work for us. She called me back last night and finally got it to work after being on hold for 2 hours w/disney and then talking to a supervisor cm. We got the waterpark option added with code YWH. I haven't seen that code on here yet. Maybe it will help someone. :thumbsup2 , Oh, we are in California if it is regional......~Susan

:thumbsup2I contacted another AAA agent who was able to get a AAA package @ POP. She said she just booked a package yesterday and they only had All-Stars, obviously inventory does fluctuate. I saved $117 over the Disney package. I know that's not alot of money but I thought it was worth posting, especially for those of us who are traveling during the black out dates. And yes, I admit, I'm a shopper:surfweb: !

Now that this obsession is over, time to jump over to the dining boards and start obsessing over when and where we eat.

Thanks again, Maggie

I don't understand why all AAA agents aren't on the same page. I called mine back (she probably hates me by now) and asked her about the code since I'm now paying about the same price for our Pop resort package as I would booking through Disney. We had a room discount but once we added the waterpark upgrade, the room discount went away. I asked her about this other code YWH. She said she'd check on it and call me back. I don't know if she really ever checked, but when she called back, she said that there was no such code or other discounts. She asked where I got this info from and I told her others on this Disney board were getting better prices. She said, "Well, you can't believe what other people say on the internet!" Aaaak! I'm just ready to cancel and book with a different office! I'm so frustrated.

Also, when I went onlilne to compare prices under the special offers section, Pop Century is coming out $119 higher for 8 nights (from 5-23 to 5-31) than the AS resorts. Why would that be? Aren't they all supposed to be the same price? That's a big enough difference to make me want to switch. Why is there such a difference? When we booked the package, all of the value resorts were the same price (with the exception of the taxes).

One last thing... What happened to the link on the Disney site to add the meal plan (when I used the special offers link). The link to add the meal plan is there if I price the package without using the special offer link. When I use the special offers link, there is no meal plan option. I know it used to be there and I booked our AAA package with the free upgraded water park passes and the meal plan. I'm trying to compare prices to my AAA package again. What happened to the meal plan link?

dworbust said:
Thanks to everyone for all of the information I've learned while on this forum. I have been trying for several days to get our AAA TA to get a code to work for us. She called me back last night and finally got it to work after being on hold for 2 hours w/disney and then talking to a supervisor cm. We got the waterpark option added with code YWH. I haven't seen that code on here yet. Maybe it will help someone. :thumbsup2 , Oh, we are in California if it is regional......~Susan
: :confused3

IDoDis said:
Also, when I went onlilne to compare prices under the special offers section, Pop Century is coming out $119 higher for 8 nights (from 5-23 to 5-31) than the AS resorts. Why would that be? Aren't they all supposed to be the same price? That's a big enough difference to make me want to switch. Why is there such a difference? When we booked the package, all of the value resorts were the same price (with the exception of the taxes).

: :confused3

I figured out where the extra $119 was coming from. I forgot to take off the insurance. Still wonderig where the meal plan link went though.

The price that comes up doesn't reflect that the meal plan is included. This is a pretty expensive option for a family of four.

dean556 said:
Online when you book the special offer it adds the meal plan in with it.

I guess I should have been more clear about the details of our price. We are a family of 23 :rolleyes2 . I am in charge of all of the planning. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: We have 6 rooms booked at the POP for 7 nights at the end of April through the first part of May. We originally had 6 day parkhopper passes and the dining plan. The AAA discount applied to our room only. Since we have so many people and different kids ages it would be hard to totally break it down. But in a room with 4 "adults" (2 adults and 2 adult priced children), our original price through AAA was 2735.08. My Disney quote was 2852.54. When the AAA agent got the code YWH applied the price went down to 2712. Not a huge savings, but the waterparks are now added in and every little bit helps. I think the only "discount" we are getting is on the room. I don't know if this will help anyone. My TA was on hold for 2 hours with Disney to get the upgraded tickets. I hope she makes a little bit off of this booking. I felt bad for her. ~Susan

If I get a room at one of the disney hotels with a AAA rate than is it impossible for me to get the dinining plan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter