April/May 2006 Code Watch

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
I didnt see a thread for this yet so i thought i would start one.

Post your April/May 2006 Codes here. I am waiting for them to come out.

So far, I just have a AAA room booked unitl hopefully AP Rates come out.

Our AAA Rates are:

POP-$84/night + tax

POFQ-$131/Night + tax

Hope we can do better!!

Update-

Our AP rates we got with the code are:

POP-$74/night + tax

WL Courtyard View-$210/Night + Tax

Staying at BWV on DVC Points.

I am also waiting for April/May. I have CS at the AAA rate of $161 including tax. That is for a water view. I'd really like WL or CR.

I have friends that are going in May, I'm going in April. My friends are waiting for general public codes or the free dining package ( if it returns, I think it is unlikely though) I'm waiting for AP, or anything decent in April.

Does anyone think they will bring back the free dining?

We're waiting for April/May rates too. Last year my SIL got a postcard rate for POR for $79 per night. I'm not sure I'll even go this year we we don't get some sort of a rate reduction. Maybe I'll look at Swan or Dolphin. It doesn't make sense to pay more for POR/POFQ than Swan or Dolphin. Some of the DTD hotels are starting to look good! I've neve stayed off site but if there's no code, it might be a first.

I've gotten so spoiled by the monorail. I forgot about the swan and Dolphin. How is transportation from these resorts to the parks? We are renting a car, so I'm not worried about Magical Express. And I could drive to AK and MGM. I just wonder if the Disney transport runs from these resorts to MK and Epcot. Also, is there a boat that takes you to Epcot?

There are buses that run to all parks from the Swan and Dolphin. They have boats that bring you to MGM and Epcot...but it is a short walk to each, beautiful walks in fact along the waterway. I love these resorts.

Anyone know when the codes are released for this timeframe.

I know it's early, but I'm wondering too about this too. IF codes or discounts are released for late April, early May, when do you think it might be or when have they come out in the past?

I'm really want to stay at POFQ again the 1st week of May 2006. Budget wise I would be VERY happy with a rate around $120. What do you think my chances are?

I think the first week of May is a great time for discounts. May is also such a nice time to visit. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I just thought I'd post some AAA info. I checked prices for a 4 night stay in April and then in May. Theses are prices for 2 adults & 1 child

For 4 nights April 20th-April 24 No discounts for packages at Coronado
Port Orleans w/dining & passes $1487
Port Orleans with passes 4 days $1129

For 4 nights May 20-May 24 Coronado W passes 4 days $1139
Coronado w/passes & dining $1487

For now I'll stick with my room only at Coronado.

I think the first week of May is a great time for discounts.

Thank you for the ray of hope!!! :goodvibes

I am SO wanting to stay at POFQ, but I had no idea how early May was/is for discounts on rooms. If I can't get POFQ, I'm gonna try for Hilton at DTD, but really would rather not go that route!

I'm an early May girl too! I have nothing to say, except that I am with you guys! =)

We are planning to stay at CBR probably May 5th-12th.

Carrie

deelam said:
Anyone know when the codes are released for this timeframe.

Last year the general public codes came out on March 9th for late April until June or July. I wrote it down because we have ressies for 5/14-5/23 2006 and I want to make sure I don't miss any discounts if they come out. Right now we have POR w/ AAA for $146 per nt(tax included).

Last year the general public codes came out on March 9th for late April.

Liz, do you know what the public code rate for a moderate was last year for late April/early May?

Also, I thought the AAA rate was $131 -- or is does your $146 rate include tax?

WaltD4Me said:
Liz, do you know what the public code rate for a moderate was last year for late April/early May?

Also, I thought the AAA rate was $131 -- or is does your $146 rate include tax?

I can't remember what the rate was but it was pretty low, like $99 maybe? I guess I should have written that part down too. :rolleyes:

Yes, the $146 is with the tax included.

I would love to get a Mod for $99. I really want the Coronado becase of the kids play area. It really has a great pool and play area called the dig site. The only problem is that this is a big convention hotel and I think April and early May are big convention times. I'll keep hoping.

Oh, oh, I want to join you guys!! I made reservations for May 6 to 14. We're going either way, but I wouldn't mind upgrading to a moderate or even (gasp!) a deluxe, if the price is right.

Lizzydoll73 said:
Last year the general public codes came out on March 9th for late April until June or July. I wrote it down because we have ressies for 5/14-5/23 2006 and I want to make sure I don't miss any discounts if they come out. Right now we have POR w/ AAA for $146 per nt(tax included).

Liz, I already have reservations (pkg, including tickets and dining) with the AAA discount on the room portion. When/if the codes come out, can I apply them on top of the AAA discount?? Or can I at least exchange them for the AAA discount (if they are better of course)? Also, where would I be checking for the codes? Thanks.

So, so excited to be going!

LizzyBB said:
Oh, oh, I want to join you guys!! I made reservations for May 6 to 14. We're going either way, but I wouldn't mind upgrading to a moderate or even (gasp!) a deluxe, if the price is right.

Liz, I already have reservations (pkg, including tickets and dining) with the AAA discount on the room portion. When/if the codes come out, can I apply them on top of the AAA discount?? Or can I at least exchange them for the AAA discount (if they are better of course)? Also, where would I be checking for the codes? Thanks.

So, so excited to be going!

I am not sure if the codes can be applied to packages. I thought they were for room only but I could be wrong. Maybe someone else would know for certain. But yes, you can apply the code to an existing reservation IF they do come out. That is why we booked with the AAA discount. If no codes come out at least we will get that.

I always thought it was one deal or another, with the exception of the free dining type things. If you book a package with AAA, you can't use your AP room discount on that package price. But if you have a AAA package, a deal comes from Disney like free dining, or someother perk like free days, you may get this. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter