Anyone sailing on 6/21/03 Magic

Hi all, back on the boards after a vacation (friends visiting from UK) . Now what is Sea Safe, why should I need it and what's all this stuff about a RASH!!?? As a doc I can ask this as a professional. I recall getting a RASH after swimming in the groinal area which I chalked up to irritation from the sand, wet suit, salt water etc. Don't get too technical...I'm a surgeon and we drag our knuckles when we walk. :rolleyes:

I got the impression people on the cruise ahead of us got their docs already. Another milestone awaits.

Made all our excursion ressies and got what we wanted. Hope everybody else got their first choices.

Tried to book a surial bath ahead of time by going directly through Steiner, the vendor, and they said nobody can book a spa treatment etc prior to getting on board. I find this hard to believe as I dash for the spa sign in sheet as soon as we get on board and all the good time slots are already taken. :mad: Especially for the days at sea.

Nobody can get to the spa sign in sheet faster than me...I know all the shortcuts.

Would recommend the Rain Forest package for all you newbies. It is very relaxing after a hard day of Disney Cruisin'! Cheers Wes

Hey Wes,

Spa reservation question - the folks signed up ahead are through concierge. The conceirge suites have pre assigned times and then you can book through them without the general rush. And some posts have hinted that those may be able to book ahead within the pre assigned times. Those of us not in those areas get to dash and hope for the best.

DH & I keep waffling on the Surial - sounds like fun but are concerned about the heat.

Sea Safe is a sunscreen with a compound (sorry I don't have the bottle handy) in it which protects against the inflammation which can be caused by jelly fish, sea lice, etc. stings. And it is supposed to be particularly waterproof in sea water. We've been lucky in the past but decided to order some. You're the doc...I'll let you decide if the rash might have been inflammation of this sort or just the suit and sand irritation! :p

As for the cruise ahead of us getting their docs that is possible. From what I've seen folks booking their own air have been receiving them 5-6 weeks out while those with air through DCL get them about 3-4 weeks out. We're in the second category so I haven't started looking for them.

Deb

Hi Deb, you pose an interesting point. We are on deck 8 and I recall being told a cruise or two ago that that was the concierge level. What constitutes concierge?

I suspect the rash was all of the above. It was annoying. I'll try the stuff. How can I get some? Can you buy it locally as we will be in OKW for a few days prior to sailing?

We've done the surial several times and enjoy it. The heat's not so bad. After a while things start to generate their own heat if you catch my drift. That's all I'll say in a public forum except to say that I know its not for everyone. We were down working out in the exercise room one afternoon and a woman came charging out looking really steamed and I don't mean from the heat. A few moments later her husband came out with a rather distressed look on his face. If walls could talk!
Wes

I too will try to get some Sea Safe. I was thinking that maybe I would have Shirley include it in the family's basket? This would save me the trouble of looking for it if she is familiar with it.

We have booked our excusions and we got what we wanted! :Pinkbounc

I really would like a spa treatment, but just can't decide which one to choose. I love pedicures, so I might have one of those for sure.

Ok guys, I tried to find Sea Safe and all I can find is Safe Sea. Is it the same thing with spf15 or 30? I went ahead and ordered some because it sounds basically the same. I can't have dh (WRH3MD) get another rash! He gets so whiney when he breaks out!:smooth:

Can't wait for this cruise, been long in the planning.

I just tried to find my original order confirmation in my emails and it only had a stock number not the name of the product. Nor am I finding it in my Passporter at the moment to double check. But it sounds like the same stuff.

The company was Lifestyles Direct. Not sure if it is available in stores or not. I've never seen it around here but then again Lake Michigan isn't known for its jellyfish and sea lice!

Wes that sounds like it might have been interesting and yes I get your drift on the "heating up". ;)

My understanding is that it isn't the deck that determines concierge level but category. Just checked the Passporter to refresh my memory and these are cats 1,2 & 3. Deck 8 appears to have cats 1,2,3, & 4.

Good luck!

Deb

Deb,

Aw, we are cat 4, so that explains it. Our dd was in Muskegon last summer for a time with a friend who's family has a beach house there. She said it was wonderful but sea lice, I doubt it.:D

I ordered it from Lifestyles so it must be the same thing. Thanks for the info.

Wow Debbie, small world. Do you remember which part of the Muskegon area she was visiting? That metro reference refers to a pretty large area.

Deb

We are doing the document dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got them today!
Getting closer!:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

All right! Glad to hear someone in our group has started to receive their documents. I'm not expecting ours for a few weeks yet as we booked air through DCL and that isn't usually assigned until about 30 days out.

Debbie - did you do air on your own or through DCL?

Deb

Let me answer for dw. We booked directly through DCL. We drive to Fla. Flying has turned into too much hassle and driving allows us to bring lots more stuff and I am a person who needs his stuff. (lap top, books, snorkel stuff etc.) I don't know if dd and sil got their's yet but I booked it so hopefully they are linked and she should get them soon too. Cheers. Wes

Thanks for the info Wes. Driving is just a little too far for us. Even our last trip home that took the better part of two days was less total time than driving would be.

We booked direct as well and used their air, now if you'd told me you also had air through them AND had docs I'd be making a phone call right now! :p But instead I'll try to wait patiently.

Deb

I just talked to dd and they received their documents yesterday too!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hopefully everyone else will be getting theirs soon.

I guess we will be getting our following cruise documents next week!

:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :sunny:

Received "Safe Sea" today. Things are coming together!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Deb, I asked Lindsey what part of Muskegon was she in and she said she couldn't remember what it was called, (remember, she's 17:rolleyes: , but I do know it was close to the airport. She loved it there!

If she was in the area near the airport that is Norton Shores and where we live! Wow! Wouldn't that be ironic if we'd run into each other while she was here?

We love it here to...most of the time. ;) As anyplace there are times of the year it isn't as pleasant. Right about now I'm wishing it would warm up so I can put jackets away! Today we MIGHT get close to 70 degrees.

Deb

Hi everyone!! I am Lindsey, the DD of Debbie H and WRH3MD and I neglected to see this thread and opened a new one, so if you would like, you can just ignore the new one. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and tell you how excited I am for this cruise!!! Talk to you soon!:p

I'll repeat what I said in the new thread. I've talked with Karen and we were hoping that there were other teen cruisers!!!

Ok, we will! Welcome to our thread, it is not just for the adults. Although we tend to jump in more. Kari (CBAGGS) had been pretty visible but I know she, Ryan, and my son Andrew have been email each other directly. They are 14/15, 17 & 15 nearly 16. There are also a bunch of younger teens - 13ish in the group.

Speaking for my son I know he is up to his eyeballs with school ending "stuff" at the moment and I suspect the same with Kari so you may not see anything from them for a bit.

Deb

We're getting closer!! Can't wait to meet ya'll! Hey Deb, is your schedule for the Hyatt confirmed -- just wondering when you might arrive.

Amy

According to our original information we are confirmed as staying at the Hyatt. Don't have the flight schedule yet, although I am guessing it will be a Delta flight. And according to their website today actually flights arrive at MCO between 10 am & 6 pm. So I'm guessing if we are on Delta that we'll get in sometime in the afternoon. Last time I spoke with DCL they said flights would be assigned about 30 days out. I'll call them next week and should have the details.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter