Any other LGBT parents on here?

Single dad to a 5-year-old prince and 7-month-old princess. Went to DL twice in 2012 with my son before my daughter was born. Was planning on returning in 2013 around Gay Days but decided to experience Christmas and celebrate my son's birthday instead. Should be fun.

So fun to read about everyone's families.

We will be there Nov 5-12 should anyone else's trip line up with those dates...

mantysk8coach said:
How's this for unconventional? This thread caught my eye, due to our family situation, which is new to us.

I am a straight female, married to a bi male. This is new to us, he came out to me in February of this year, though he told me he's been interested in both males and females since his early teens. Without diving off the "Dis friendly" cliff here, I've kind of been giving him the space he needs to figure out where he wants to be in order to be happiest.

We are a Disney loving family, and have three daughters together, age 9,5, and 17 months.

Not sure what the future holds for us, but since he told me, he's been so much happier and more loving toward me, and things have been better between us than they have in a long time.

So cool to see all the different family blends on here!

Families come in all varieties! Sounds like you are going through a lot right now. (Hugs) you must be an awesome friend to be so loving through all this.
How many Disney trips have you been on or plan to go on?
My partner and I have 2 Disney raised boys ages 17 and 21. We stay mostly at AKL and love Disney cruises. Yes, bith boys still go. Lol. Disney is a lifestyle.

Hey guys,
First time posting here. This thread caught my eye so I thought I'd finally register.

My partner and I have two year old twins (three next month!). We took them to Disneyland Paris last year, WDW earlier this year, and we'll be going back in October for a belated third birthday celebration.

The funny thing is that we're not actually all that into Disney! lol I mean, you wouldn't know it by the paragraph above, would you?? We just happened to be in Paris last year for vacation and thought they'd like DLParis, I happened to have a last minute meeting in Orlando earlier this year so my partner flew down with the kids to meet me. The trip this fall was totally planned, though. lol We'll be at the Dolphin for 8 days and we're really looking forward to it.

Hey guys,
First time posting here. This thread caught my eye so I thought I'd finally register.

My partner and I have two year old twins (three next month!). We took them to Disneyland Paris last year, WDW earlier this year, and we'll be going back in October for a belated third birthday celebration.

The funny thing is that we're not actually all that into Disney! lol I mean, you wouldn't know it by the paragraph above, would you?? We just happened to be in Paris last year for vacation and thought they'd like DLParis, I happened to have a last minute meeting in Orlando earlier this year so my partner flew down with the kids to meet me. The trip this fall was totally planned, though. lol We'll be at the Dolphin for 8 days and we're really looking forward to it.

Welcome!

When are you going in October? We will be there 10/26-11/2!

Hey guys,

We have twins as well! They are four ( boy/girl)

My partner of 9 years and I have a 5 yr old Disney raised son :) We have taken him to DW many times...even in utero :rotfl: We are headed to the World in late September for 3 days, then venturing out on the Dream for 4 more nights:beach: We've never been on a Disney cruise before but we are so excited! And yep...we are pulling that kid out of schoolpixiedust: Completely out of the blue, we found out that our cruise is the first Halloween cruise!! Love Halloween...perfect for us!

My partner of 9 years and I have a 5 yr old Disney raised son :) We have taken him to DW many times...even in utero :rotfl: We are headed to the World in late September for 3 days, then venturing out on the Dream for 4 more nights:beach: We've never been on a Disney cruise before but we are so excited! And yep...we are pulling that kid out of schoolpixiedust: Completely out of the blue, we found out that our cruise is the first Halloween cruise!! Love Halloween...perfect for us!

So excited for you! And jealous! You will love the dream, it's amazing!

We'll be there in mid-Oct, MinaFemme, so I think we'll just miss you.

We have b/g twins as well, Disneytwinsmom.

Thanks so much for the kind welcome! :)

My partner of 17 years and I will be making our fifth family trip to WDW in January. We are parents to an eight year old princess and two year old pirate.

Kygirls we also will be there in January and just joined dvc in May. We are staying at akl jan 18-26. Our kids will be almost 7 (his 4th trip) and 2.5 (his 2nd)

Where and when will you be there.

My DH and I adopted our son last year. He is 7 now. I got a little crazy and took them on a world wide Disney trip this year. We started in Hong Kong Disneyland for New Year, Disney World for Easter, Disneyland last month followed by a Disney Cruise to Vancouver. That's what you get when you get adopted by a Disney geek!

Wow that sounds amazing! I know your son had a blast!

My wife and I have been together for 11 years and finally married this past July in Washington DC. We have three children; DD 6, DS 5, DS 2.5. We have been to WDW many times and our 3rd Disney cruise October 25-Nov 1, 2014. My DW is active duty Navy and we live near Virginia Beach. We are going down a few days early before our cruise to spend at WDW. The kids love to cruise and there is always something new they find to do!

Families come in all varieties! Sounds like you are going through a lot right now. (Hugs) you must be an awesome friend to be so loving through all this.
How many Disney trips have you been on or plan to go on?
My partner and I have 2 Disney raised boys ages 17 and 21. We stay mostly at AKL and love Disney cruises. Yes, bith boys still go. Lol. Disney is a lifestyle.

Sorry! Haven't been back to this thread and just seeing this now! We are hanging in there still. Glad to have an understanding place to come, there aren't too many places I can go where people are open minded enough to "get" our relationship. Not sure what the future holds for us, but no matter how this ends, we'll always be close, and fully committed to raising our children together.

I've actually been to Disney 13 times. All but three of which where with my DH. We are trying to limit ourselves to every other year, but that's hard! We just went this past August, and this coming year is filled with a million weddings to attend, and a few smaller vacations, so looks like we're looking at Spring 2015 for our next WDW trip. Our oldest will be a Disney adult by then (at the ripe old age of 10) and our youngest will no longer be a freebie so we'll need a little longer to save for the trip we want.

We just stayed at our first Deluxe, Beach Club, thanks to a great discount we got, and now I don't think there is any turning back!!!

Hi. My partner and I were planning to take my son to WDW this December but decided on a cruise instead. We will be on the Magic Dec 21-28 and are super excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter