Antigen Test at Shoppers?

Call your specific location, I made ours last Thursday for this Tuesday:)

For another data point, I booked last Friday for this coming Tuesday. I did it in store (since I was already there picking something up) and I could see that they were pretty much wide open most days this week.

Is there a difference (besides cost) between the Antigen test and the PCR test? They both do the same thing, don't they?

Is there a difference (besides cost) between the Antigen test and the PCR test? The
y both do the same thing, don't they?

Just did the Antigen test now at Shoppers. The antigen test is just the inside of the lower nostrils. The pharmacist did both. Then the q-tip goes in a little bottle of liquid, give it a shake, then puts a few drops on what looks like a pregnancy test and wait 15 minutes.

I have also done the PCR test and that goes right on up your nose. Up, up, up!

My 14 year has had to do a number of PCR tests since the start of testing, and tonight was her first antigen. She said the antigen test was way, way easier and more comfortable. The antigen from my own experience was easier to handle than the PCR test. They both last seconds.

Has anyone heard if Shoppers out here in BC will be offering this test as well?
Not that I've heard yet and I've been watching. I'd much rather pay $40 each instead of the $129 each we'll be paying next week for our tests!

Not that I've heard yet and I've been watching. I'd much rather pay $40 each instead of the $129 each we'll be paying next week for our tests!
Integrated Wellness Centre in Port Coquitlam has them for $80 now. I think they are preparing for Shoppers to come in and take business from them.

Integrated Wellness Centre in Port Coquitlam has them for $80 now. I think they are preparing for Shoppers to come in and take business from them.
I'm up in central BC near Prince George so we're pretty limited. $129 is the cheapest I've found.

FYI - just had the antigen test done at Shoppers (negative yay!) for a domestic flight and my own piece of mind. But they said if I was using if for an international flight, I would need to show them my passport. I assume they need to put the passport number on the file so it can't be shared among travellers.

Anyway, bring your passport to your covid test, if it's for international travel.

FYI - just had the antigen test done at Shoppers (negative yay!) for a domestic flight and my own piece of mind. But they said if I was using if for an international flight, I would need to show them my passport. I assume they need to put the passport number on the file so it can't be shared among travellers.

Anyway, bring your passport to your covid test, if it's for international travel.
We did our test at shoppers on Sunday, did not have passports, they recorded our health cards.
We are at Pearson right now about to board our flight and it was totally fine.
However, I would probably bring passports just in case and use those. It’s not required though.

We did our test at shoppers on Sunday, did not have passports, they recorded our health cards.
We are at Pearson right now about to board our flight and it was totally fine.
However, I would probably bring passports just in case and use those. It’s not required though.

How crowded was it to get through Pearson?

Got our antigen tests done tonight at Shoppers..(negative), but when I booked no one told us to bring passports and indeed they told us there we needed them to put the pp# on the forms if we planned to use the passports to fly, so I went home to grab them while we waited the 15 min for the results.

Head's up to all BC travellers - our tests (PCR and Antigen) - are between 50-70% more expensive than Alberta or Ontario. Same "suppliers" (Shoppers et al) but, for some reason, as yet unexplained despite me shooting off e-mails everywhere, price-gouging, eye-wateringly expensive. $350 for a PCR in Nanaimo. Not a 'rapid' one, a 48-hour wait for result one. $900 for the rapid one. Please, please, if you're in BC, ask Shoppers and anyone else you can track down online (I e-mailed a government agency, or two) why we're paying so much more than other Provinces. No doubt, it's a competition thing - BC clearly doesn't have the competition that requires the lowering of rates to match.

Thanks. We have a totally full flight too, but hoping that the airport itself isn't too stressful.
It was not stressful at all, and not too many people. We got there early anticlpating issues but really didn’t have any. We uploaded our tests ahead of time, had our attestation forms printed etc. The airport was definitely not a ghost town but not too bad. We are in LA now and feels surreal we were able to fly somewhere finally.

Last edited:
It was not stressful at all, and not too many people. We got there early anticlpating issues but really didn’t have any. We uploaded our tests ahead of time, had our attestation forms printed etc. The airport was defined not a ghost town but not too bad. We are in LA now and feels surreal we were able to fly somewhere finally.
Enjoy every moment! Glad to hear things went smoothly. 🙂

Enjoy every moment! Glad to hear things went smoothly. 🙂

Thank you! Traveling here was fairly smooth thanks fo your advice & that of fellow DISers :)
Walked around downtown Disney tonight and it’s so different from Disney Springs! We are staying at the Disneyland hotel, it’s beautiful but it was weird not to get a magic band or resort refillable mug ;) Also, our room key doesn’t have charging privileges, what? Lol
Edit - yes your room key can have charging privileges, just not the food carts and non Disney owned locations.

Last edited:
It was not stressful at all, and not too many people. We got there early anticlpating issues but really didn’t have any. We uploaded our tests ahead of time, had our attestation forms printed etc. The airport was definitely not a ghost town but not too bad. We are in LA now and feels surreal we were able to fly somewhere finally.
Sorry - quick question. You say you uploaded your results ahead of time. May I ask to what? The ArriveCan app? I thought that was only for the return, and that wasn't for results, but vaccination status?

When my wife went to the US last month she just had the paper copies of her results, and the attestation of course. Is there a change now where we can send the results?

Just want to make sure I know what I'm up against - I may be flying out next week ...

Sorry - quick question. You say you uploaded your results ahead of time. May I ask to what? The ArriveCan app? I thought that was only for the return, and that wasn't for results, but vaccination status?

When my wife went to the US last month she just had the paper copies of her results, and the attestation of course. Is there a change now where we can send the results?

Just want to make sure I know what I'm up against - I may be flying out next week ...

I got an email from Air Canada (I fly Friday) that I can upload my test information during check-in or show the print out at the airport. I plan to upload but also bring the print out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter