Antigen Test at Shoppers?

For Shoppers, I called the closest one that does the Rapid Test a few days in advance to make our app'ts. And I used the address my wife was staying at in Nashville (her parents) to book her Rapid ID Now drive-through test there. Yes, it is free, and she got results in about an hour.

I think part of what is confusing everyone is that people are using the term "PCR" when they really mean "molecular". Canada requires a molecular test; the Polymerase Chain Reaction is just one of MANY acceptable such tests. It is perhaps the most known and widely available, and it is expensive. The NAAT test -free at some Walgreens - is also molecular.

I have phoned no less than 7 of the Walgreens within 20 minutes of Disneyland and they all confirmed testing is free for Canadians. Their website also indicates free testing for all.

Edit: just called the Walgreens on Euclid St. Anaheim right now. It is free for Canadians. You fill out the online form to make an appointment, click no insurance, use your hotel for address, and can use passport number for ID. Hope this helps anyone who is trying to sift through info. I'm old fashioned .....just call directly and ask!

Last edited:
Has anyone used Walgreens or CVS in Anaheim? CVS says results are 1-2 days - has that been the experience? We have to test Saturday morning for a flight Monday evening, just wondering if the weekend complicates things. I also don’t see any Walgreens in the area that does these tests.
Just CVS or the Anaheim city hall which comes at a cost of course.
There are multiple Walgreens around Disneyland. You can go to their covid testing page and enter Anaheim and PCR test, multiple results come up.

I think that might be incorrect. I have phoned no less than 7 of the Walgreens within 20 minutes of Disneyland and they all confirmed testing is free for Canadians. I have also read many reports of others having it done at Walgreens. Perhaps the article meant they don't have the NAAT tests like in Orlando? Their website also indicates free testing for all.
I'd be happy if it's free and if you were told that over the phone the site I saw definitely may be wrong! I just wanted people to be aware that it may not be the case since there don't seem to be any actual reports back yet from DISers that have gone that route and I'd hate to expect free and then have a big bill to pay! He could have meant no NAAT tests but it specifically said 'no free testing' and it was only dated a few weeks ago so fairly recent. I'm still trying to find it but not having much luck!

I'd be happy if it's free and if you were told that over the phone the site I saw definitely may be wrong! I just wanted people to be aware that it may not be the case since there don't seem to be any actual reports back yet from DISers that have gone that route and I'd hate to expect free and then have a big bill to pay! He could have meant no NAAT tests but it specifically said 'no free testing' and it was only dated a few weeks ago so fairly recent. I'm still trying to find it but not having much luck!
I know. It's confusing. So much contradictory info online. I edited my last reply to say I just phoned again now ( Euclid St. Anaheim Walgreens). Again, they reiterated it is free for Canadians. You just fill out the form online to book an appt, check off no insurance, use your hotel as your address, and use passport number for ID.

I know. It's confusing. So much contradictory info online. I edited my last reply to say I just phoned again now ( Euclid St. Anaheim Walgreens). Again, they reiterated it is free for Canadians. You just fill out the form online to book an appt, use your hotel as your address, and use passport number for ID.
Then it must be. I'll delete my previous post so I don't mislead anyone, if you could also delete it in your quoted post. I just didn't want anyone to be caught with an unexpected bill. We budgeted for testing already so we're just going to stick with the City Hall site for rapid tests but I hope Walgreens works out for you!!

For those who have gotten the test at Shopper's, how far in advance are you able to book an appointment. I believe Walgreens is only a few days in advance but not sure for Shoppers.
Our local Shoppers in Ottawa asked us to call the day before to book an appointment.

I really really think people are mixing up tests. Walgreens does PCR tests that they charge for, and many also do the NAAT ones which are free. So it depends which you are looking for.

And I cannot stress enough the PCR test in only one of many that are acceptable to return to Canada. Don’t pay for that if you don’t have to.

I really really think people are mixing up tests. Walgreens does PCR tests that they charge for, and many also do the NAAT ones which are free. So it depends which you are looking for.

And I cannot stress enough the PCR test in only one of many that are acceptable to return to Canada. Don’t pay for that if you don’t have to.
Walgreens does not charge for PCR tests, nor NAAT. All of their testing is free. CVS charges for travel testing. Walgreens =free

Anyone can go through the booking process to see for themself , as well I highly recommend picking up the phone and calling for yourself to any one of the Walgreens in the Anaheim area. The internet can sometimes be a place of misguided information. 😂

For Walgreens you fill out all of your info online in order to book an appt. Use your hotel address, use your passport number as ID, click no insurance, and get appt. Then you go through the drive through. They check your passport just to make sure your name lines up with your appt info. They hand you the swab through your car window, you swab yourself, hand it back, and be on your way. No money is exchanged, no financial info exchanged.

It's really quite simple, despite the barrage of confusing or misinformation. Don't stress people, and save the extra hundreds of dollars for things that matter.....churros, Oogie Boogie tickets, delicious pumpkin spice beignets!

Last edited:
For those who have gotten the test at Shopper's, how far in advance are you able to book an appointment. I believe Walgreens is only a few days in advance but not sure for Shoppers.
Call your specific location, I made ours last Thursday for this Tuesday:)

Walgreens does not charge for PCR tests, nor NAAT. All of their testing is free. CVS charges for travel testing. Walgreens =free

Anyone can go through the booking process to see for themself , as well I highly recommend picking up the phone and calling for yourself to any one of the Walgreens in the Anaheim area. The internet can sometimes be a place of misguided information. 😂

For Walgreens you fill out all of your info online in order to book an appt. Use your hotel address, use your passport number as ID, click no insurance, and get appt. Then you go through the drive through. They check your passport just to make sure your name lines up with your appt info. They hand you the swab through your car window, you swab yourself, hand it back, and be on your way. No money is exchanged, no financial info exchanged.

It's really quite simple, despite the barrage of confusing or misinformation. Don't stress people, and save the extra hundreds of dollars for things that matter.....churros, Oogie Boogie tickets, delicious pumpkin spice beignets!
I checked Walgreens near Disneyland, none do the NAAT test but they do the RT-PCR tests. Unlike the NAAT rapid ID test, it says results not guaranteed in time for travel and processing time varies. You can only book a day or two ahead of time.
The forms does ask for either your insurance or state DL# to book. That is different from the form in Florida.
Let’s say the passport # is accepted (I didn’t try to submit the booking) my biggest worry is how long will results take?
We have to go test on Saturday 21st, we travel back to Canada 23rd in the late evening, will we get our results by then? I saw one of the labs takes 1-2 days to even pick up the specimens. I’d love feedback from someone that has done the test Walgreens (or CVS) Anaheim.
The city hall one is pricy but 1 hr results...
I don’t know. We will likely have a car for a day for sightseeing so was looking into the pharmacy testing too.

I checked Walgreens near Disneyland, none do the NAAT test but they do the RT-PCR tests. Unlike the NAAT rapid ID test, it says results not guaranteed in time for travel and processing time varies. You can only book a day or two ahead of time.
The forms does ask for either your insurance or state DL# to book. That is different from the form in Florida.
Let’s say the passport # is accepted (I didn’t try to submit the booking) my biggest worry is how long will results take?
We have to go test on Saturday 21st, we travel back to Canada 23rd in the late evening, will we get our results by then? I saw one of the labs takes 1-2 days to even pick up the specimens. I’d love feedback from someone that has done the test Walgreens (or CVS) Anaheim.
I don’t know. We will likely have a car for a day for sightseeing so was looking into the pharmacy testing too.
To be honest, I wouldn't do Walgreens in that time frame. It's a little close for comfort. If you could go 72 hours before, than yes, but less than that, maybe not.

And I know it says the time isn't guaranteed.....obviously to save a lot of complaints for unforseen delays in testing. But you can click on the link to the lab they use and see the turn around times. I linked it in a few posts above😉

Wouldn't you be able to test on the 20th? 72 hours out. What time is your flight? Edited to add...just saw you said late evening. That does make it tough for you!

To be honest, I wouldn't do Walgreens in that time frame. It's a little close for comfort. If you could go 72 hours before, than yes, but less than that, maybe not.

And I know it says the time isn't guaranteed.....obviously to save a lot of complaints for unforseen delays in testing. But you can click on the link to the lab they use and see the turn around times. I linked it in a few posts above😉
Wouldn't you be able to test on the 20th? 72 hours out. What time is your flight? Edited to add...just saw you said late evening. That does make it tough for you!

I just called 2 Walgreens locations in Anaheim and both said they only do the PCR test and it’s taking on average 72 hrs. They said it can take 3-5 days but generally 3 days.

Yes... we pretty much HAVE to test on the 21st in the morning or later... we have tests booked at CVS but the city ball ones are probably most stress-free.

Yes... we pretty much HAVE to test on the 21st in the morning or later... we have tests booked at CVS but the city ball ones are probably most stress-free.
Yep I'd definitely go with City Hall for your peace of mind! Our flight is at 2:30pm so we're able to test the full 72 hours out but I think we've pretty much decided we're going to go with City Hall for DD and I.

I just called 2 Walgreens locations in Anaheim and both said they only do the PCR test and it’s taking on average 72 hrs. They said it can take 3-5 days but generally 3 days.
I was going to add before, we had to get tested in Orlando at the end of January to come home. We went Thursday morning for tests for flights that left Saturday at noon. We were cutting it close.....but made it. I suppose any test has the chance to not be back in time, even if you pay $150 for it. Or worse yet, the chance of coming back positive. For us, we will save the $600, and risk going for the free Walgreens test. Then we have $600 to use if heaven forbid we need to make alternate plans if one of us tests positive, or end up having to take an extended tour up the Pacific Coast Highway all the way back home 😂 Why not! We've always wanted to do that drive😂

Last edited:
A bit off topic but not really. Any of you live in Quebec? If so where did you get you pre-departure test? I'm travelling at the end of october by car (please open the borders already). I'm researching where I can get a test before entering the US and there's not a lot of info out there. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter