Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this threw a wrench into today haha. Booked All Star Movies (our first real value stay!) 8/17because the rate was so cheap. Can cancel if we don’t make registration. We shall see!

Well this threw a wrench into today haha. Booked All Star Movies (our first real value stay!) 8/17because the rate was so cheap. Can cancel if we don’t make registration. We shall see!
How cheap? My pass holder discounted room at Pop was $125/night (approximately). Way more expensive than 4 years ago there (and more expensive than movies last November).

Arriving on the 23rd. Now I don't have to do anything Star Wars. Feeling bad for DH but relieved for myself. Of course, he can battle the level 10 crowds on the 28th.

Seems like the slots on the 17th and 18th are going to go very fast (no surprise there since they're on the weekend and easiest to plan around).

May see if I can get a time towards the end of the AP event and do a quick down and back before my "real" vacation starts on Aug 25 - was hoping they'd overlap, but at least I can finish planning that following week without the threat of an AP preview being dropped into the mix.

How cheap? My pass holder discounted room at Pop was $125/night (approximately). Way more expensive than 4 years ago there (and more expensive than movies last November).
$113 which is on par with some of the off site hotels in the area. I booked one night at pop last year for $97 a night but that’s as cheap as I’ve ever seen.

Here’s a random question, does this mean soft openings that whole next week? We won’t make it down in time for AP previews but thinking we could get into a soft opening? When do they usually do the media day?

Same for me. I have a 3-year-old with an AP. But my husband has his own MDE account, and my son is with me. So if I can do all 3 of us at once, fine. If not, I'll get my son and me in first. And then my husband in his.

I reached out to the AP Facebook page. This was their response:

Perfect. Though we are still waiting for more information and registration details, all Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders will have the opportunity to register for a preview time slot on a first-com, first-serve basis.

Here’s a random question, does this mean soft openings that whole next week? We won’t make it down in time for AP previews but thinking we could get into a soft opening? When do they usually do the media day?
media should be the last week before the opening. There is always a chance for soft opening but I wouldn't plan on it.

I booked the airfare back on 2/1 and the reservation for SSR back on 2/19 for exact arrival on 8/17.
Now I am totally stressing that I won't get the email and this will sell out in minutes.

I wish there was an AP preview on the 11th- would make my life a whole lot easier😂

But alas that is not the case. It would have been nice if they were like ‘pick either the 3rd, 11th, or any day between the 17-21. That would have been better haha!

What does everyone think about a child under 3? I’m assuming I can just bring them if I register myself, husband and 5 year old?
The wording in the site says “a guest” not one guest so I’m thinking families are fine and you will be able to register entire family at the same time as long as the accounts are linked.

What does everyone think about a child under 3? I’m assuming I can just bring them if I register myself, husband and 5 year old?
The wording in the site says “a guest” not one guest so I’m thinking families are fine and you will be able to register entire family at the same time as long as the accounts are linked.
For the Pandora preview, we were able to bring our daughter who was 1 at the time.

YMMV.

We are there with a planned HS day 8/20(no AP)- will we be able to go that day to the rest of the park with the preview going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter