Angelrose's Journey

Thank you dazedx3. I try to be strong, but it does get harder the older I get. But with all you wonderful people here to root for me, I know I can be as strong as I need to be.

Hello, Angelrose! Wow, I just read through this entire thread tonight. You definitely have been on a journey and you seem like an amazing lady! My prayers are with you and I will be thinking good thoughts. Take care.

I'm sending you positive uplifting prayers. Waiting and worrying is the worst. I've always read your thread and amazed at the strength and grace you have shown as you have had to learn and grown in a sudden new way. I hope nothing but the best for you.

GrumpyGal said you could use some funny or inspirational stories so I will tell you about two things that happened on my recent trip to WDW.

I was with my niece, who is a young adult, and we are waiting in the line to see Ariel because there is a photopass photographer with her. She says to me, "I wish I had done something better with hair today - its so messy looking." I look her straight in the face and reply, "That's all right, its not like you are going to get your picture taken." The cast member waiting to show us to Ariel, actually started laughing. That is when I realized the craziness of what I had said.

Same day, we are now in Disney Springs at Goofy's Kitchen spending some of our snack/meal credits (because trading a meal for three snacks is a wonderful thing). I did not realize it but she ordered two of the customized Mickey head rice crispy treats. I was sitting in my wheelchair looking into the window that shows the cast member making the treats. I must have been watching a little intensely because the cast member looked up and asked me if she was making my order. I said no, I just liked seeing the different choices people make. I moved away to join my niece and she was standing at the spot where you pick up your finished creations. The same cast member came over and showed her the two treats I had just watched being made and started bagging them. She asked my niece if one was for me and my niece said no, that her aunt did not like all that extra stuff on the ears, not even just the dipped chocolate ears type, only just plain. I said that summed me up pretty well, just plain. The cast member grabbed the plain Mickey ear treat that they use as the base of the customized ones, bagged it just like the decorated ones and said, "Mickey likes just plain people too." and would not let me pay for the ears. It was very special.

I will also add you to my prayers.

Good morning Mary! I just looked at the calendar (oct 25) so only 2 months until your FAVORITE HOLIDAY!! It will be here before you know it!!:love:

Hope you are having a FABULOUS day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter