Angelrose's Journey

Oh sweet Angelrose ...I’m sorry to hear you’re having to worry right now. I will say a prayer that all will be well for you. The waiting is the worst part! Keep busy and think positive knowing things aren’t always as they seem to be.
Biggest hugs xx

Oh my goodness! So many prayers and good wishes. I am indeed blessed. Thank you all so much. I never knew so many people read my thread. It's overwhelming and there are tears in eyes.

Tiggerish thank you for the funny stories. I can use them for sure at this time.

Thank you as always minnie56.

Right now I'm thinking about starting to decorate for Christmas starting on November 1. That will keep my mind and hands busy so I won't have time to think bad thoughts.

I just read the entire thread...I came through it almost feeling as if I knew Ron through you, and you through your posts. Angelrose, you are funny, strong, and determined. At least that's how you come through. I'm sure you will beat this if it comes to it. I'll keep up with the thread now to see how you get along. I had precancerous cells on the surface of my uterus, and elected to have a complete hysterectomy at age 47. The hot flashes can be annoying, but luckily, besides the frustration of becoming a touch forgetful, I'm doing well. I will pray for you in my daily Rosary, if that's okay with you.:)

Thank you BlueStarryHat. I appreciate the compliments. Since I am 72 I've already gone through the hot flashes (with me I was always just HOT) and some days I'm not sure whatever I came into the room for. My best was finding my toothbrush in the fridge. Can anyone beat that? LOL Thank you also charming23 and Planogirl. I know I will come through this just fine. With all these prayers and good thoughts, how could I not?

We can't wait to hear about your grandkids and Halloween! And by they way, how's the temptation with the Halloween candy?:tongue: Hopefully you have more restraint than we do at my house!

Thank you BlueStarryHat. I appreciate the compliments. Since I am 72 I've already gone through the hot flashes (with me I was always just HOT) and some days I'm not sure whatever I came into the room for. My best was finding my toothbrush in the fridge. Can anyone beat that? LOL Thank you also charming23 and Planogirl. I know I will come through this just fine. With all these prayers and good thoughts, how could I not?

I’ve found my teapot in my fridge! I say my memory is so bad, I could plan my own surprise party!

Grumpy's Gal Since I don't give out candy at my house, I don't have too much of a problem. I give out the candy at either Chuck's house or their friends house. It's the friends house this year. Now I'm not saying that some Kit Kat and Twix don't magically jump into my purse and my tummy, but I'm usually pretty good. I will try and post pictures of the grandkids in their Halloween costumes as soon as I can.

minnie56, I hear you! LOL But I sure can remember what happened when I was a kid. Just not what happened this morning.

Update, I will find out the lab results on the 13th. Now 13 is my lucky number so I'm sure I will be able to handle whatever it is. That is also my grandsons' birthday, so another good sign. I can't believe he's going to be 10 and almost as tall as me! Of course that is not saying much. I'm only 4'10 and shrinking fast.

Wow, Mary. I don’t check the DisBoards for a while & I see your news! You've handled everything life throws at you so far, you’ll deal with this! I have faith in you!

I’ll be sending you good vibes

Angelrose, praying for you that all will be ok. You have a fighting spirit and surrounded by a loving family to get you through this plus all of us here.

Thank you minniecarousel. I'm going to try my best. I guess it's the not knowing that gets to me sometimes.

Thank you wishesuponastar. I need all the prayers and support I can get. I so appreciate everyone being here for me.

Mary, I have followed your posts since you lost your beloved Ron :sad: I have really enjoyed all your Disney World trips and because of your wonderful trip reports, I feel like I know your precious family :love:I cannot believe how big Jesse and Zoey are getting and it seems just like yesterday that you were announcing Zoey's arrival! Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you as you battle this new challenge :hug: Your fabulous zest for life, your amazing family and your many friends will carry you through this next chapter :grouphug:

Thank you so much mlittig. My family while totally crazy like me, does everything for me. I don't know what I would do without them. My friends here mean everything to me. I know whatever happens I will get through it somehow.

Thank you for your prayers mousefanmichelle. I so appreciate it.

I have leggings that have witches riding though the night sky and a Disney Halloween sweatshirt. That's it, but I will be sitting outside giving out candy covered with my jacket and my pumpkin decorated throw blanket. Chuck and Karen don't dress up. It's going to be in the low 50's so everyone will be wearing jackets. We do dress up when we go to Disney for the Halloween parade. Karen and I dress up like pirates, the kids dress up as whatever they like and Chuck wears his pirate t shirt. LOL

This year Zoey will be dressed as Rainbow Dash and Jesse will be a Ninja. I will post their pictures as soon as Karen posts them.

I hope you had a nice day yesterday. A bit cool but nice out. Cool in the shade and beautiful in the sun! I have a ton of candy left. We were not home. We met my son and the grandchildren (3 yr. old and 6 month old twins) at my daughter-in-law's mom's house. We all met there so they did not have to make three trips (her parents, us and uncle). I should have taken the candy with me and handy out like you did Mary.

I forgot to mention - I was keeping up with you in the beginning and then life happened (we had so many deaths in my immediate family and good things, weddings/grandchildren, daughter CP Program/Disney - another day). I am up to page 114......
Not sure if you are still near Smithville - I was just there for Italian Festival Weekend for the first time about a month ago. My daughter has made a few trips over the years. What a quaint little town.
We both have the same birthday :)
I wrote down the Irish Soda bread recipe someone here wrote down :)
If you are still in your house (from when you started the thread) - I was curious if you always had water - you never decided to do waterproofing?
I just discovered Storybook Land - my friend takes her grandson. We need to take the grandchildren there next summer and LOB too!!
Weight and Hot Flashes - I have those issues too :crazy2:
Your grandchildren are adorable
You have an awesome son and daughter in law!
Can't wait to catch up to now........things have been just too hectic here the last few years. Plan on reading a few pages a day....lol
Enjoy your day!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter