Angelrose's Journey

Hi AnnaS. Sorry for your losses. I did have a lot of fun yesterday. The kids all looked great and Karen was so cute. I'll try and post pictures sometime this week. I had on my Yeti hat from Expedition Everest. It kept me nice and warm. I gave lot lots of candy and around 7:30 Karen and the kids came back and she took over so I could go inside. They started giving out handfuls of candy so they could come in too. LOL It was a fun evening.

I do still live in the same house near Smithville. We did waterproofing when we built. But when the water table is very high, it comes in from the floor even though it was waterproofed. It doesn't happen often thank goodness.

I missed the Italian festival this year. I usually go, but I was just too tired to go.

We used to take the grandkids to Storybook Land quite a bit. Especially at Halloween, Christmas and Easter. Christmas was the best and Santa and Mrs. Santa were there to take pictures with the kids. It's a great time to go with all the lights and everything. Sadly both Jesse and Zoey don't want to go anymore. I think they have outgrown that.

I do have an awesome daughter in law and son. I am so blessed.

Thank you. My sister was the hardest.....

So I guess the french drain around the house, or whatever it is called, would not work :(

I give you a lot of credit for posting pictures. I barely know how lol. I can just imagine how pretty Smithville must be for Christmas. Must look like a picture postcard. Might take a ride one night for the holiday. Have your grandchildren ever been to Land Of Make Believe? Maybe a change of pace. It is geared for children also. They have expanded over the years and added a few things for the adults. You can bring your bathing suit too!!!

I took off Saturday. I don't go back in until Tuesday - "if" there is any candy left, I will bring it to work then.

Gotta go catch up some more :)

My son showed me how to post pictures. I have to take them from my ACDC file and post them in Shutterfly and then I copy the URL and then when I post on here I do a couple of things, paste and then there it is. I'm sure that information was very helpful. LOL Sorry.

I will have a few pictures from Halloween that I can post hopefully this weekend.

They start having lights on the lake at Smithville around Thanksgiving. They are timed to music and is very pretty. I drive by there occasionally and love to see it. They have a website that you can see exactly when things are happening.

Can't wait to see your pictures!

What was the favorite costume you saw?

We had about 100 trick or treaters. My favorite was a little girl in a pink fluffy robe and slippers. She had curlers in her hair and little cat stuffed animals safety pinned all over her! She had cats coming out of her robe pockets. She was a CRAZY CAT LADY! It made me laugh!

Oh my favorite was this little girl, barely able to walk with a bunny outfit on, complete with a puffy tail. She just looked so adorable I had to give her extra candy.

I guess we had a little over 100 or so. I'm a big baby and I don't like the scary costumes. One was a scary clown, he only got one piece of candy. I think I'm a mean old lady. What's worse, I don't care! LOL

Let's see if I remember how to post pictures.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Me wants CANDY!!!!!!!

enhance

Jesse the Ninja

enhance

Zoey is Rainbow Dash

enhance

Jesse, CJ, Zoey and Ben

enhance

Karen and her flock of flamingoes at home

enhance

Those are great!! You can tell Karen has such a good personality!
Your grandkids are getting SO grown up!! I guess that means we are all getting older too!
Thankfully we didn't have any scary clowns. That would bother me!

So, Halloween is over. Is it time to start thinking about :santa:?

Thanks Grumpy's Gal. Even though the grandkids are getting older, I am NOT getting older. I remain 5 years old! LOL

Karen has such a great sense of humor. She and Chuck torture me to the ends of the earth. LOL I laugh from the time I walk in the door until I leave.

I started decorating for Christmas on the 1st. As I was putting away Halloween decorations I was putting out Christmas decorations. I do enjoy decorating the house for all holidays. I can only manage to work on it for an hour or so a day so it takes a long time. Chuck is going to get some things down and set up for me tomorrow.

Hi! Great pictures! Just want to add my thoughts and prayers that your test results are good. You continue to be an inspiration, keep decorating!!!!

Thanks snappyd. I try not to think about it but somehow that doesn't work. This weekend is Jesse's nerf gun birthday party. Yes I have a pink nerf gun to use and I will be shooting as fast as I can. With my aim, I'm sure to hit the grass. Did I ever tell you the story of me shooting at a squirrel with a bee bee gun? Well, this squirrel was eating all the seeds I put out for the birds and destroying the feeder. So I decided I was going to scare him off with the bee bee gun. So I started shooting. The pellets hit the sidewalk nowhere near the squirrel. So I got closer.....and closer. FINALLY I hit the squirrel....on his toe. He shook his toe, looked at me with a pathetic look on his little face and went on eating the seeds. I looked up and Ron was watching me out the window laughing hysterically. I gave up shooting at that point. I switched to hot pepper seeds. The birds loved them, unfortunately the squirrel loved the Mexican food as well. I just gave up feeding the birds after that. Me 0, squirrel 100.

Hahahaha! You're so descriptive! So the squirrel won that one!

Loved the Halloween pix.

We have been having a trying time with Ben lately. He didn't have the Terrible Twos, so he's having the Terrible Threes! Everything is "why, why not, I don't want to, I want to"! Since my husband retired, we're trying to figure out the logistics. Ben is here two full days & 2 half days. But, we've had two great days so far this week...whew! I like to say that he's fun & funny!

Still sending out good thoughts for you Mary.

Thanks minniecarousel. I had a lot of fun on Halloween.

Jesse and Zoey also had the Terrible Threes. For that matter so did Chuck. They are just trying out their independence. As good as that sounds, it's enough to drive you up the wall. Jesse had one tantrum that went on and on. Chuck went and got his water gun, calmly went into Jesse's room and squirted him right and proper. LOL It shocked Jesse so much that he stopped crying immediately. As bad as that sounds, it was the right thing to do. Sometimes they can't stop the tantrum on their own. That was the last tantrum Jesse had. That is until recently. He was grounded and no electronics for a week. The worst part for him was having to tell me why he was grounded. Zoey still has them occasionally. Why? She was told she had to finish her dinner. Unless it's French fries or PB&J she doesn't want to eat. She's 7 and still doesn't like to eat anything. Hopefully she will outgrow this soon.

There is hope at the end of the tunnel. LOL

Thanks for the good thoughts. I'll need them.

Those are fabulous pictures, Mary, thanks for sharing.
Let's see if I remember how to post pictures.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Me wants CANDY!!!!!!!

enhance

Jesse the Ninja

enhance

Zoey is Rainbow Dash

enhance

Jesse, CJ, Zoey and Ben

enhance

Karen and her flock of flamingoes at home

enhance

Hello my friends. I went for my colonoscopy today. Have any of you ever had one? Starting Tuesday I could have breakfast and lunch and then by 2 I had to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate. That wasn't too bad. But I was in the bathroom more than I was out. Wednesday, I could only have clear liquids and I had to drink a whole big bottle of iced tea with two weeks supply of Miralax in it. Talk about fun. No liquids after midnight. My procedure wasn't until 2:30.

Joan picked me up and noon and we did some shopping and then got to my appointment. I only had to wait about 15 minutes and then I hear...."Mary Bown, come on down". LOL YAYYY I won a colonoscopy. I get undressed and put in a bed. Then they try and find a vein. I haven
t had anything to drink 15 hours plus I'm a red head and we tend to have tiny veins. Why were they so amazed when they couldn't get it in the first time? She blew one vein but got it in on my other hand.

The doctor came over and asked how I was feeling. REALLY? I haven't eaten in over 50 hours, I haven't had my morning coffee and I've had such a close relationship with my toilet that we are now dating! He laughed and said, "But other than that? LOL I was rolled into the other room and went night night. I woke up still alive and had to wait for about 15 minutes until they were sure I wasn't going to keel over. I got dressed and then Joan came back to keep me company until the doctor came over with the results. I only had one polyp which they took out and sent for biopsy but it looked good to him. I have diverticulitis. Yeah, he told me what that was, but since it wasn't fatal, I forgot what he said.

He also said that he couldn't feel the mass. So maybe that is good news on that front.

Joan and I went and had ice cream and she drove me home. I ate everything for dinner that wasn't nailed down. Plus plenty of water.

I survived another ordeal. I won't be doing that again for another 30 years. By that time I will be dead and it won't matter!

Glad you survived Mary. You have had them done before, yes? Too bad you did not have an earlier appointment. I always try to schedule early/first ones in the morning for everything (when possible of course).

I had my second one months ago. My first one was a little before reaching "50" - always have issues with my stomach. Love your synopsis (I think that is the word). The second time I went, they had a new prep for me to drink. Prescription Suprep Bowel Prep Kit. Absolutely disgusting and barely made it to drink the second dose. I told the doctor unless he has something better tasting, I would not be going back or will find a doctor that prescribes a different prep. He said this works best and maybe something new will come back when I go back. They did remove some polyps that are the pre-cancerous ones so I need to go back in three years instead of the normal five (like I did the first time). Hubby goes to a different doctor and uses the magnesium citrate also.

Another procedure out of the way for you.

Last edited:
Welcome to the colonoscopy gang! I had my first about 12 years ago & just had another one about 6 weeks ago. Glad that’s over with! I had to drink Suprep and was so desperate to be done with it that I slammed the last few gulps....and then it came up! Then I worried that I hadn’t drunk enough of it. But it was fine. Of course, the one hitch was the anesthesiologist told me I should be tested for sleep apnea! Oh great!

Glad to hear they didn’t find anything drastic. Sending good thoughts for further tests.

Thank you Grumpy's Gal. I am glad too. LOL

Thank you AnnaS. I think the stuff I drank was at least half way drinkable. I did have one 30 years ago. The procedure itself is not bad, it's what goes before. Emphasis on the goes before.

Now for something fun to look forward to. Jesse's 10th birthday party on Sunday. It's going to be a Nerf gun party. Yes I will have a pink Nerf gun to use. He only invited boys with a couple of girls. I plan on giving as good as I get. For a short time only. Then I will retire to the house and read my Kindle away from the mayhem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!