5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Cruisers!

Hey, how often do I get to be the first to say that??

Dunno if we have anything in the way of groceries like that. Used to be either too many or run out completely kind of thing, now it's take a peek either the night before or the morning of going to the store along with a small whiteboard up on one of the kitchen cabinets to write down anything we ran out of during the week.

Now just a reminder for the new cruisers.

We have a website that has all the really important info for meeting other Dis cruisers druing the cruise here:

Unfortunately, some things are done.

But the deadline of May 7th for getting buttons and being listed in the mini-nav is coming up quick!

Hustle up recent additions to this blabbermouth crowd!

MarkRG said:
Good Morning Cruisers!

Hey, how often do I get to be the first to say that??

Dunno if we have anything in the way of groceries like that. Used to be either too many or run out completely kind of thing, now it's take a peek either the night before or the morning of going to the store along with a small whiteboard up on one of the kitchen cabinets to write down anything we ran out of during the week.

Now just a reminder for the new cruisers.

We have a website that has all the really important info for meeting other Dis cruisers druing the cruise here:

Unfortunately, some things are done.

But the deadline of May 7th for getting buttons and being listed in the mini-nav is coming up quick!

Hustle up recent additions to this blabbermouth crowd!

I'm impressed. This is the first time I remember you being the first postere of the morning. Congratulations. We now expect it from you each and every day. :lmao:

sportsmmkc said:
Thanks again for the many welcomes. We have DD10, DD9, DD7 and DD6.

Adding another welcome....I'll trace back to your original post...no DD, or DS...but have a DHH --- "Disney Hedgehog" :wave2:

kikipug said:
Jim- I think you'd agree that JB's website makes it look like a more 'upscale' establishment than it is... ya gotta kick the cats off the picnic tables sometimes. :rotfl2:

But the food is delic!!!!!

Good luck with the milestone today....Wish I could compete....

:flower1: Good morning cruisers! :flower1:

Happy Tuesday!

Jim I don't think you will see Mark as the first poster of the morning very often - at least I hope not because it means he was up overnight. Lots of heavy winds last night and we were up at 3 am. I went back to bed first but Mark thought it was a good time to post and he did post some very important info.

MickeyMo'sBo said:
Okay - did find this from the malaria section of the CDC website:

Mexico: Risk in rural areas, including resorts in rural areas, of the following states: Campeche, Chiapas, Guerrero, Michoacán, Nayarit, Oaxaca, Quintana Roo, Sinaloa, and Tabasco. In addition, risk exists in Jalisco State (in its mountainous northern area only). Risk also exists in an area between 24° north and 28° north latitude and 106° west and 110° west longitude which lies in parts of the states of Sonora, Chihuahua, and Durango. No malaria risk along the United States-Mexico border. No malaria risk in the major resorts (that is, resorts located in urban areas) along the Pacific and Gulf coasts, although tourists should use insect repellent and other anti-mosquito measures.

Still catching up --- thanks--- after the teunus shot has migrated up to my neck, I am having second thoughts about any other vaccine........

CajunGirl2 said:
Oh ... sort of medical question for those drs., nurses or others who have been through this. Ashley got her fingers smashed in the door when my parents were here ... bad grandparents!!! Anyway, her nail is coming off. I know, GROSS!!! Last night Bruce trimmed it as far to the cuticle as he could. Is there anything else we need to do? Will the new nail just push the "unglued" part up as it grows out? It gives me the creeps every time I think about it.

Ang

Poor bby - I am sure she will be ok -- but this is one of those rites of passage...all kids must lose at least one nail - honest - it is in the Big Book of Rules.

Still catching up and helping to get to a milestone.....

CajunGirl2 said:
We ran in to a family that has done DCL multiple times. She recommended a Bullfrog spray-on sunscreen for the girls. She and her DD have red hair and are very fair skinned. Anyone else ever use this?

Ang

On my list for the cruise is waterproof sunsreen...as you all know what I used last time toasted me - as it did not stay on......sorry I could not read all the posts - was this an A+ recommendation???????

scuba diver said:
No reservations for JBs, but I will call down to let them know we are coming and to find out if they have rock shrimp. I will need to know who is coming.

Early is better on Friday night. It will also let people get back to their hotels before to late.

Is 4 PM okay?

Lisa is currently scheduled for the gym so she and Sharon will not be there.

ount us in - Sam - Irene and HEDGIE!!!!!!

ohiominnie said:
What's that number 52606? That's over 14,800 posts in the next 30 odd days. That's over 490 posts per day!!!

IMHO is we get anywhere CLOSE to that this is going to be an EXTREMELY boring thread. I, personally, like to follow what's going on in ppl's lives---laugh with them, cry with them, pray for them....but with over 490 posts a day there will be too much to even wade through (especially if the server is as slow as it is today) and all the parts that make this group special (the bonds of friendship) will be lost just to get to a certain magic number.

Hey, I may be odd man out thinking like this, but I dread the thought of losing the friendships just because shameless post boosting take precedent over relationships.

Stepping down off my soapbox now.

Must leave and get ready for work - must leave and get ready for work.....cannot post 490 posts today...... :crazy:

Disney Fans said:
I know its been a few weeks since I have been able to read or post on the DIS board. It just seems crazy right now and we were all sick off and on too! I bet I have missed a BUNCH of stuff!! :listen:

If you have any good highlights of whats been said please feel free to share! :rolleyes:

I hope everyone is doing well and Can't wait until the trip!!!! :banana: :cool1:

Welcome back! :wave2: Yes, we were wondering if we'd scared you off! :lmao:

Sorry to hear y'all have been sick. Better to get all that out of the way BEFORE the cruise. There will be no time for illness on the cruise. ;)

I always check Mary's site after being gone for awhile. She's GREAT about keeping things updated & keeping us organized. :thumbsup2

Most of us are in *packing mode* and "can I find a swimsuit; will it be here on time" mode....... :eek:

chip&dale&fun said:
Poor bby - I am sure she will be ok -- but this is one of those rites of passage...all kids must lose at least one nail - honest - it is in the Big Book of Rules.

Still catching up and helping to get to a milestone.....

Right after that rule - is the rule all kids must have one trip to the emergency room...

RachelTori said:
I always check Mary's site after being gone for awhile. She's GREAT about keeping things updated & keeping us organized. :thumbsup2

Thanks - we do try and keep it up to date so that no important dates get missed.

Having said that and backing up what Mark said earlier I'm getting on my soap box for a moment:

We set the cut-off dates we do because of the work it takes to get the buttons and navigators ready and also to get them shipped out. We do this as our gift to everyone and to make the DIS group an easy to recognize and fun group.

Every cruise we have done this one someone has come to me after the cut-off and asks for a button. In one case the person had posted right after two of my reminder posts so I know they were on the boards. When I said production was done they threw a fit in pm.

So I'm giving everyone a warning now. If you haven't given us your infomation we need it no later than May 7th.

If we don't have a room number for you we will not make you buttons or add you to the list (sorry but we've been burned by making buttons and then no one picking them up...at least with a room number we can drop them off.)

If you e-mail me but I don't recognize you from the thread you won't be put on the list either. This is supposed to be about DIS friends - not some stranger none of us have ever "met". I know we have some very new people - in fact I had invited DVCDebb over from Cruise Critic. Yet they have all posted on the thread and introduced themselves and that is all we ask.

So that is it. If any of this makes people upset I'm sorry. Sad to say at least once each cruise someone is upset by it. Bottom line you have a little less than 2 weeks to get your info in to me. If you have been lurking up to this point now will be a good time to introduce yourself to the group and get to know each other.

Stepping off my soapbox now. :thanks:

ohioMickey said:
that's not how Mowana remembers it

Welcome back!!!

Loved your commentary about carnival rides... (I know, I know, it was about mumps... but the carnival ride comments hit home... ask my kids how many carnival rides I've ever let them go on... ZERO... and yes, they wear bike helmets, too... even though they are the only kids in the neighborhood that do!)

Keep up the great work!!

kikipug said:
Welcome back!!!

Loved your commentary about carnival rides... (I know, I know, it was about mumps... but the carnival ride comments hit home... ask my kids how many carnival rides I've ever let them go on... ZERO... and yes, they wear bike helmets, too... even though they are the only kids in the neighborhood that do!)

Keep up the great work!!

No carnival rides here either - grandparents may sneak a few for the kids during rodeo time...Besides their questionable looking upkeep, they're so expensive...And we all wear bike helmets - on bikes and on scooters...we all wear helmets while skiing too...

Reminds me when Mike was a preschooler - he was our self proclaimed safety patrol...He would loudly proclaim " Mommy, they're not being safe..." if he saw anyone without a helmet on a bike or roller blades. we did have a man circle back and ask why Mike thought he wasn't being safe....

mickeymo said:
Right after that rule - is the rule all kids must have one trip to the emergency room...

I'm done then. Ashley had a trip when she was an infant ... flu. Emily had her trip last summer when she split her lip. Hopefully that rule is 1 trip and not "at least one trip."

Ang

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter