5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.... Shelby has posted the thread for the 9 and unders....

It is titled Tag-A-Longs Double Scoop Group.... May 27, '06

She is eagerly waiting to become the top thread!! princess: :teeth:

When we looked at it this am before school she asked why she was not on top where she was last night when she posted. I explained that she had to keep writing and get lots of other kids to write then it stays on top. She then looked at me and said "So let's get posting. How many do I need to do to be in first place?" AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!! :rotfl2:

So let this be a lesson to you all.... This is how addictions get passed through the family! :rotfl:

Dancind said:
Balsamic vinegar. We have enough to last for the next 20 years.

Mustard. Went to the store on Sat. & couldn't remember if I needed another. Now we have an extra in the pantry. Happens all the time in our house!

Ang

My mom said that she thought we had the mumps when we were little. I'm not so sure. I surely hope I don't get it. I haven't heard of any kind of outbreak in our area. But, guess you never know what you can pick up on a cruise.

Ang

We won't be joining everyone at JB's or Grill's. Have a great time everyone! We'll have to meet everyone for the first time at the meet on the ship.

We decided to go ahead and pull Emily out of school on the last day. We may drive to Valdosta on Thurs. & spend the night. Then on Fri. we'll drive to my sister's just north of Orlando. We'll spend the night there. She's having a girls night with her friends that night and wants me to tag along. Looks like I'll be going to see Mama Mia the night before the cruise. The kids will have time to play with their cousins. We'll just leave her house at 10:00 or so on Sat. so guess we'll make it to the port around 11:00.

Ang

chip&dale&fun said:
On my list for the cruise is waterproof sunsreen...as you all know what I used last time toasted me - as it did not stay on......sorry I could not read all the posts - was this an A+ recommendation???????

9 summers in the Texas sun.... cost... a few freckles
5 cruises.... cost... we don't talk about that
countless trips to Schlitterbahn and assorted water parks.... cost... we really don't talk about that!!

Bullfrog.... PRICELESS!!!!

It is great! All I use!! Oh except on the girls faces around the eyes... baby stick that does not burn the eyes. princess:

mickeymo said:
No carnival rides here either - grandparents may sneak a few for the kids during rodeo time...Besides their questionable looking upkeep, they're so expensive...And we all wear bike helmets - on bikes and on scooters...we all wear helmets while skiing too...

Reminds me when Mike was a preschooler - he was our self proclaimed safety patrol...He would loudly proclaim " Mommy, they're not being safe..." if he saw anyone without a helmet on a bike or roller blades. we did have a man circle back and ask why Mike thought he wasn't being safe....
Alicia is doing a similar version now with her pre-driving/paying attention to the other drivers.

The other day, we were driving along and some guy changes lanes in front of us and then makes a right turn without signaling. Alicia gets all huffy and exclaims: "Nice signal buddy!"

I have to grin! :teeth:

kikipug said:
Welcome back!!!

Loved your commentary about carnival rides... (I know, I know, it was about mumps... but the carnival ride comments hit home... ask my kids how many carnival rides I've ever let them go on... ZERO... and yes, they wear bike helmets, too... even though they are the only kids in the neighborhood that do!)

Keep up the great work!!

Thanks for the feedback! With the cruise approaching, I figure I'd better hang out here some. That way I'm not left out of the dinner conversations. :)

tinksdad said:
Alicia is doing a similar version now with her pre-driving/paying attention to the other drivers.

The other day, we were driving along and some guy changes lanes in front of us and then makes a right turn without signaling. Alicia gets all huffy and exclaims: "Nice signal buddy!"

I have to grin! :teeth:

Sometimes my DS 9 says the same thing, he will see someone move change lanes or stop quickly to turn and I will hear it...nice turn signal what are you doing...I try not to laugh to hard...this is the same kid who plays the NASCAR video game just so he can crash out all the other cars......and he can not figure out why we will not let him race for real at the local quartermidget track...other than DW would shoot me...

Well, it should get interesting here in a bit. The siding salesman is coming over so we can "discuss" some things. Namely, we do not want the shutters he got for us. They are too small for our windows. He told me the other day they either need to be a little too small (about 1 1/2 inches) or too big (by about 3 inches) because that's all the company makes (Alcoa.) But a little internet research proves him wrong---Alcoa makes shutters in one inch increments!

Plus, he is telling us he'll need to charge us extra for the playhouse shutters....but according to the contract, shutters for the playhouse are "included" and any change in the price of the job needs to be put in writing.

I'm so glad Mike is home this morning. The salesman better get here before he has to go to work!!

Come on Kevin....move to Ohio. I'll make you cookies....weekly!!!!! :lmao:

gptmba said:
What's wrong with the spray and the sport versions? Just curious! :thumbsup2

It dosen't seem to stay on as long or as well and it is also alot harder to spread and get really good coverage. Also it really burned some bug bites DD7 had scratched when we were applying one time... Looked like child abuse at my neighborhood waterpark :rotfl:

A friend of mine has a theory about alcohol that helps it dry faster???

Keep in mind I am all about the easy... I want to re-apply as little as possible :smooth: I like the good creamy stuff that sinks into their poors and you have to take a long shower to get it off!!!

Coachpug said:
......and he can not figure out why we will not let him race for real at the local quartermidget track...other than DW would shoot me...

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

DBCS said:
It dosen't seem to stay on as long or as well and it is also alot harder to spread and get really good coverage. Also it really burned some bug bites DD7 had scratched when we were applying one time... Looked like child abuse at my neighborhood waterpark :rotfl:

A friend of mine has a theory about alcohol that helps it dry faster???

Keep in mind I am all about the easy... I want to re-apply as little as possible :smooth: I like the good creamy stuff that sinks into their poors and you have to take a long shower to get it off!!!

Drinking alcohol makes the sunscreen dry faster??? ...:rotfl:

ohiominnie said:
Well, it should get interesting here in a bit. The siding salesman is coming over so we can "discuss" some things. Namely, we do not want the shutters he got for us. They are too small for our windows. He told me the other day they either need to be a little too small (about 1 1/2 inches) or too big (by about 3 inches) because that's all the company makes (Alcoa.) But a little internet research proves him wrong---Alcoa makes shutters in one inch increments!

Plus, he is telling us he'll need to charge us extra for the playhouse shutters....but according to the contract, shutters for the playhouse are "included" and any change in the price of the job needs to be put in writing.

I'm so glad Mike is home this morning. The salesman better get here before he has to go to work!!

Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid weekly cookies would change my "girlish" figure!! :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

ohiominnie said:

I had a coworker who received a cll from a siding company and was told the salesman had driven by his house and it was a good candidate for siding, so the coworker (being a smart a**) told him well if you have seen my house send the guy right over so I can place the order....obviously telemarketers do not hear that too often, the sales guy drove 2 hrs to get there and the coworker laughed at him, since he lives in a log home!!!!! I do not think he gets telemarketing calls anymore

scuba diver said:
We need to make sure DS and your DH get together. DS is trying to figure what branch to go. I'm sure DH will be glad to sway him.

ARMY BABY!!!!! Most slots for pilots.... most helicopters!! And a beautiful fun filled year at Ft. Rucker, AL. :cool1: :rotfl2:

DH also just told me Coast Guard is actually a better assignment with more modern equipment and they have alot of choppers but not as many as the army. Not as many kinds of aircraft -- no gun ships-- but also no getting sent to the desert. :goodvibes

tinksdad said:
Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid weekly cookies would change my "girlish" figure!! :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

There goes Kevin ....getting in touch with his feminine side again! :lmao:

Coachpug said:
I had a coworker who received a cll from a siding company and was told the salesman had driven by his house and it was a good candidate for siding, so the coworker (being a smart a**) told him well if you have seen my house send the guy right over so I can place the order....obviously telemarketers do not hear that too often, the sales guy drove 2 hrs to get there and the coworker laughed at him, since he lives in a log home!!!!! I do not think he gets telemarketing calls anymore

:lmao: :lmao:
Good one.

A long time ago I had a telemarketer call me about installing all new windows in my "house." Since I was bored, I played along. Asked all kinds of questions. Sounded really interested. Then told them I REALLY want new windows....(long pause) but I'd have to ask the landlord if I was allowed to do that in my APARTMENT!! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter