2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

In the past, the Toontown Pre-Party has been a mixture of character meet and greets and trick-or-treat stations. You can get a lot of candy from the treat trails (there were trails through Minnie's house, Mickey's house, and Donald's boat in the past). The characters (usually some mixture of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale) come out in different costumes that what you'll find during the day and at the party. I've found that there is a good mixture of guests of all ages in Toontown during the pre-party.

Yes, that helps! Thanks! How long do you need to stake out a spot in front of the castle to view the fireworks? Longer than an hour?

We've never tried for in front of the castle, just because it seems like it fills up so quickly and we don't want to devote that much time to it. I would say they probably start staking out seats at about 1:30-2 hours before. Since they're party-exclusive fireworks, they're pretty popular. If this might be something you want to do, maybe walk by the area every so often to get a feel for what the crowd is doing. Once people start staking out space, I think it fills up pretty quickly after. You might be surprised and be able to find a good view close for it!

CS! No time for TS! (If someone in your party really wants TS, I'd suggest the latest reservation possible at Café Orleans, looks like that's one hour before park closes to general public, and sitting outside so you can still get the party atmosphere while dining.)

Thank you!! That is what I was thinking. We could eat a late lunch since we are not going to the park till 3pm anyways.. I do love the idea about Cafe Orleans thought we had a great meal there last time...

Thank you!! That is what I was thinking. We could eat a late lunch since we are not going to the park till 3pm anyways.. I do love the idea about Cafe Orleans thought we had a great meal there last time...
We did Café Orleans on Dapper Day, sitting outside on the patio next to the railing we were able to see everyone in their outfits so we didn't feel like we lost anything by taking the time to do TS that day. It would make a great late lunch idea on a party night!

Mine is now gone, there is no temp left just the transaction . So that took a week because I bought our tickets at 12:30am the day they were released...

We are trying to decide what to do for dinner that night, book a table somewhere or just grab something as we go... I know we want to see the parade and fireworks so not sure wasting time on a sit down is worth it.

Any tips?

We always arrive the full 3 hours before the party starts. During that overlap time when there are regular day guests and party guests (3-6p or 4-7p depending on your party date), it's so crazy crowded that the last thing we want to do is wait in line for any ride. Instead we use the time to have dinner -- Plaza Inn (QS), or Cafe Orleans (TS), or Blue Bayou (TS/package) -- and then walk around and take pics, enjoy the decor, etc. Once the crowds start winding down close to the party start time, we go on rides, see the parade, fireworks, etc. We grab snacks throughout the evening as we start to get hungry again. That way, we don't use ANY party time to sit and have a meal. We just grab and go. Hope this helps :flower3:

Mine is now gone, there is no temp left just the transaction . So that took a week because I bought our tickets at 12:30am the day they were released...

We are trying to decide what to do for dinner that night, book a table somewhere or just grab something as we go... I know we want to see the parade and fireworks so not sure wasting time on a sit down is worth it.

Any tips?
We usually grab fried chicken at Plaza Inn around 5:30. Nice and filling and lines the stomach in preparation for candy!

Where is the best place to sit for the parade? My mom and I are dying to see the headless horseman!
Anywhere along the parade route is fine. I would just make sure you're able to see as far down the route as possible (i.e., don't be on the inside/blind side of any curves in the route that might limit your visibility).

We will be arriving the night before our party date so we will definitely be go into the parks that morning, too. I like the idea of doing a late lunch, but we will probably want to work it around a rest and swim time back at the hotel. Are all the usual churro and popcorn carts are open during the party?

I can't remember for sure, but I do think some of them stay open throughout the party. Some of them will close before the party ends (I know the one in NOS closed about an hour before the party ended last year). Although, by that time, you might have enough candy and other snacks (if you go trick-or-treating) to eat if you can't find an open churro/popcorn stand. I'm pretty sure Jolly Holiday stayed open until closing (or nearly closing).

We will be arriving the night before our party date so we will definitely be go into the parks that morning, too. I like the idea of doing a late lunch, but we will probably want to work it around a rest and swim time back at the hotel. Are all the usual churro and popcorn carts are open during the party?
I don't remember seeing all of the popcorn stands open but I do remember the one near HM being open in the past couple of years. If I remember correctly the one at the front of the park is closed as that area is a trick or treat trail. Sorry that's all I really remember.

Any tips?

So happy yours had cleared !! Still waiting .....
I did a Friday party last year which officially started at 7pm , we made a 6pm res at Cafe Orleans which was great , we finished just before 7 and found a great trail getting ready to open in New Orleans Square so jumped in line and then straight to HM!!
This year we are going to a Wed party , we are having a late lunch at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen then will prob just grab some snacks in the park when we get hungry - I'm thinking a corn dog is sounding pretty good!!

Probably against my better judgment, we got party tickets for 10/31 - it will be my husband and I, 3 little kids (6, 4, 1) and my parents. Considering the $$$ I feel obligated to make sure my husband can't roll his eyes at me afterwards for buying them. Haha. Any good general itineraries for the party? Toontown pre-party is probably a must, parade, treat trails. Rides are a bonus for the kids, adults can do them after kids are asleep in the stroller.

I would wait on the treat trails until the second half of the party. The lines seemed markedly shorter after fireworks. In general, the second parade is also less busy than the first, but with little ones, it might be hard to keep them awake that late. Last year, the first parade was at 8:30 pm, the fireworks were at 9:30 pm and the second parade was at 10:30 pm (regardless of when the party started).

Sorry if this has been asked before (if so could you direct me to that thread or if early, etc.. in this one) but what are all of your favorite Halloween Party meet and greets? Any tips for the meet and greets?

From last year's guide:
  • Disney Pirate Pals - Donald, Pluto, Chip & Dale in pirate costumes. Maybe also Peter Pan, Wendy, and Captain Hook in the area near the Columbia/Mark Twain dock.
  • Disney Princesses - I think these are mostly similar to ones you find during the day.
  • Disney Villain - Some can be found during the day (e.g., Cruella, Evil Queen), while others are party exclusive (e.g., Malificent). This is one of the most popular M&G, but they do have to cut the line off during the parade.
  • Friends from Aladdin - I think these are mostly similar to ones you find during the day, but it might be Prince Ali instead of Aladdin (Genie and Jasmine possibly).
  • Jack Skellington & Sally - Same as during the day.
  • Mickey & Minnie - Different costumes than during the day.
  • Toy Story Pals - Didn't see these (not sure where they were or who was out).
  • Winnie the Pooh and Friends - I think they had Halloween outfits, but I don't know if it's unique to the party.
  • Star Wars Launch Bay - Same as during the day.
There were also characters at the Toontown Pre-Party. I recall seeing Mickey (Zorro) & Minnie (Candy Corn), Donald (Wizard) & Daisy (Cowgirl(?)), Goofy (Candy), Chip (Police) & Dale (Robber), and Pluto (Candy Corn Collar). Many of these characters were out at other locations during the party in different outfits.

If they toon-town pre-party is it worth checking out if your group is just adults or is it seriously geared towards young children?

Hubby and I made sure to do the pre-party and lined up probbaly 30-40 minutes early and it was one of the best choices we made!
We got amazing photos and Mickey even made fun of my husband's costume prop - He was dressed as Link from legend of zelda video game and I bought this prop sword online and it was more like a child dagger size made of foam oam so it made for some epic pics and the interaction was fantastic! We got pics with goofy too and the lines moved very quickly and did the treat tails which go on forever there , soooo much candy and so much fun , it was our first party but it was amazing.

Are there always two parades? If so, is the first from IASW to the hub, and the second one back? How soon after the (first) parade are the fireworks? And last ... are there any projections on IASW for the fireworks, or only on the castle/hub?

Trying to figure out where to be that might be slightly less crowded.

Was wondering about the parade route as well! Also in regards to costumes, if my son wears a Groot or Rocket or Spider-Man costume will they allow the face mask for that costume? The eyes will be visible but it does cover the face. Starting to get ideas for the party! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter