(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying for the first time in november. Just wondering, outside of the monorail hours, what's the best way for getting to other monorail resorts? Taxi? We won't be driving. Can you walk to any?

Staying for the first time in november. Just wondering, outside of the monorail hours, what's the best way for getting to other monorail resorts? Taxi? We won't be driving. Can you walk to any?

Walking is your best option to Poly... it's a 5-10 min walk depending on your speed. It's a beautiful walk. You could also hop on the MK boat (the boat goes in a GF-->-Poly-->MK--GF loop).

You can't walk to CR. Two options would be 1) taxi/uber/lyft or 2) boat to MK and walk to CR.

Thanks again. Just thinking about late nights when we'll be trying some of the lounges in other resorts and how is best to get back. I guess taxis from contemporary won't cost much. Do you know is the only way to get to or from wilderness lodge via the boat or could we get taxi there too?

Walking is your best option to Poly... it's a 5-10 min walk depending on your speed. It's a beautiful walk. You could also hop on the MK boat (the boat goes in a GF-->-Poly-->MK--GF loop).

You can't walk to CR. Two options would be 1) taxi/uber/lyft or 2) boat to MK and walk to CR.
Can you still get boats late at night? Or is taxi the only option?

Ok good to know. Sure there'll be a few nights we are out later though. I believe in November mk hours are a little shorter.

From GFR you can walk to POLY and TTC. You cannot walk to the Contemporary Resort except from Magic Kingdom Park and vice versa.

Not sure of the water taxi hours, but they are probably similar or the same as Monorail hours. Uber or Taxi might be your best bet.

Ok good to know. Sure there'll be a few nights we are out later though. I believe in November mk hours are a little shorter.

Well, November has some party nights, which end at midnight. I suspect the hours you see now for non-party nights could be extended a bit... Disney has been waiting until about a month out to update park hours lately.

FWIW, there aren't that many MK resort options past 10PM, but you might already know that. Trader Sam's, The Wave bar, Territory Lounge, Geyser Point (I think), Mizner's Lounge. I think that might be it?

Have fun!

Remember everyone who has a trip coming up~ most the Park security checkpoints have changed. They check at your Monorail Resort, Water Taxi & TTC area before coming into the park.

If walking from Contemporary Resort to Magic Kingdom, they will check further back from park entrance. Metal detectors are everywhere and bags checked more thorough. All for our safety!!!! Security everywhere, more than I've ever witnessed & I was happy to see it!!!

FWIW, there aren't that many MK resort options past 10PM, but you might already know that. Trader Sam's, The Wave bar, Territory Lounge, Geyser Point (I think), Mizner's Lounge. I think that might be it?

Have fun!

Yeah, for the night or two we might drink locally that will be enough. We just love exploring the other resorts. We're coming from England so really make the most of it every time. Got a night planned for disney springs too which we are really looking forward to.

We're down to 12 days away! Woo Hoo! Has anyone ever asked for an upgrade to CL at check-in and been able to swing it on the fly? I'm not talking about a comped one....but paying extra to upgrade from a standard room? I was considering asking for my DH and I if the difference wasn't too outrageous. I know most of the resorts are filled up, so it's a long shot. Just wondering if anyone has every done this with success? I would've just booked a CL room originally, but they weren't available with the discounted travel agency rate. It won't disappoint if it can't happen, just thinking about it. :)

I upgraded at the POLY to club level, I tried to pre-book CL, as that's what we usually stay, but it was sold out for the full length of my stay (Week of July 4th). When I arrived at check-in I asked if any availability in CL was going to open during my stay and they said "Yes! Stay in standard room tonight and one will be available the rest (6more nights) of your trip, plus, give me about $850 more bucks!" Woot!

I upgraded at the POLY to club level, I tried to pre-book CL, as that's what we usually stay, but it was sold out for the full length of my stay (Week of July 4th). When I arrived at check-in I asked if any availability in CL was going to open during my stay and they said "Yes! Stay in standard room tonight and one will be available the rest (6more nights) of your trip, plus, give me about $850 more bucks!" Woot!

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I will give it a try, and if it's not available, or too expensive, no big deal. Just wondered if it had worked out for anyone....so that's encouraging.:thanks:

It is getting real now......only 2 more weeks. Everyone at work is already panicking because I will be gone for 10 days :scared1: Sucks to be them :p :lmao:

So excited!! I can't wait to pull up in that Magical Express bus and step out at the GF, breathe in that beautiful scent, and gaze upon the fresh flowers throughout the resort on the way to our resort room. Ahhhh.......

The ceiling fans were absent in our first (2 nights) Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf "marina view room." But our "turret room" (5 nights) had one in the turret part of the room. (July 2017) They were upgrading Big Pine Key when I was there!
So sad about the fans :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter