(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they added a little shelf and now and include USB ports in addition to new outlets. I cannot confirm if the fans are being removed, but its happened at Poly and Yacht Club so I fear its happening/will happen here too.
I love the fans!! I don't like my room freezing cold, a nice 70 works for me with the addition of fan for air movement.
Hate that fans are disappearing. And the light fixtures they replace them with are ugly!! At Poly fans really worked with resort theming. Ugh.

Thanks so much, I will definitely pm you if I think of anything. We actually rented a gorgeous home 20 minutes from the falls in Canada in the cutest town. I hope the weather stays warm they want to do Maid of the Mist or the Horn Blower!!! Anything else we should definitely see?

Totally agree with Logpey but we like #4 because there are only people on one side you, its the most requested cabana of the all, but sometimes I get lucky and get it. But 3 is awesome too!
We did the Horn Blower which was FAB. We got a card including entry to most of the main things. Walk behind the falls, also, the trail along side the river leading up to the falls, and some other bits and bobs. There is a cable car over the basin you can ride. We had dinner at the Skyline revolving restaurant. We also took the helicopter ride over the falls which is very quick and conveyor belt ish, but a wonderful photo op.Have a great time! Oh, and There are fireworks and a light show some nights over the falls too.

I believe the rooms are getting subtle "enhancements" like at the other resorts. I know the hutches on the tv units are being removed so a larger model can be directly mounted to the wall. I assume the ceiling fans are also being removed.

Ohhhh Noooo!! Another vote for needing the fans!!! If they do that I am going to have to freeze my family out with AC. I have to have the air move a little while I sleep!

We did the Horn Blower which was FAB. We got a card including entry to most of the main things. Walk behind the falls, also, the trail along side the river leading up to the falls, and some other bits and bobs. There is a cable car over the basin you can ride. We had dinner at the Skyline revolving restaurant. We also took the helicopter ride over the falls which is very quick and conveyor belt ish, but a wonderful photo op.Have a great time! Oh, and There are fireworks and a light show some nights over the falls too.

Thank you thank you. I just found the package that includes all that. Now I am just hoping for warm days and blue skies. The town we're in is St. Catherine's, the house is beautiful and town even cuter. The only thing now is that they want to drive, :drive:which is a 7 hour trip. They want to rent this really cool van with 18 bucket seats and we're only 11 so we have plenty of room and the company will definitely make the trip go by faster. But I am not a long car ride person but EVERYONE wants to do this but me!!:sad2: I think I am going to have to give it a try, I keep telling my DH I might fly home!!:rotfl2:

View attachment 256779 View attachment 256777

You're welcome! I know how much pictures mean to me when I'm obsessing over a vacay.
I usually book everything in advance of trip, but I actually played it by ear this time, which for Disney isn't the best idea, but It worked in my favor. I literally booked two days before use and they had other availabilities as well. I suggest booking in advance if you already know what day you will need.
(The two pictures are to show you that cabana 4 is way too close to the restroom area and the area with steps is (next to my son) near cabana 1, it's kind of hidden and crammed in a corner) some peeps might like that though;)

I selected Cabana 3 because it is somewhat in the center of the cabanas (2&3 are) and has an unobstructed pool view towards lagoon and it's not crammed against the restrooms, nor the steps. If you like privacy, then Cabana 1 would be your fave. You can request which one you want, but just like room requests they are not necessarily guaranteed. Enjoy your cabana day! They are my family's favorite days..

Thanks for the quick reply and the additional pictures! I can't wait for my "cabana day!"

Help!

I am looking to see what time Happily Ever After is on October 9th and I don't see it anywhere. It says the park closes at 7:00, then there's the Halloween Party. Does that mean it would be around 7:00?

Help!

I am looking to see what time Happily Ever After is on October 9th and I don't see it anywhere. It says the park closes at 7:00, then there's the Halloween Party. Does that mean it would be around 7:00?

If it's a party night, then there won't be HEA, only Hallowishes later that night.

Thanks for the help, do you know what time that usually is? Or when that will be released?

Hallowishes was at 10:15PM last year. Not sure if they've announced the time/schedule yet for this year? I haven't followed the party updates closely.

The ceiling fans were absent in our first (2 nights) Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf "marina view room." But our "turret room" (5 nights) had one in the turret part of the room. (July 2017) They were upgrading Big Pine Key when I was there!

Hallowishes was at 10:15PM last year. Not sure if they've announced the time/schedule yet for this year? I haven't followed the party updates closely.

I thought I saw 10:00 but your probably right. Happily Ever After is only on Wednesday of that week. I've never gone or seen WDW for Halloween, I didn't realize how that all worked. We're going to be at California Grill that evening and I think we might be able to catch the fireworks right before we leave.

Thanks for the help.

I thought I saw 10:00 but your probably right. Happily Ever After is only on Wednesday of that week. I've never gone or seen WDW for Halloween, I didn't realize how that all worked. We're going to be at California Grill that evening and I think we might be able to catch the fireworks right before we leave.

Thanks for the help.

FWIW, (in my opinion) Hallowishes is an amazing show to watch from outside the park, be it at CR, Poly, GF, etc. They do 180 degree perimeter shots at certain times in the show which in some cases out better seen outside the park than in. If you can swing it in your schedule, I'd definitely try to be somewhere with a good view and good sound.

The ceiling fans were absent in our first (2 nights) Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf "marina view room." But our "turret room" (5 nights) had one in the turret part of the room. (July 2017) They were upgrading Big Pine Key when I was there!

Since you could see that BPK was having work done when you were there.....Was it closed to guests or were there guests in BPK during the reno work?

FWIW, (in my opinion) Hallowishes is an amazing show to watch from outside the park, be it at CR, Poly, GF, etc. They do 180 degree perimeter shots at certain times in the show which in some cases out better seen outside the park than in. If you can swing it in your schedule, I'd definitely try to be somewhere with a good view and good sound.

Sounds beautiful, we'll stay at CR and wait for it or if its early We'll shoot back to GF to see it. Thank you so much!

Absent too, when we were there in May---same room SL "marina view".

We're down to 12 days away! Woo Hoo! Has anyone ever asked for an upgrade to CL at check-in and been able to swing it on the fly? I'm not talking about a comped one....but paying extra to upgrade from a standard room? I was considering asking for my DH and I if the difference wasn't too outrageous. I know most of the resorts are filled up, so it's a long shot. Just wondering if anyone has every done this with success? I would've just booked a CL room originally, but they weren't available with the discounted travel agency rate. It won't disappoint if it can't happen, just thinking about it. :)

Did they send you a confirmation as soon as you booked it or just before your trip? I booked a cabana for 9/15. I was given a confirmation number over the phone, but never received an email? Wondering if I should call and request one? I like things in writing in case something gets mixed up.

I received that every day I had a cabana book for in May. The email was delivered the day before the cabana was scheduled for, not 180 days out when I booked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter