(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is it to rent a cabana? Sounds relaxing and fun.

I just searched and found the answer. For those who have rented a cabana, did you do half or full day. I think I might do 10am to 2pm. I don't think we would stay around the pool the entire day and think 4 hours is enough. Did those who rented one enjoy it?

Last edited:
What Lisann said, people were stealing them :sad2: I don't understand it either. If items are missing why wouldn't they send a bill. And really, if you can afford to stay at GF you can afford to buy the dang pillow!!
Yeah and I thought they used to sell the pillows in the gift shop? And why then leave the couch ones?
Plus, wouldn't they also get rid of the robes.

Could it be bed bug related? Gross I know still?

Yeah and I thought they used to sell the pillows in the gift shop? And why then leave the couch ones?
Plus, wouldn't they also get rid of the robes.

Could it be bed bug related? Gross I know still?
Noooo, not the robes!! I love having them and one less thing I have to pack. I'm still not over removal of fans!!

@GADisneyDad14 , HAHA! I've been eyeing the Poly CL, too, but don't like that a balcony isn't guaranteed (from what I read)!

Aloha....We usually stay at the Polynesian club level in the Hawaiii building. We've stayed there six times CL and always received our request of ground floor! Third floor has balconies and you can walk right into the third floor of the concierge lounge. Second floor has no balcony, but you can open the sliding glass door like you would if you had a balcony and the bonus is that you can walk right into the main food area of the club lounge. The first floor has patio area and is convenient to the rest of the property! I love the Poly's homey laid back vibe... Mahalo!

The tv console looks like it is being cut and a larger tv is being mounted directly to the wall with the addition of more outlets.

YES! Disney has to know when things go missing after certain guests leave. Sad they are gone. Back in December we only had the runners and not the red and gold bed pillows. Guess we can expect less in October.

I had the blue and gold "GF" pillows, just not these on my beds:
View attachment 258402

Yes, all the decorative pillows are throw pillows.
If it were a problem with stealing it seems like they would remove all the throw pillows, who knows. I think it's more of a problem with germs and/or cleaning (costs.) Simplifying things... A cleaner aesthetic!

Yes, all the decorative pillows are throw pillows.
If it were a problem with stealing it seems like they would remove all the throw pillows, who knows. I think it's more of a problem with germs and/or cleaning (costs.) Simplifying things... A cleaner aesthetic!
Then the sofas are riddled with germs. Let's just make it a hospital room.

Whether it's theft, or germs, or the convenient term that's now in use...'industry standard'...Disney can and should do better.

Whether it's theft, or germs, or the convenient term that's now in use...'industry standard'...Disney can and should do better.

The sofas, the remote, the floor and gosh don't get me started on the bathroom.(germ city) The sofa serves a purpose, the pillows, do not! I doubt the absence of throw pillows and ceiling fans, etc. will deter people from staying at the GFR or any other Disney Resort! I do however understand your point, albeit a bit gruff, but I get it.. Have a great evening.

Yes, the sofa is germy too. But the sofa isn't sitting on the bed. Decorative pillows and runners that literally never get washed are sitting on the bed. I can avoid a sofa. I can disinfect hard surfaces. Can't avoid germs from nasty decorative pillows and runners as they are sitting there right on the bed.

Everyone is different, but I'll take less dirty decorations on my bed over a pop of color any day of the week!

Aloha....We usually stay at the Polynesian club level in the Hawaiii building. We've stayed there six times CL and always received our request of ground floor! Third floor has balconies and you can walk right into the third floor of the concierge lounge. Second floor has no balcony, but you can open the sliding glass door like you would if you had a balcony and the bonus is that you can walk right into the main food area of the club lounge. The first floor has patio area and is convenient to the rest of the property! I love the Poly's homey laid back vibe... Mahalo!

@logpey , WOW! Thank you so much for your replies about both the GF RPC and Poly CL! Now I REALLY can't make a decision, haha! We've also looked at the WL CL Deluxe Room...
A balcony/ outdoor space is really important to us as our kids will go to bed early, and we want an adult space to talk/ eat nighttime goodies from the club lounge/ etc. It makes me nervous to take a gamble on that at the Poly (as we could get the second floor), but the Poly DOES look amazing!!!

Hello All!:wave:

Logpey - Love the pics, thanks!

Blueskies - Hello my friend, can't wait to see your pics, maybe one day we'll overlap!!

How much is it to rent a cabana? Sounds relaxing and fun.

I just searched and found the answer. For those who have rented a cabana, did you do half or full day. I think I might do 10am to 2pm. I don't think we would stay around the pool the entire day and think 4 hours is enough. Did those who rented one enjoy it?

Good Morning. We rent a cabana every other day during our stay and for the 10 - 2 shift. Sometimes if nobody is coming in behind you we get stay another 1/2 hour so if they attendant allows for that, but honestly we're usually ready to shower and hit the parks by then. We just love a slow relaxing morning.

@logpey , WOW! Thank you so much for your replies about both the GF RPC and Poly CL! Now I REALLY can't make a decision, haha! We've also looked at the WL CL Deluxe Room...
A balcony/ outdoor space is really important to us as our kids will go to bed early, and we want an adult space to talk/ eat nighttime goodies from the club lounge/ etc. It makes me nervous to take a gamble on that at the Poly (as we could get the second floor), but the Poly DOES look amazing!!!

I totally get it! That's our fave part & exactly why it's a must have on our Disney vacay's also! Have a great trip wherever you land your feet!

The sofa serves a purpose, the pillows, do not!
Everything serves a purpose in the room, or it should; even if it's just for visual pleasure.

albeit a bit gruff
Not being argumentative, but I don't believe my comments were gruff at all. Just stating that Disney can take this trend in rooms to a ludicrous point. I'm still going to vacation there, and understand the 'purpose' of the room, but it's disappointing "visually".

Last edited:
runners that literally never get washed are sitting on the bed
I totally agree about the runners! But my pet peeve with Disney, is that they can and SHOULD wash them! There is no excuse for them not to. They are small and just as flimsy as sheets, so there is no issue with the laundry warehouse not being able to have a plan for these runners. The cost is not a good argument either for not washing them, nor is the bleach issue (there are commercial products on the market to sanitize color fabrics). Now the bedspreads, that was a different matter (more fabric, more bulk, more suds, more time, etc.).

I don't know...I just feel guests should have a beautiful room while at Disney. There should be something really different about staying at WDW resorts...not 'industry standard'. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter