200909?? - Third Annual Fall ladies trip-Sept. 2009

3.gif

that's great geffric.

now that makes 3 of us that have booked!

so far I am bounced back for 9-28 to 10-11:goodvibes

Hi Everyone,
I returned on Sunday from a really great trip. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't typical Florida weather-it was in the 40s and 50s up until the last day when it went to 70. But other than that, I had a great time.
We went to every park except for the studios and crowds were very light during the week. On Saturday we began to see more crowds and so many S.American tour groups.
While my husband spent time in the room, I went over to Fort Wilderness and did the trail ride 3 times. If you have never done this, it is definitely worth every penny. The trail is beautiful and we saw many deer and an armadillo.
We also had some great meals at Artist Point, Tutto Italia, and Narcoosees. We had dinner one night at the Italian restaurant at Shades of Green. This was also very good and about half the price of a Disney restaurant.
Anyway, hope all of you are well and I'm looking forward to our trip in the fall.

pat, glad you are back and had a great time!

sorry about the weather you had.
i read on dis threads about weather complaints but was hoping it would be sunny and warmer for you and your dh.

i'm still looking forwards to our dis ladies trip.

Hi Pat,

Sorry to hear about the chilly weather!! Glad you had a great time and also great eating. I guess it is always a gamble when we venture to Florida in December or January. Looking forward to the Fall Ladies trip!!

helloooooooooo homies...........

i do want to check out the back stage tour on this fall trip.

it is the 7 hour tour of 3 of the parks.

Hi Mac! Didn't you go on the big DIS Ladies trip to Disneyworld in 2006 with Beth (MommaU4)? I think I met you on that trip!

Sahbushka (Sarah)

Hi Mac! Didn't you go on the big DIS Ladies trip to Disneyworld in 2006 with Beth (MommaU4)? I think I met you on that trip!

Sahbushka (Sarah)

Yes i was on that trip and so was Pat who started this thread.

I met you, your mom and g'mom then.

Nice to see you again sarah.

Hi Sarah,
I had dinner with you, your mom, and your grandmother at Boma the night before I left to go home. How are you? Feel free to join us in the fall.

Hello to everyone else. Hope everyone is surviving the winter and the terrible economy. I didn't see any drop in attendance when I was at WDW in January over MLK weekend. It started to get really crowded by Saturday.
Also, I went out last night with my sister, sisters-in-law, and nieces. We had dinner in Manhattan at a restaurant in midtown and then for dessert, we went down to Union Square to a restaurant that specializes in chocolate . Everyplace we went was packed with people. I guess there are still people out there who have money!!

Beth, did you ever hear from CarolynNC? Also, I hope you have fully recovered from your surgery.

i didn't hear from carolyn yet.

i will call and leave her another message this week.

we got more snow yesterday and again today.......it's still snowing here.
i think you might get some of what is hitting us this coming week pat.

i have looking at menus at places i have not been to before.
has anyone been to:
Jiko
Yachtsman
chef france?

can anyone tell me if they are great places for dinner?

Is anyone in the group planning on doing the DDP for our fall trip?

I booked last year before I checked out of the disney hotel with the bounce back program. It's a package with the dining included.

I know one in the group will be at the motherland before I go.
My first date of making ADR's will be end of june or maybe it is july 2....
i have to recalculate that.

Does anyone have places they want to be sure we hit and need ADR's for our trip?

Greetings.. I have good news.. a friend Marita maybe joining us.So MAC that is 5 for sure.....

She and I have been friends since our single days at Heather Ridge ( Gurnee). Anyway, I had breakfast with her this morning and she was moaning about lots of vacation and no one to do fun thinkings.. so since we are fun.. she is in.. She wants to do the dining plan too. She hasn't been to WDW since her kids were little.. and youngest son is a senior at Iowa.. so it is time to show her the adult part of disney.

I have been to JIKO and recommend it highly.. It is 2 TS credits though while Boma is 1.. Boma is a buffet and great opportunity to sample lots of different things.. JIKO is a menu but wonderful!! I was there with Daisy Duck ( Elizabeth), Cheshire Figment and 2 others whose name I forget.. but it was great.. A new restuarant will open due to Kadani village being open,, that maybe worth a try too.

Chef France was good. I had the cheese onion soup, veggie lasnagna,, It is another place to go on the dining plan.

I haven't been to Yachtsman - but it was 2 dining credits. Although the steak looked good. Have you been to The Wave? I was at the consourse steakhouse and thought it was good..

geffric, that is great you are bringing another on the trip.

woo hoo.......the more the merrier.....

some of the gals did the Wave last year but i took a pass on it.
don't remember where i went during that time.

i loved the food at the Concourse steak house.....
so sorry it is gone.

i thought of hitting one 2 ts places so i can use up my ddp.

Hello All,

Just wanted to chime in about restaurants. I had dinner last July at Yachtsman and it was delicious! The wait staff is very attentive but it is expensive. I did not use the ddp but I did use the tables in wonderland discount. I am staying in October using my dvc and find it is not worth it to purchase the ddp now that you have to pay the gratuity plus it is just too much food for me. Elaine

elaine, I have a free coupon for 2 adults for free dinner at O'hana this fall.
It includes gratuity and taxes besides the meal.
i have to call a special number in advance for the adr.

because of that, I was trying to find a place that would be 2 ts credits as i am on the ddp with the bounce back program.

there is no way I can use up all 9 ts credits in my stay with also getting the snacks and cs credits.

if no one in the group is interested in doing a 2 ts place, i can do that dinner solo. I just don't know which one to pick. I also don't know when to plan for it.
Once everyone is ready to talk plans on dining for the trip, I guess i can decide then what to do.

i do have another option of using it for a lunch and dinner and then just blow off one of the cs credits.

Beth,

Just a suggestion for a 2ts credit restaurant is Narcoosees. I had my birthday dinner there in July and it was spectacular! And I even had the slipper desert... all I can say is WOW! This restaurant is at the Grand Floridian so it is close to Magic Kingdom. Isn't planning half the fun? I have extended an invitation to a close friend of mine to join me in October but she needs to see if she can work out taking vacation from work at that time. Of course I still want to catch up with you and the group ... you gals were great fun last year and I am sure you don't mind one more in the mix. Elaine

We love having more join us.

Like I said before, the more the merrier!

No one would ever be left out in this group.
If we all can't be at the same place, we can still meet up for food and some rides.

There might be some that want to do one restaurant and others a different one.
Everyone will be welcome to go with anyone in the group.

We are just a laid back, easy going group of ladies that loves to be at disney.

When the time gets closer for all of us to leave, we can exchange cell numbers like we did last year.

I'm sure sometime this summer we will talk about days and food places and share our thoughts on what we want to do as a schedule.

Mac - I might be interested in the 2 TS restuarant.. I would love to try some of them and DH is not a foodie so it has no value for him..

Hi Everyone,
Beth, I'm always willing to eat at the 2-table service credit restaurants. I did the dining plan last year but I don't think I'll do it this year. I don't want to worry about using up all my credits-I usually end up eating more than I really want to.
Elaine, I agree with you about Narcoosees-The dinner I had there in January was better than California Grill. The Yachtsman used to be our family's favorite restaurant but lately I've felt it is overpriced for the quality. But I'm willing to try it again anyway!!
If anyone enjoys Italian food, I would love to go back to Tutto Italia-Also had a great meal there in January.
Well that's it for now. Hope everyone is well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter