200909?? - Third Annual Fall ladies trip-Sept. 2009

mum arrives at 4PM and I am home :sick: like really sick.. I tried everything to bring fever down but it is sticking around.... arrggghhhh any thouhgts on how can I get this temp down ??? I tried everything I know... advil.. theraflu even whiskey:lmao:

timmy, i am so sorry to hear you are sick again.
do i need to come over there and stick you in a tube of ice????
that will bring the fever down quickly.

i kid you not.
when my kids would get high temps, the doc said to ice them down for 5 minutes. we would stick them in the bathtub with very cold water.
then get them out and rub them dry with lots of towels.

then when the temps dropped, the tylenol was more effective.

if you put a very very cold wash cloth or ice pack on the back of your neck, that will do the same thing for helping to break your temperature.

do no more than 15 minutes on and then 15 minutes off.

switch off with tylenol and ibuprofen.
take tylenol and then 3 hours later take ibuprofen, 3 hours after that take the tylenol again.

that is what the hospital docs told me to do when i was released from the hospital after my surgery this past month.
do that for 24 hours and you should see results.

but, do the ice pack on the back of the neck first.

let me know if that helps.
also sip water while you have the temp.

if you have gatorade, that would be better.

you want to get the electrolytes back in your body. that too will help break the fever if you stay very hydrated.

timmy, i am so sorry to hear you are sick again.
do i need to come over there and stick you in a tube of ice????
that will bring the fever down quickly.

i kid you not.
when my kids would get high temps, the doc said to ice them down for 5 minutes. we would stick them in the bathtub with very cold water.
then get them out and rub them dry with lots of towels.

then when the temps dropped, the tylenol was more effective.

if you put a very very cold wash cloth or ice pack on the back of your neck, that will do the same thing for helping to break your temperature.

do no more than 15 minutes on and then 15 minutes off.

switch off with tylenol and ibuprofen.
take tylenol and then 3 hours later take ibuprofen, 3 hours after that take the tylenol again.

that is what the hospital docs told me to do when i was released from the hospital after my surgery this past month.
do that for 24 hours and you should see results.

but, do the ice pack on the back of the neck first.

let me know if that helps.
also sip water while you have the temp.

if you have gatorade, that would be better.

you want to get the electrolytes back in your body. that too will help break the fever if you stay very hydrated.

I did take a very cold shower but not for 15 minutes... temp did go down.. forgot about teh alternating advil.. tylenol thing... thanks I will do that... yes... ice pack on forehead and back of neck... the only thing I dont have/didnt get to do is gatorade.... been driking OJ and Ginger Tea though... dont like gatorade... and been eating cup of noodle soup:headache:

High-protein broth (chicken or beef)
Sugar-free gelatin
Sugar-free ice pops
Decaffeinated tea
Crystal Light
Sugar-free Kool-Aid
Sugar-free Tang
Juices you can see through

those liquids above will do the trick for getting electrolytes back in your body timmy.

when you get sick, it is always the time you don't have stuff in the house that you need. and then, you are too sick to go out and buy something.

that always happens here at our house.

i hope you start to feel better soon.
try the ice on the forehead and back of the neck.

timmy, how are you doing today?
get much sleep last night?

mum get in yesterday?

hope you are starting to feel better real soon.
:hug:

timmy, how are you doing today?
get much sleep last night?

mum get in yesterday?

hope you are starting to feel better real soon.
:hug:

mac.... homie... mum got off the plane an hour delayed... only mid Tuesday I start to feel better... thank god mum was jet lagged she didnt care anything but sleep... fever is gone and I am a new fan of mucinex D !!! great for sinus problems.. I am breathing clearly!!! I wish I have come across this miracle drug Sunday... thank you for the list... I did make the soup and did make jello I knew I was feeling much better when I started adding stuff with my jello like fruits and stuff :lmao: thanks homie...:hug:

and peeps.... I apologize for the :offtopic:

glad you are doing better.

now watch mum get sick.....:eek:

i was reading some reviews for the backstage tour.
on the allears site the last one posted was back in 02.

i googled the tour and did come up with more reviews.

i'm really leaning towards that tour on the next motherland trip.

did any of you read about a new dining reservation system that might be implemented for 09?

i read something about setting up the adr's on line.

read on wdwinfo.com it is official now for the adr 's

they can be made 90 days out and people on site can do the +10 again.

here is it:

Main Disney News Page
New 90 day booking window in effect for Disney dining
Dec 26, 2008

Disney has officially changed it's dining policy regarding restaurant reservations. Instead of a 180 days, the booking window has been scaled back to 90 days as of Dec 23rd. This also applies to recreation and tour reservations as well. The only exception will be Cirque du Soleil which will continue to accept reservations up to 180 days in advance.

Existing dining reservations are not impacted by this change, and those traveling on a 'Grand Gatherings' package will be able to book 180 days out.

i think it will be easier to get the homies together here and decide on places for the fall trip.

i will miss making the adr's 180 days out though.
it is a sure thing to lock in the places i wanted in the past in the old system.

there will be the free dining going on when we are there.
the bounce back goes up into october from the 08 booking packages.

i never did hear back from carolyn.
i need to look up her number and give her a call.

with this thread buried in the back pages, she might have missed it.

hope all of you had a merry christmas or happy hannuka

that's right..........it's less than a week away!

3.gif

Happy New Year to all!!

Just got off the phone with member services and I have booked my stay at Boardwalk for October 3 thru October 8.

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.

Let the PLANNING begin!! Elaine

Hi Everyone,
Happy New Year.
I haven't checked these boards very much lately. I bought myself a new phone for Christmas and I've been checking my emails on the phone and haven't used the computer much.
As soon as I hit the 7 month mark, I'll book my stay at the Beach Club if it is available.
I'll be going to WDW on 1/14 till 1/18/09 with my husband. Only a week and a half to go!! Are any of you planning to be there at the same time?
I'm a little anxious about this stomach virus that seems to be everywhere. I can't think of anything worse than being sick on a plane.

Hi Elaine, glad to see that you are booked!!!
Mac, I hope you have recovered from your surgery.

yup pat, all recovered and doing fine now.

since the new adr ressie system is in place, we have time to work on places for adr's and days we want them.

now we have 2 people booked for the fall trip....

yay.........:yay:

Have fun Pat with your Hubby! No other trip planned here.
You can always waitlist if BCV is not available when you do book at the 7 month window. If you do it then I believe it will come thru for you.

Mac, great to hear that you are fully recovered!

i almost forgot to say that also !!
thanks dislainey!!

Pat you always have fun in the motherland.
whoop it up again and enjoy the warm weather they have there.

good morning!!! :goodvibes I hope everybody had a wonderful holiday!!!:grouphug:

I booked.. yep I booked hotel and airfare..

I will be at WDW from 10/3 - 10/10..
POP for 1 night and then OKW for the rest..

geffric, i haven't booked the air yet.

did you get a good deal on yours?

which airline are you using and going out of ohare ??

MAC - I booked Delta from ORD.. with a stop. I had a free ticket.. so I used it to make the trip afordable..otherwise I usually take UAL from ORD nonstop.. but for free I stop..

I do hate stop flights as I worry I'll miss the connection..last time the family had a stop we were late and ran literally ran through the st louis airport to make the flight.. I had Geoff ( the xcountry runner) sprint ahead to let them know we were coming.. got there just as they were closing the doors.. said that is the last time I take a connecetion.. but the price was right.. then i have more $$$$$ for other things like MSNSHP and dinner ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter