2009 Annual Scrapping Challenge GOALS Thread--Set Yours Now!!

And I'm behind in updating AGAIN!! :banana: That's actually great news because it means so many of us are setting goals (and not that I'm REALLY slowwwwww!!)

I'll update us tomorrow when I finish out 2008's annual thread!! :)

I just barely found this board and I am so excited!

My scrapbooking goals for 2009:

1.Scrap more. Duh.
Specifically, I would like to get between 150 and 200 pages done.
2. Start and finish DH's Alaska album
3. The puppy pages. I've been dragging my feet on these. Everytime I think about doing them, she does something to make me mad so I work on something else. It got so bad my DH picked the paper. He really wants them done I guess.:rotfl:
4. Catch up on 2008. A lot happened this year and I have done very little to commerate it.
5. Take more pictures. I developed a habit of going places with people who have a camera so I don't have to take one. We've moved and I no longer have any friends close by. Time to step up to the plate.
6. Spend my scrap budget more wisely. Less Impulse!

That's it I think. Thanks for being here!

This year I want to finish my Oct '07 album. I've gone to Disney twice since then, will be going back for a few days in March, and am planning to take our 10 day Disney trip in Dec, so I can't keep falling behind on Disney trips! It would be nice to finish one of those other Disney trips this year, too, but I think that might be a tad ambitious!

I completed over 250 pages this year, so I'll set my goal a bit higher with 300 pages. It seems scary to put a number on it, though!

Oh, count me in on this one.

My goals for this year
* Finish all 2007 Vacations
* Finish all 2008 Vacations
* Start on my Book of Me
* Scrapbook for neice Emily
* Scrap/Stamp 3x a week
* 8 pages a month, 16 cards a month minimum
* Cull the extras in the studio. (I have a lot of stuff I will NEVER use - I have no idea why I bought it in the first place)

All of our goals are updated to here! Can you believe January is more than 10% over already? How are your goals coming?

I'll start the 2009 annual scrapping thread at the end of January! Keep that scrappin' going!! :banana:

Okay are you ready for this.... I have completed ONE page. And its for my CJ swap album.

I'm going to shoot for 100 pages completed in 2009. It's not that ambitious, but considering I've gone months without doing any scrapping I think aiming for 2-4 pages per week may prove a challenge for me.

Some of my goals for 2009 are the same as 2008 (since I didn't complete any this year.)
  • Do DSister's wedding album that I promised her when she got married. I guess it will make a great 10th anniversary present if I can get it done by August.
  • Finish DD's 1st trip to WDW (2007) album - my first digital album
  • Finish DS's 1st trip to WDW (2005) album
  • Make album for our cruise through the Panama Canal
  • Make family tree album for DSisters
  • Finish album started at GASC for DD's 1st year
  • Make matching 1st year album for DS
  • Finish DH's 1st Father's Day present
I think that's a good start. Now if only I can stay focused enough to actually get these done.
I'm going to change my goal for the year to
smilie-JournalingGenius.gif
Journaling Genius (300-399 pages). Considering I'm doing the Project 365 and I'm participating in the weekly DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenges, I should have no problem getting at least 150+ pages completed. And besides the goals listed above, I've got DH's birthday present in the works (his birthday was in November) and I'm planning to put together some small albums for DD's & DS's teachers before the end of the school year.

Hi all! One month down, 11 more to go. Has the other thread started yet because I didn't see it.

Anyway, here's how I'm doing:

46 pages complete in January, way more than I thought I'd do.

As for scrapping goals these are mine:

1) Finish Yellowstone: I'm about 1/4 way done.
2) Start & Finish Disney 2007:Not started.
3) Start & Finish Disney 2008: 1/2 way done and moving nice & steady.
4) Begin a baby book for my 3rd baby (she's two & I have no photos printed!): Still no photos printed
5) Organize & label my house with my new Cricut & vinyl: I've started sorting 8 years worth of clothing out. Still have lots to do on this front but am planning a yard sale in the spring so that will kick that seriously into gear.

In addition to those very solid goals I have made a few rules for myself:

1) Do not obsess, do not spend over an hour an any 2 page layout.: I'm doing excellent on this. I'm proud of my restraint.
2) Let the girls (6 & 8) scrapbook with me & keep yelling to a minimum.: Uhm, I'll admit it, there's been some yelling. But mostly we've scrapped in peace. :p
3) Make gifts for others & share the love of paper & food with friends & needy.: I gave away $200 worth of supplies (groceries/toiletries/cleaning supplies) to a friend whose dh has lost his job. And I gave away one glass etched project which I was proud of but I need to get into gear a bit more on that front.
4) Have at least 4 scrap parties where I don't scrap but just act as support for other newbies.: I'm in the planning stages of this. I hope to make progress on this this week.

On to February...

I finished 22 pages yesterday (saturday). Hopefully that counts for January. Now on the February.

WAHOOEYY!!! I have done 3 things on my list already!!

BTW, I'm going to attach this to post 1 in the 2009 Scrappy Challenge list so we don't lose it again.

I'm going to add to this/edit for sure, but here are my starting goals.

Overall pages - 500 pages. I met this in 2008, but I don't think I'll raise it.

Scrapping/Creative Goals:
- Deal with CKC Box o' projects - finish or strip down for parts Working on it
- Print pictures and finish ABC swap album
- Finish 2008 album DONE
- Keep 2009 album up to date Because it is Project 365, I am keeping it up to date
- Catch up on travel albums - WDW 10/07, 10/08, and any trips I may take in 09 (hopefully WDW 1/09 - fingers crossed) All in progress
- Scrap high school and college High School DONE
- Scan in all childhood pictures and negatives In progress
- Continue working on park albums, using swap stash
- Wall art projects for scrap room and girls' bedrooms
- Use stash instead of shopping - reduce overall inventory of my scrap room by half Doing pretty good on this! Completely reorganized too

Personal goals:
- Continue the "be healthier" plan I've been on for a few weeks of eating better and excercising Lost 25 lbs so far, but I've been slacking on going to the gym. Need to get back in that routine.
- Increase my cooking knowledge and skill
- Get house up to snuff: paint 3 bedrooms, hang photos and wall art in those rooms, deal with the disaster that is the cellar, continue to work on decluttering rest of the house, reorganize kitchen cabinets Bedrooms done, first floor almost completely decluttered. Kitchen and cellar on deck for the summer.
- Figure out our budget and get a better handle on $$ stuff

Thanks for bumping this up! I hadn't looked at this in awhile. I'm pretty happy with my progress, but I definitely have to to get going on a few things before we get to the year's halfway point!

I think keeping all of our goals together is easier.

This year I am going to go for completing 2 pages a day- 730 pages for the year. Since I am above that this year I think it is reachable. It puts me at Scrapping Princess.

My goals for 2009:
1. Pages: 2 pages per day/ about 70 per monthI have been keeping up with this one
2. Swap items- use at least 30 per month/ 360 during the year- 12 (Jan/09)
3. Stash- use up items before buying more- I should only buy things I don't have and need for a specific projectI am doing so so on this one- I tend to buy things I find at Big Lots when I see them
4. Cards- I am going to try and start making cards for others this year- I think my goal will be making 5 cards a month- I am going to try and use scraps for other things I am doing to make the cardsI haven't done this much but I did 5 cards in April
5. Wishblade File: 2 per month or 24 for the year- not including words
6. Techniques- learn/work on 6 techniquesI have to look bacck and count but I would say I am keeping up with this
7. Keep scrap area organized- I have things put away in a good way (if I don't buy more) but I need to keep things put awaystill working on this one
8. Use up class items before Orlando Expo in May 2009still working on this one
9. Use CPS pages as possible through year- don't sign up for any groups I haven't used the pages forI have done some- I need to do more
10. Swaps- only sign up for swaps that I can use/don't already have the items in the groupI am really bad about this- I gove myseklf and bad job on this one

Scrapbooks for Others:
ABC Easter Album for Elizabethdone
ABC Easter album for Lilydone
ABC Bible Verse Album for Ethandone
ABC Bible Verse album for Joesephdone
Number album for Sis's childrendone
Number album for Sis-in-law kidsdone
Dog Album for Mother in Law
Mini Albums for wee care teachers as end of year gift (3)done

Scrapbooking for Me:
1. Finish AK album- 3/31
2. Finish MK Album- 4/30
3. Scrap Labelle Youth pages- 2/28
4. Scrap Baptism for Myakka - 4/30
5. Finish MGM/DHS book- 9/30
6. Finish Labelle School album 9/30
7. Christmas 2008 pages by 1/31 (use CPS)
8. work on character book, food and wine book, eat around the world book, resorts book

I have done a lot for others and not so much of mine- I need to pull my pictures back out and work on that.

Rebecca

What a great idea. I'll be waiting to do my update for a bit. I haven't scrapped anything yet. Here's why: Its been 4 months since I had the baby. The entire time going back & forth to the doctors. Having weird swollen areas & infections, just feeling plain crumy, & being in physcical pain. All of this coming & going in different lengths of time. 2 weeks ago I went back in for surgery. The doc found 6-10 pieces of suture (I'm apparently allergic) & irritated skin in the area. They did a culture of the site. Culture came back & I have MRSA. Its a strain of bacteria that is antibiotic resistant. They never did a culture before. So, it seems that I've had this the entire time. So, I'm currently on my 4th round of antibiotics since the beginning of all this. I am feeling tremendously better & hoping to get back to the things I love.....scrapping is #1. Thanks for listening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter