2009 Annual Scrapping Challenge GOALS Thread--Set Yours Now!!

What a great idea. I'll be waiting to do my update for a bit. I haven't scrapped anything yet. Here's why: Its been 4 months since I had the baby. The entire time going back & forth to the doctors. Having weird swollen areas & infections, just feeling plain crumy, & being in physcical pain. All of this coming & going in different lengths of time. 2 weeks ago I went back in for surgery. The doc found 6-10 pieces of suture (I'm apparently allergic) & irritated skin in the area. They did a culture of the site. Culture came back & I have MRSA. Its a strain of bacteria that is antibiotic resistant. They never did a culture before. So, it seems that I've had this the entire time. So, I'm currently on my 4th round of antibiotics since the beginning of all this. I am feeling tremendously better & hoping to get back to the things I love.....scrapping is #1. Thanks for listening.

Oh good gravy! You poor thing!!!! I hope they have this all under control now... (or on the way to being under control). Glad to have you back!!

Oh my! I hope the Drs can get it all under control!

OT but I see you are going to WDW in Dec, when? We will be there from the 18th to the 28th at the Dolphin.

Oh my! I hope the Drs can get it all under control!

OT but I see you are going to WDW in Dec, when? We will be there from the 18th to the 28th at the Dolphin.

We were. I just changed my ressies to October 2-10 (free dining). I saved $400. Now I have an excuse to go back...I haven't been @ Christmas time. :rotfl::santa: Met w/ the doc today. She said everything looks great. I go in for a culture in 1 wk to see if the mrsa is gone. But, for the 1st time in 4 months I feel normal. :worship: Thank you all for the kind words. it has been a rough & difficult road. Thanks to GOD our littlest guy is a sweet baby. :lovestruc

rrbb said:
I'm going to shoot for 100 pages completed in 2009. It's not that ambitious, but considering I've gone months without doing any scrapping I think aiming for 2-4 pages per week may prove a challenge for me.

Some of my goals for 2009 are the same as 2008 (since I didn't complete any this year.)
  • Do DSister's wedding album that I promised her when she got married. I guess it will make a great 10th anniversary present if I can get it done by August.
  • Finish DD's 1st trip to WDW (2007) album - my first digital album
  • Finish DS's 1st trip to WDW (2005) album
  • Make album for our cruise through the Panama Canal
  • Make family tree album for DSisters
  • Finish album started at GASC for DD's 1st year
  • Make matching 1st year album for DS
  • Finish DH's 1st Father's Day present
I think that's a good start. Now if only I can stay focused enough to actually get these done.
I'm going to change my goal for the year to
smilie-JournalingGenius.gif
Journaling Genius (300-399 pages). Considering I'm doing the Project 365 and I'm participating in the weekly DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenges, I should have no problem getting at least 150+ pages completed. And besides the goals listed above, I've got DH's birthday present in the works (his birthday was in November) and I'm planning to put together some small albums for DD's & DS's teachers before the end of the school year.

I'm not doing too well on the original set of goals I set for the year, though I think I'm nearly finished scrapping the photos from DD's first trip to WDW (back in October 2007). I still have to figure out what to do about all the "stuff" collected, though. And I've done a few pages for a PC trip from last summer.

As for the updated list of goals, I pulled a few all-nighters in the last couple of weeks and completed books for both kids' teachers as well as a set of pages for DS's "Star of the Day" poster. Who would have thought I'd be staying up all night to work on projects for my 4 year old and 2 year old!!!!!

But don't ask me about my P365 album. I think I'm about 16 weeks behind on that one. :sad2:

with 2009 starting, I am going to join in on this goal setting (I just started scrapbooking in September):

Finish scrapping the following vacations:
Disney - 2000, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008 (2) - done with all but the 2008 trips
Cruises - E. Caribbean, W. Caribbean, Alaska, Mediterranean - done but a lot of work
Trips - Niagara Falls, Hershey, PA - had to cancel trip
Learn to incorporate stamping in my pages - started using stamping a bit on cards but not on pages
Spend less and use the stuff I already have more. - resistance is futile (this is HARD)
Try to attend one local crop or training each month. - so far I have been able to do this and learning a lot
Organize 6 boxes of photos and gather those together to get scanned so I can have digital versions. - finished the organization; now on to the scanning
I would like to average 2-3 pages per week. - this is hit or miss

Thought I would revisit this and see how I am doing.

I think keeping all of our goals together is easier.

This year I am going to go for completing 2 pages a day- 730 pages for the year. Since I am above that this year I think it is reachable. It puts me at Scrapping Princess.

My goals for 2009:
1. Pages: 2 pages per day/ about 70 per month-Since I have reached 1000 pages for the year this is going well
2. Swap items- use at least 30 per month/ 360 during the year- 12 (Jan/09)
3. Stash- use up items before buying more- I should only buy things I don't have and need for a specific projectdoing so so on this one
4. Cards- I am going to try and start making cards for others this year- I think my goal will be making 5 cards a month- I am going to try and use scraps for other things I am doing to make the cardsI made 5 cards (for a swap) in May and again in June and 2 cards at CHA
5. Wishblade File: 2 per month or 24 for the year- not including wordsI am getting at least 1 done a month
6. Techniques- learn/work on 6 techniquesI learned some neat oragami folds, using crackle paint, flip-flop albums, flower soft, alcohol ink on gloss, and embossing on acrylic
7. Keep scrap area organized- I have things put away in a good way (if I don't buy more) but I need to keep things put awayI suck at this but I am in the process of getting things back to useable again
8. Use up class items before Orlando Expo in May 2009I used about 5-6 pages I have done- I need to work on using up swap and class pages
9. Use CPS pages as possible through year- don't sign up for any groups I haven't used the pages forI made up about 10 pages but I need to do more of these- I plan on packing a bunch for SDV
10. Swaps- only sign up for swaps that I can use/don't already have the items in the groupI suck at this- I love swaps and the creativity of them- I did not sign up for AK though, since I had already finished that album

Scrapbooks for Others:
ABC Easter Album for Elizabethdone
ABC Easter album for Lilydone
ABC Bible Verse Album for Ethandone
ABC Bible Verse album for Joesephdone
Number album for Sis's childrendone
Number album for Sis-in-law kidsdone
Dog Album for Mother in Lawto be done at SDV
Mini Albums for wee care teachers as end of year gift (2)done

Scrapbooking for Me:not done so well- I will be packing up a number of these things for SDV and trying to get a bunch done then
1. Finish AK album- 3/31
2. Finish MK Album- 4/30
3. Scrap Labelle Youth pages- 2/28
4. Scrap Baptism for Myakka - 4/30
5. Finish MGM/DHS book- 9/30
6. Finish Labelle School album 9/30
7. Christmas 2008 pages by 1/31 (use CPS)
8. work on character book, food and wine book, eat around the world book, resorts book

I would say I have a good start on things- I need to make a list of Christmas gifts and figure out what I am doing and then pull things for those- I need to add 2 baby albums/items to the list to have done by the end of Sept.

Rebecca

Well, I need to sit down and work on this...but I wanted to get my spot so I can just find it on the first page! :)

I know my number one goal is to finish 2 pages per day like Rlovew.. that is do-able for me....

Thanks again SIOH for hosting this!!!! :)

Slowly working on my list..
These MUST be done by the end of 2008:
4- ABC books for Christmas presents (almost done, just last few photos and journaling) ~ Done!!!
DS12's 4-H pages brought current (needs about 30 mins) DONE!!!
DD15's 4-H pages brought current (have all photos and ribbons ready) DONE!!!

Goals for 2009:

2008 Christmas pages
Complete 3 paper bag albums of the Epcot adventure in June (have books just need to find the perfect photos from my collection) Done
DS8's school book caught up and current
DS12's start his school book and work on current pages as events happen
DD15's start her school book and keep pages current as events happen
DS8's bring current his Sports album (about 1/3 done already)
DS12's start sports album
DD15's start sports album
Family Album started for 2009 and kept current (scrapping every other weekend to do so)
2008 Family Album needs completed (have list of what I need to do)
DsS17's life and sport album for his graduation present
Complete DD's baby book that I started for her .... done by 10/20 (birthday present for her sweet 16)
Start and work on 2008 Disney trip (have things stock piled!)

Swaps will be pretty much NIL this year with many upcoming highlights in the family (i.e. DD license, '10 DsS graduates).

I know there will be more!!!

I have worked on a majority of these... and put dents into many of them...
I have goals set per month now....and those must be completed before I can move on to the following month. Now that the kids are returning to school I have time to focus on my scrapping. :yay:

I think keeping all of our goals together is easier.

This year I am going to go for completing 2 pages a day- 730 pages for the year. Since I am above that this year I think it is reachable. It puts me at Scrapping Princess.well over achieved this already

My goals for 2009:
1. Pages: 2 pages per day/ about 70 per monthmost months I did this- those I didn't I would say I made up for
2. Swap items- use at least 30 per month/ 360 during the year- 12 (Jan/09)I have over and exceeded this goal as well
3. Stash- use up items before buying more- I should only buy things I don't have and need for a specific projectdoing okay on this- I am working more at using up what I have
4. Cards- I am going to try and start making cards for others this year- I think my goal will be making 5 cards a month- I am going to try and use scraps for other things I am doing to make the cardsnot doing so well here- I have done this 2 months but that is all- I need to work on this next
5. Wishblade File: 2 per month or 24 for the year- not including wordsI have been doing at least 1 a month- but I only tend to do them when I need them
6. Techniques- learn/work on 6 techniques1. using crackle paint, 2- shimmer photo mats, 3- folded paper to add lots more photos, 4- making ATC
7. Keep scrap area organized- I have things put away in a good way (if I don't buy more) but I need to keep things put awayI only have a few things out right now and I am doing good about putting things away as I use them
8. Use up class items before Orlando Expo in May 2009I have used up at least half of my class kits- I need to look at the others and see what other things I need to work on
9. Use CPS pages as possible through year- don't sign up for any groups I haven't used the pages forI have used a bunch of these at SDV- I will have to see about using more before signing up- I was better about only signin up for ones I would need
10. Swaps- only sign up for swaps that I can use/don't already have the items in the groupI am doing pretty good on this one

Scrapbooks for Others:all of these are done
ABC Easter Album for Elizabeth
ABC Easter album for Lily
ABC Bible Verse Album for Ethan
ABC Bible Verse album for Joeseph
Number album for Sis's children
Number album for Sis-in-law kids
Dog Album for Mother in Law
Mini Albums for wee care teachers as end of year gift (2)

Scrapbooking for Me:
1. Finish AK album- 3/31still have about 3 pages and inserting into the album
2. Finish MK Album- 4/30haven't touched it
3. Scrap Labelle Youth pages- 2/28finished all I had photosprinted for- I need to go through photos and print any others
4. Scrap Baptism for Myakka - 4/30not done
5. Finish MGM/DHS book- 9/30almost finished
6. Finish Labelle School album 9/30haven't even printed photos
7. Christmas 2008 pages by 1/31 (use CPS)haven't printed photos
8. work on character book, food and wine book, eat around the world book, resorts book

I have done well on things for others but not so good on my own scrapping. I will be working on that and Christmas gifts for the rest of the year.

Rebecca

My scrapping goals: Make it to Journaling Genius

• finish the 1990's
• update Christmas album
•Finish 2 Disney Albums, actually was one trip but 2 albums
• school books before DD starts school
• get better organized

• use 50% of my stash including paper
• use more scraps
• learn at least 1 new technique (I'm thinking ATC)

Crafty goals:

• buy and alter large star
• finish 1 cross stitch

personal goals:

• get better organized (likely story huh?)
• work on my time management
• clip more coupons and shop smarter (didn't save a third of the money I did last year)
• no more fast food!!!
• lose at least 20 lbs
• go even greener - We have made a good start but I think we can do better

Household Goals:

• Paint outside of the house
• Fix garage doors
• Paint master bedroom
• Paint hall/stairs
• Paint dining room
• Paint kitchen
• Finish Living room
• Make curtains for Dining room
• Declutter basement
• Declutter loft
• Declutter building
• Pay off Credit Cards

I'm sure there will be more but this is all I can think of for now.

Oh, I didn't do so well....... need to get moving this month!

Ooh, my progress was about non-existent!! I DID lose the weight. . .I'd like to lose more, though. I am hoping to do much better in 2010!!

QUOTE=ColleenG;29094368]I don't know if I can come up with a number of pages, other than to aim for 3 a week. I really want to get to more all day crops and at least one weekend crop, like SDV. So my project goals are:

1.) Finish 2005 Disney Trip (by the end of January)check
2.) Finish 2007 Family book check
3.) Start and complete DS baby book -haven't even touched
4.) Finish and complete 2008 family book - still working on
5.) Start 2009 Family album -haven't touched
6.) Start 2007 or 2008 Disney trip- nada, zip, zilch

I've actually thought about trying some digital pages to get more pages done quicker. So hopefully DH will take the hints to get me CM's SBC+. :rolleyes1[/QUOTE]

I did probably average 3 pages a week, although there have been a lot of weeks of nothing getting done. Bring on 2010!

Okay.... since this year's goals were a bit of a joke, I guess I will be more realistic this coming year.

First off.... I will re-committ to the shopping ban. I did really well this year for the most part. DH got me a Cricut for Mother's Day and I did buy myself a few cartridges (only on sale or clearance), but other than that I stuck to mostly buying adhesive, page protectors, and basic solid cardstock only on sale, on clearance, or with a coupon... (oops, I also bought two DCWV packs on clearance at Joanne's). I definitely spent less than I have in past years. But my "stash" is still huge. I am talking to the entire family about a spending ban for the spring (until school ends :eek: ), and of course I will have to lead the way and set the example. It will be tough, but I am bound and determined to get our money to stop TRICKLING away!

Second goal.....

I want to complete TWO YEARS in the kids books. I mentioned that I wanted to do this on my last goals list, but forgot to mention where I was starting from!

I am currently mid-2004 on both kids chronological books. This would mean I would like to be mid-2006 by the end of 2009. This means starting and finishing our 2005 10 day New Mexico/Arizona/Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam/Disneyland trip. Our 8 day 2004 WDW trip took me ONE YEAR to scrap! So obviously this is a lofty goal for me. (I am a slow scrapper.) So I will leave my scrapping goal at just this. If I get anything else done (like DD's swim book, my family heritage book) that would be great, but I won't count on it.

My third goal is not scrap related, but I want to get my family on a stricter budget than we have had in the past. I am tired of the "Feast or Famine" mentality we live with. We need to plan better and budget better and quit letting the money trickle away on "stuff". It will be tough, because we have NEVER had a strick budget in all of the years we have been married. We do okay with saving, but not great. And our new septic system took a huge chunk from our emergency fund (as in... all of it!). So we MUST rebuild that and start saving MORE. PLus the kids are BEGGING to plan a WDW trip and we only do those with cash. And we can't save for a trip until the emergency fund is adequate again... so we have a "long road" to go.

Thanks for starting us on our 2009 goals!.........................P

Well.... I haven't even come NEAR my goal. I am still working on the 10 day trip out west. I have done most all of the first 6-7 days... but I have a BOATLOAD of pictures from our 3 days at DL and I haven't even BEGUN that portion of the trip yet. That said, I didn't even KNOW about the Proj 365 when I made my goal for 2009 and that has taken up a considerable amount of my scrapping time. I have done reasonably well with it, but not great.

As far as the budget goes... we have done okay, but not great. We had a few more unexpected emergency expenses that cut into the budget a bit, so we are not where I would like to be with the emergency fund. And we DO NOT have a WDW trip planned (although DD is going in January with a school group).

Shopping ban wise, I did okay (up until this week, when I bought FOUR new cricut carts online at Joann's!! :lmao:). I have stuck with mostly the BASICS this year... cardstock, adhesive, page protectors... and just a cart or two along the way when they have been on sale... no big purchases, no new fancy albums, nothing too extravagant.

I would LOVE to have that big 2005 trip FINISHED by the end of this year. Considering the fact that almost EVERY WEEKEND is booked between now and the end of the year, I have NO Christmas shopping done, NO decorating done, and this is DH's busy time of year, I'm not sure how this would happen. But I could get off this stupid computer right now and at least make an effort! :surfweb: ........................P

One month to go!!! How is everyone doing??

:rolleyes:mmmmmmmm:flower3: Not as well as I would have liked. I'm still not sure why I petered out the last few months, but I'd really like to get some pages done this month - maybe make it to Vegas 2007 (I did get Hawaii 2007 finished, which is good) I also think I'll have to drop my goal down a level or two...I originally thought it wasn't going to be a problem to make it to 700, but it's pretty far out of reach at this point. Maybe next year!

I'm going to add to this/edit for sure, but here are my starting goals.

Overall pages - 500 pages. I met this in 2008, but I don't think I'll raise it.
I think I'll come up a little short here - close but not quite.

Scrapping/Creative Goals:
- Deal with CKC Box o' projects - finish or strip down for parts Sigh. I'll take this box to my grave with me. I did make a few dents though!
- Print pictures and finish ABC swap album DONE
- Finish 2008 album DONE
- Keep 2009 album up to date Yes - Project 365
Realized 365 wasn't enough for this year - will still end up doing a 2009 album
- Catch up on travel albums - WDW 10/07, 10/08, and any trips I may take in 09 (hopefully WDW 1/09 - fingers crossed) Disney 07 and 08 done, 09 is 75% done
- Scrap high school and college High School DONE
- Scan in all childhood pictures and negatives Barely made a dent
- Continue working on park albums, using swap stash Nope
- Wall art projects for scrap room and girls' bedrooms Nope
- Use stash instead of shopping - reduce overall inventory of my scrap room by half May have done this at one point, but now it's overflowing again

Personal goals:
- Continue the "be healthier" plan I've been on for a few weeks of eating better and excercising Did really good until the summer, then totally fell off the wagon
- Increase my cooking knowledge and skill Didn't happen
- Get house up to snuff: paint 3 bedrooms, hang photos and wall art in those rooms, deal with the disaster that is the cellar, continue to work on decluttering rest of the house, reorganize kitchen cabinets Did almost everything on that list
- Figure out our budget and get a better handle on $$ stuff Never did do the budget

I'm mostly content with my goals. Scrapping-wise I met about half my goals. I did really good with the house, not so great with other life stuff. Rolling some of these into 2010.

I haven't posted on this thread in forever. Kinda forgot I ever put anything in real writing! I didn't make my 200 page goal. However, having the goal made me work really hard and I've done about 135. And I've got everything 2/3 of the way sorted and am ready with my 2010 goals.

For me, that is a gigantic victory!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter