2009 Annual Scrapping Challenge GOALS Thread--Set Yours Now!!

I think keeping all of our goals together is easier.

This year I am going to go for completing 2 pages a day- 730 pages for the year. Since I am above that this year I think it is reachable. It puts me at Scrapping Princess.

My goals for 2009:
1. Pages: 2 pages per day/ about 70 per month- done
2. Swap items- use at least 30 per month/ 360 during the year- 12 (Jan/09)- done
3. Stash- use up items before buying more- I should only buy things I don't have and need for a specific project- did soso on this
4. Cards- I am going to try and start making cards for others this year- I think my goal will be making 5 cards a month- I am going to try and use scraps for other things I am doing to make the cards- only did about 20 for the year but that was a good start- next year I need to do more
5. Wishblade File: 2 per month or 24 for the year- not including words- did about 1 per month
6. Techniques- learn/work on 6 techniques- I did do this- flocking, embossing paste, folding techniques, mini accordian type album, crackle paint, and stamping techniques
7. Keep scrap area organized- I have things put away in a good way (if I don't buy more) but I need to keep things put away- need to work n the continuing of this instead of just organizing itto begin with
8. Use up class items before Orlando Expo in May 2009- have done much of this
9. Use CPS pages as possible through year- don't sign up for any groups I haven't used the pages for- did not do well
10. Swaps- only sign up for swaps that I can use/don't already have the items in the group- did not do very well on this

Scrapbooks for Others:- completed all of these
ABC Easter Album for Elizabeth
ABC Easter album for Lily
ABC Bible Verse Album for Ethan
ABC Bible Verse album for Joeseph
Number album for Sis's children
Number album for Sis-in-law kids
Dog Album for Mother in Law
Mini Albums for wee care teachers as end of year gift (2)

Scrapbooking for Me:
1. Finish AK album- 3/31- finished pages- stillneed to put them in an album
2. Finish MK Album- 4/30- did not do
3. Scrap Labelle Youth pages- 2/28- did some
4. Scrap Baptism for Myakka - 4/30- didn't do
5. Finish MGM/DHS book- 9/30- did about 3/4 of the pages
6. Finish Labelle School album 9/30- didn't do
7. Christmas 2008 pages by 1/31 (use CPS)- didn't do
8. work on character book, food and wine book, eat around the world book, resorts book

Well- I got some of my goals done and others I did not do much on. I will have to be more realistic in them next year and more specific on some.

Rebecca

well 2009 was just not my "year of the Design"...

but hoping 2010 will bring more time and opportunities to be "remembering when" :thumbsup2

if it's not to late to the wonderful DISERS who track the numbers to just add a last 20 to my total on the 1st page...

I have dibbled and dabbled over the last several months but never seem to remember to post them...

going to make my list of new goals and leftover goals from '09 now...

thanks all

Scrappie (I better start living up to my nickname here) :rolleyes1

Okay.... since this year's goals were a bit of a joke, I guess I will be more realistic this coming year.

First off.... I will re-committ to the shopping ban. I did really well this year for the most part. DH got me a Cricut for Mother's Day and I did buy myself a few cartridges (only on sale or clearance), but other than that I stuck to mostly buying adhesive, page protectors, and basic solid cardstock only on sale, on clearance, or with a coupon... (oops, I also bought two DCWV packs on clearance at Joanne's). I definitely spent less than I have in past years. But my "stash" is still huge. I am talking to the entire family about a spending ban for the spring (until school ends :eek: ), and of course I will have to lead the way and set the example. It will be tough, but I am bound and determined to get our money to stop TRICKLING away!

Second goal.....

I want to complete TWO YEARS in the kids books. I mentioned that I wanted to do this on my last goals list, but forgot to mention where I was starting from!

I am currently mid-2004 on both kids chronological books. This would mean I would like to be mid-2006 by the end of 2009. This means starting and finishing our 2005 10 day New Mexico/Arizona/Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam/Disneyland trip. Our 8 day 2004 WDW trip took me ONE YEAR to scrap! So obviously this is a lofty goal for me. (I am a slow scrapper.) So I will leave my scrapping goal at just this. If I get anything else done (like DD's swim book, my family heritage book) that would be great, but I won't count on it.

My third goal is not scrap related, but I want to get my family on a stricter budget than we have had in the past. I am tired of the "Feast or Famine" mentality we live with. We need to plan better and budget better and quit letting the money trickle away on "stuff". It will be tough, because we have NEVER had a strick budget in all of the years we have been married. We do okay with saving, but not great. And our new septic system took a huge chunk from our emergency fund (as in... all of it!). So we MUST rebuild that and start saving MORE. PLus the kids are BEGGING to plan a WDW trip and we only do those with cash. And we can't save for a trip until the emergency fund is adequate again... so we have a "long road" to go.

Thanks for starting us on our 2009 goals!.........................P

:laughing: Oh well.... I tried. I am currently on day 6 of that 10 day trip out West, for both kids' books. So I am a FULL YEAR behind my scrapping goal. But I have been making steady progress. Plus I set this goal before I got caught up in the whole "Project 365" thing! So I spent lots of time on that project that I hadn't foreseen when I set this goal.

The $$ situation is no better/no worse. We still trickle away money that we shouldn't. oh well.

I will be taking a realistic look at my scrapping goals for 2010 before I post them. I forgot to count my pages for the year before I headed to my Mom's, so I am not sure where I ended the year, page count wise...........P

Ok whoops...

not sure but my name isn't on the front page...I know I cam in under 100 pags though :sad2:

found my goals for '09...in green is how I did.

I had so much fun joining this Scrapping Community I'm back for more and hope to make 2009 my year to Design as well! :goodvibes

My Scrapbooking Goals are:

1) My realistic goal is to be a Memories Maven again and try to reach between 250-299 But my super finish everything below goal is 500 pgs in the Master Scrapper catagory. not even close

2) try to do some sort of scrapping everyday whether it be sorting, sketching, printing, ordering, or actual SCRAPPING! it was better the beginning of the year but got majoring side-tracked w/ other things...

3) Albums to finish and create:

*finish Christmas 08 (almost done) :thumbsup2

*Finish WDW trip 08 album :thumbsup2

*fix my DD Aldine's age 5 album the binding busted need to transfer into a new album (doesn't count in my totals but need to get it done)

*do years 12 (08) and 13 (09) and udate Christmas pictures in my & DH's anniversary album

*Create digital albums of school years PreK-3rd grade for DD Aldine and DS Michael :thumbsup2

*Create Age 6-7 Albums for each Aldine and Micheal (not completed in 08) finished Aldine's and started Michael's

*Create Age 3-4 Album for DD Mae (not completed in 08)

*Create Age 1-2 Album for DD Margaret

My Other Creative Goals are:

1) Create special framable layouts to put on the walls in my scrapbook room (1 for each of my 4 children and 1 for DH and I)

2) continue to make homemade cards/invites try to attend at least 2 card classes never did classes...can't afford, but did make several cards and invites over the last yr

3) Help the 3 older kids w/ their own personal WDW 08 albums (Aldine has started hers)

My personal/home goals:

1) Read my Women's Devotional and Bible everday doing better...

2) Scripture Memorization need some better discipline in this area

3) Watch less tv :sad2:

4) Spend more quality time w/ my children and make individual dates w/ my older 3 still need more individual time

5) Have "date-nights or days" home or out w/ DH

6) Finish my TR from the WDW 08 trip and hopefully start a new PTR end of this year for a trip in 010 :thumbsup2 plus added in a PTR and TR from a trip in March 09 and started a BLOG

7) Excersize more for me and FUN! tone up better beginning half of year

8) make daily green choices :thumbsup2

9) Home repair:

*order and get MM border up in kids bathroom

*replace all the hinges on the kitchen cabinets :thumbsup2 DH and my Dad did

*do tile work in kitchen

*fix front stoop and walkway :thumbsup2 DH did

*clean up screened in porch getting closer

*huge wish list hardwood floors! did a Disney trip instead :rolleyes1

*chair rails in LR and DR :thumbsup2 DH did

Thanks for keeping my motivated and have a place to see my goals be met!:thumbsup2

So as said in my previous post...here's hoping 2010 is a good one!

with 2009 starting, I am going to join in on this goal setting (I just started scrapbooking in September):

Finish scrapping the following vacations:
Disney - 2000, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008 (2) DONE
Cruises - E. Caribbean, W. Caribbean, Alaska, Mediterranean DONE
Trips - Niagara Falls, Hershey, PA TRIP CANCELLED

Learn to incorporate stamping in my pages INCORPORATED INTO CARDS

Spend less and use the stuff I already have more. NOT SO MUCH

Try to attend one local crop or training each month. EVERY OTHER MONTH

Organize 6 boxes of photos and gather those together to get scanned so I can have digital versions. ALL PHOTOS SORTED AND MANY SCANNED ~2000

I would like to average 2-3 pages per week. BY THE END OF OCTOBER, I HAD 385 SO I BEAT THIS ONE

Now on to 2010

I'm going to change my goal for the year to
smilie-JournalingGenius.gif
Journaling Genius (300-399 pages). Considering I'm doing the Project 365 and I'm participating in the weekly DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenges, I should have no problem getting at least 150+ pages completed. And besides the goals listed above, I've got DH's birthday present in the works (his birthday was in November) and I'm planning to put together some small albums for DD's & DS's teachers before the end of the school year.

I'm happy to say I'm a
smilie-MemoriesMaven.gif
Memories Maven!
I actually completed 200 pages by the skin of my teeth. And I have a few pages in the works as a head start for this year. So I didn't make my goal of 300, but I did surpass my original goal that I set for the year of 100 pages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter