2009 Annual Scrapping Challenge GOALS Thread--Set Yours Now!!

I have so many scrapbooks that I want to finish, including the following:
  • 2002 alphabet book
  • Our 2003 AKL stay over Halloween
  • Our 2004 Hurricane Frances @ BWV trip
  • Our 2006 DCL/OKW trip over Thanksgiving (almost done)
  • Our 2007 quick trip
  • Our 2008 trips (DCL, offsite and VWL)
  • My DS's Halloween album

So put me down as a Memory Maker!

And this year I intend to sell or donate a lot of my paper scrapbooking supplies, as a physical condition makes it difficult for me to manipulate the scissors, etc. Plus I don't have a dedicated scrapping space so to scrap entails a lot of moving things around, etc. I've found my niche in digi-scrapping and that's fine with me.

Hi!! :wave:

Scrapping goals!

• Finish the ABC book from the 8x8 swap. Just need a few more pics and the journaling....

• Help my kids use their swap items they've done/received ... maybe start a book for our 2009 trip...

• photo books from 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 because until I'm somewhat caught up, the task of scrapping is just so daunting that I can't even START!

• Use that monthly Karen Foster stuff that I had planned on using in 2008, when I thought for sure I'd be able to do 2 pages a month!!

• Hey, did anyone see that Becky Higgins pic a day challenge in a recent CK mag?? That sounds fun....

• Ebay or donate tons of scrap stuff that I will never use (and things I've had for years that I don't even realize I have!!)

• Use the cricut more. It's very cool, but I've hardly used it and I'm wishing that I hadn't spent the money on it.

Personal Goals!

• More fun family time!

• Lose weight...

• Save more, spend less!!

• Increase contributions into retirement account

• Pay as much as possible on credit cards

• Keep up with chores

• Declutter

I'm sure there's more, but that's it for now!!

Hey Ladies! :wave2:
I've lurked on these boards for awhile but now I've decided it's time to kick my scrapping into high gear and get to it! I'm hoping these boards will help keep me motivated and reach my goals considering I have a pretty big scrapping year coming up with my wedding!

So, please, put me down for Memories Maven!

Must be done by 2008:
-DFiance's Anniversary Scrapbook (almost done! About 10 pages left)

Scrapping Goals for 2009:
-Finish Senior Year of College scrapbook
-Engagement scrapbook
-Pre-Wedding scrapbook
-Disney scrapbook
-and the biggie: My Wedding Scrapbook

Nonscrapping Goals:
-Although I am an avid scrapper, I've never participated in a swap on the DIS. I'd like to do that this year!
-Become more active on the Creative Community Boards
-Of course: Scrap More, Spend Less!!

Ideally, I would like to scrap 5 pages a week so assuming my math is correct that would put me at 260 pages- Memories Maven!

Also, I'd love to be in on this Ban on Shopping! Blinkies are great motivation :laughing:

Thanks for welcoming a newcomer :grouphug:

:wave2:
Welcome!
You wont find a greater group of ladies than on these boards, especially the swaps!
There are some great swaps coming up this year and we would love to have you join us, some quit lurking and come play!
Congrats on your wedding! When is it?
Look forward to swapping with you!
Rita:hippie:

Hey Rita!
We are having an small "Escape" Disney wedding :-)banana: ). I just recently called my wedding planner and right now we are trying to get a date in December 2009. Although having an Escape Wedding requires less planning time, my planner said December '09 is almost booked already and we might have to push it to January '10. Regardless, I figure I'll have lots of Wedding Scrapping to do, considering 2 other family members are getting married this year. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the Welcome!

I am going to aim for Memory Maven!

I have soooo many projects to start and finish.

DDs school album
Xmas album - add 2008
2005 cruise album
2008 cruise album
DD9 baby album
DD1 baby album

We will start from there. Building a house and kept scrapbooking stuff out of storage so hope that will be my main free time focus. And since we are moving on to the ILs cattle ranch not much else around to distract me. Could be interesting...

I'm so glad that I found this group!

I want to do one page a day (365 pages in 2009) and hopefully finish our Honeymoon, Wedding, and most recent Disney trip albums.

:welcome: to rora and sharonlovesmickey!!!! (and anyone else I may have missed recently)..

Glad to have new faces aboard!!! This is a great group of supportive ladies to work with on scrapbooking... if you have a question or want some feedback just let us know.. we are always happy to help!!!!

Hello, everybody!!! Welcome to all of our new faces!! It's good to see everyone--new and old!! (Wait. . .not "old". How about "returning"? Or "previously here"? :rotfl2: )

I've got us updated!! I need to make my actual goal list of the albums I want to accomplish. I have a good feeling that 2009 may be our BEST year yet!!!

Can you believe it starts this week?? Let's get ourselves ready to kick it off in style!! :banana:

Well I have looked at the catagories and I think I will go for Priceless Memory Preserver . It is not a lot of pages for the albums I want to complete. I am pretty sure in my 11 years of scrapping I have not done that many pages in a year or at least it seems like that in my head.:rotfl:

I didn't come close to whatever my goal was this year, that I'm sure of.

For 2009, I want to finish (and start, lol) our 2008 WDW album, and I'd like to get done at least through the end of DS1's first grade year. Also I want to scrap more, which is something, I guess.

Becky Higgins project 365... who's in with me????
http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2008/12/this-is-big.html
I think it would be fun to do this w/others...keep each other going, etc!
C'mon! Anyone??

I was reading this article..need to read it again..but I just might do it.. but I will have to stamp date each photo on my camera... so much happens I'd hate to put a bb game from Jan in March...because one of the kids would be sure to point it out that I messed up!!!

I'll let you know for sure tomorrow..but I think I will do this with you!!!! :)

I also need to post a photo of the monthly pages I'm doing for my 2009 family book.... I found it in another magazine... but it's totally cool!!!! It's very generic but it's cool... :)

I was reading this article..need to read it again..but I just might do it.. but I will have to stamp date each photo on my camera... so much happens I'd hate to put a bb game from Jan in March...because one of the kids would be sure to point it out that I messed up!!!

I'll let you know for sure tomorrow..but I think I will do this with you!!!! :)

woo hoo! that would be fun! Did you see that the kit comes with a little date stamp? (I know that's not what you meant, but I still think that's cool!) I think I will try to upload pics every week and get them printed to be picked up at CVS (where I'm at a million times a week anyways, LOL). I'm hoping that it will be quick and easy. I'd love to do the little bit of journaling every day...or maybe the 4 of us can each write something one day and I can fill in the rest. I do like the 'no adhesive' part too!

My goals will be to do:

A scrapbook for 2008 Disney trips I am gonna include the Jan 2009 one in it
A scrapbook for our son and daughter-in-law of their wedding (she asked me to do it on Christmas )
A Scrapbook for each of our two kids of our WDW trips with them
and
A scrapbook of our Disney Adventure to Peru!

Since I MAY be having knee surgery soon I might have a few weeks of down time I will see how that goes

Steve

woo hoo! that would be fun! Did you see that the kit comes with a little date stamp? (I know that's not what you meant, but I still think that's cool!) I think I will try to upload pics every week and get them printed to be picked up at CVS (where I'm at a million times a week anyways, LOL). I'm hoping that it will be quick and easy. I'd love to do the little bit of journaling every day...or maybe the 4 of us can each write something one day and I can fill in the rest. I do like the 'no adhesive' part too!

Here is the monthly calendar thing I'm going to use for my 2009 albums..
it's digital but I think I can adjust and get inspiration from it to make "traditional" pages..

http://kimcrothers.typepad.com/creativesnaps/2008/11/index.html
scroll down a bit and you'll see her templates...they are mini CD album pages.. but they are cute as heck!!!

Nan--just saw on Becky's blog that she's starting project 365 tomorrow (although the kit goes on sale on 1/1) because it shows 1 week at a time and tomorrow is the first day of the week that goes into the new year.
I'm going to start tomorrow. :yay:

Anyone else thinking about this?? :cheer2: Anyone know what I'm talking about? :rotfl:

You have to remind me!!! :)
Tomorrow we will be at basketball tournament for DD.. all day! Ugh!
I'll have plenty of photos to start the week! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter