2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana Lyn said:
For those of you in chat on Sunday night inquiring as to what a diaper cake is--I have received permission from my "client" :lmao: to post a pic of the latest diaper cake I made for her!

DSC04487.jpg

It's made of 60 size 1 diapers (man those things are teeny!), a Carters receiving blanket, a Carters sleeper, 6 washcloths, a duck bath puppet and 6 travel sized baby toiletries!
Very cute Diana.

curtdennis said:
THE TIGERS WON GAME 2!!

And I'm in FITS about being on vacation when they're in the World Series!!!
1.gif
I mean - who knew? No one could have even dreamed in December that they would have a shot at the Fall Classic this year. I've already warned my Dad that he's on VCR duty for the entire Series. I feel like a bad fan right now... <sigh>
8.gif

Grumble Grumble Growl
19.gif

Ok everyone...you are all doing a great job getting the post count way up there! Congratulations to you all. Unfortunately I am a little puzzled that I haven't received many details as to the Member cruise itself. I guess i was expecting more details from DVC on tips of what to bring, what to expect, what to be prepared for, etc.

We are leaving on the 17th so i am really in panic mode. As far as the cruise...should i bring beach towels for the ship and the island or are they available? Do adults get dressed up for Pirate night for the most part or do most leave it to the kids to get decked out only?

Not that I want to sound like a lush or anything (I am not) but can we bring our own bottle of wine in our suitcase or will they scan, see it and take it away?

Someone mentioned having a Mickey "hand" for autographs which i think is great but where do i get that and do the kids have to hold on to them to get signatures or can you turn them in for signatures on the ship? If so how, where, what?

And then...forgive me because I forgot where to get a copy of this threads' meeting places to meet and greet when we get on the ship? Furthermore, we will be getting to the ship fairly early and i'm not quite sure what we should do, sign in with, etc., instead of just being in awe of our surroundings? I figure take care of business first and then RELAX! BY the way what is a Konk cooler anyway?

I don't want to feel lost and stressed when we get there. All I know is that we are wearing our awesome looking members cruise tees onto the ship. Any further help, information, details would be so helpful.
:confused: :confused: :confused: PLEASE HELP!!!

tinkerbelle77 said:
I pulled out the suitcases about 2 weeks ago and started putting in the things I knew we didnt need until the trip!
I've had our suitcases on the guestroom bed for a month or so already, putting stuff up there/in them as I come across it. But now I'm in a state of panic because we leave in 2 days and I don't think everything is going to fit. It just seems we'll need more clothes for this cruise than our normal trips to WDW, plus all the other stuff to bring. I'm seriously thinking about going out and buying at least one bigger suitcase tomorrow. (All of ours are 22" rollaboards or smaller, for when we used to only take carry-ons.)

curtdennis said:
For all of the LADY Magglio Ordonez fans here is the pic Karen made me post. I picked it out special for you sports fans, granted Diana not come to mind quicker.... Enjoy

9-28-0684.jpg
Thats an incredible picture...Thanks Curt!

seaulater said:
So much for getting anything done in the next couple of hours except driving around in my car.
:moped:

Welcome to my world. Yesterday it was rehearsal. Didn't get home till 10pm.

Today I leave at 1:30 for piano lessons, then straight to get Nick's hair colored. Then we'll have about an hour to kill in town and I'll hit the grocery store (but can't get anything frozen or refridgerated)....b/c then it's out for a quick bite to eat b/c we have rehearsal again starting at 6. I suspect I'll be gone today from 1:30 till about 9.

Well, maybe. My stomach is a bit queasy so I really hope I'm not coming down with something. B/c that will make for a really horrible day for me.....b/c it's not like I can get out of most of this stuff.

And it makes me worried for Nick. If I picked this up, did he pick it up too? And since he's one to puke without any warning, I'm afraid I'll be non-chalantely (sp?) driving somewhere when he decides to
2.gif
without warning! :earseek:

No wonder it's 2:23 and I can't sleep!

IleneF said:
Diana, Congrats on getting your docs....FINALLY!

Thank you to everyone for the kind comments about my paint can. It was fun! Diana sent me the little punched out mickeys so I put them to good use.

I LOVE the Carousel of Progress song/show too. Which brings me to a major gripe about old Disney vs new Disney. I have the answer to why many of the new attractions don't have the same impact as older ones that are sadly gone. I could make Disney so GREAT if they only would hire me. Here's the answer. MUSIC...yup it's almost that simple. Almost all of the attractions my family and I remember it's because we take the song home with us. It burns a special place in our memory. Songs are emotional links. The old horizons, the old Listen to the Land boat ride,and the old figment ride all have that in common. The newer attractions lack that. OK off my soapbox!
I never thought of that, but you are right...You just dont remember the new rides by a song!

crzy4dals said:
I got my cruise docs..... :cool1:
HIP HIP HURRAY!!!!!

Now, everyone join me in a little song and dance...

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
We're going on a cruise! We're going on a cruise!​

IleneF said:
Diana, Congrats on getting your docs....FINALLY!

Thank you to everyone for the kind comments about my paint can. It was fun! Diana sent me the little punched out mickeys so I put them to good use.

I LOVE the Carousel of Progress song/show too. Which brings me to a major gripe about old Disney vs new Disney. I have the answer to why many of the new attractions don't have the same impact as older ones that are sadly gone. I could make Disney so GREAT if they only would hire me. Here's the answer. MUSIC...yup it's almost that simple. Almost all of the attractions my family and I remember it's because we take the song home with us. It burns a special place in our memory. Songs are emotional links. The old horizons, the old Listen to the Land boat ride,and the old figment ride all have that in common. The newer attractions lack that. OK off my soapbox!
Good point. Look at all the attraction songs we've been "singing" around here.

cgcw said:
Will you get out of the bushes and join us, please. :rolleyes: Always dragging us down with those pictures you insist on taking. :sad2:

Man, oh, man......you have to be a part of the 500 in order to get to the stingrays on time. :smokin:

We are done packing for the night. I even made a trip to Kohl's to exchange the shirts that didn't fit Walker and to Target to get the waterproof cameras (thanks, Amy). We made a huge dent in our efforts tonight. I'm thinking another good night of dedicated work and we'll be all set except for those last minute items. :cool1:
I'll PM you my address, and then we can set up when you'll be over to pack for us...OK? :lmao:

bcvprincesses said:
Just finished watching Lost. Why does it seem like that show is only on for a few min? I always want more.

Because it's LOADED with commercials. Thank goodness for my Tivo. Now that we are caught up with all of the past Lost episodes, it's hard to wait a week for more!!

DragonSlyr said:
Less than 100 post to go for 23,000. Lets keep up the pace :surfweb:

Congrats on everyone who's recieved their doc's today :cool1:
Keep it up, and lets go...I know as of 130 am we didnt meet the goal...but early morning we will...And yes I know its 130am...the insomnia has kicked in..Been up since 630am and just cant sleep, I think I need to lay off the Diet Mt. Dew...Well I have to be up at 630 am again tomorrow, so I am going to finish up in a few, and try to sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter