2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006 Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
tinkerbelle77 said:
I have a roller that is big enough to fit both DD's in...we usually take that a few others...we never travel very light!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

I used to be an expert packer. When you fly every week for work you figure out what's truly necessary, and how to match clothes to one pair of shoes. David and I went to Korea for a week for a formal wedding and I managed to get everything we needed into 2 rollaboards, 1 garment bag, and two small carry-ons. Even returning we didn't have to check anything, just added a shopping bag for some of the souvenirs.

But now with Ian I have a harder time of it, trying to figure out what he'll really need and guessing the number of diapers, changes of clothes, etc. he'll go through.

I really should at least TRY to go to sleep. I think I'll take a little something to settle my tummy and hope for the best. At least it hasn't gotten worse....so maybe it's not a bug. Maybe it's just the stress....
who...me? stressed? :earseek: :earseek:

Sorry to leave you, Robin....
but if you're really chatty you can get to the milestone before anyone else gets up! :)

4Gus-Gus&Figaro said:
Yeah - Have you been working out?

:rotfl2:

(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

Karen,
Very funny......um do me a favor and DON'T check it out when you see me, it's not as pretty as the can posted here, LOL!

Dallas92 said:

We are leaving on the 17th so i am really in panic mode. As far as the cruise...should i bring beach towels for the ship and the island or are they available? Do adults get dressed up for Pirate night for the most part or do most leave it to the kids to get decked out only?

As I remember towels are available at CC as you disembark you just grab what you need.

Seems like adults and kids alike are dressing up....or not.

Not that I want to sound like a lush or anything (I am not) but can we bring our own bottle of wine in our suitcase or will they scan, see it and take it away?

Not sure about the answer to this one :-(

Someone mentioned having a Mickey "hand" for autographs which i think is great but where do i get that and do the kids have to hold on to them to get signatures or can you turn them in for signatures on the ship? If so how, where, what?

You'll have to purchase the "hands" ahead of time (at the parks?) but you can leave them at Guest Services on board in a plastic bag with or without markers for the characters to sign.

And then...forgive me because I forgot where to get a copy of this threads' meeting places to meet and greet when we get on the ship? Furthermore, we will be getting to the ship fairly early and i'm not quite sure what we should do, sign in with, etc., instead of just being in awe of our surroundings? I figure take care of business first and then RELAX!

Go to Marys (wdwlvr) website in her signature for a copy of the Navigator she has drawn up for the meeting places and schedule of DIS events.

BY the way what is a Konk cooler anyway?

I'm curious too!

Hope this helps a bit!

BTW, Dallas we are shipboard neighbors, you are literally next door to us I believe. So we'll be looking forward to meeting your family! Sounds like this is your first cruise? We've sailed three other times on DCL and it's "wonder"ful but this cruise sounds like it will be especially cool. How could it not be with all these terrific DIS'ers on board :wave:

Wow - woke up to 7 pages to read this morning. Hope you late night (or should I say early morning) poster got some sleep.

Congrats to Annmarie on 3500 posts!

Congrats to Karen on 400 posts, Curt on 600 posts and of course the Detroit Tigers win!

curtdennis said:
Only in an attempt to inflate the overall postcount I just wanna blow our own horns a little.

Karen busted 400 today, I busted 600 and most importantly

THE TIGERS WON GAME 2!!
Ooops, I think I missed those milestones.

Congratulations, Karen, on #400!

Congratulations, Curt, on #600!

4Gus-Gus&Figaro said:
Your kid has great taste in baseball players! And he really did have some amazing seasons with the Sox. It's funny, because sometimes fans here in Detroit will start up the "Oh-we-oh - Maggg-lio" chant. Not sure how he feels about that, since he didn't leave on the best of terms... :confused3

And please understand that I'm not trying to steal the poster off of Cameron's wall! I just thought, someday, if he ever gets tired of it, well, you know... :blush:

:rotfl: That's funny, because all I associate him with is that same chant. As you know, I'm not a baseball fan by any means. It's just something that stuck in there -- sort of like other useless songs.

I will keep that in mind. I'm sure there will come a day when Cameron's ready for some remodeling. Until then, we just won't have you over for a visit. ;)

:cheer2: Congrats on 400 posts, Karen!!!:cheer2:
:cheer2: Congrats on 600 posts, Curt!!!:cheer2:
:cheer2:GO TIGERS!!! :cheer2:

IleneF said:
As I remember towels are available at CC as you disembark you just grab what you need.

Seems like adults and kids alike are dressing up....or not.

Not sure about the answer to this one :-(

You'll have to purchase the "hands" ahead of time (at the parks?) but you can leave them at Guest Services on board in a plastic bag with or without markers for the characters to sign.

Go to Marys (wdwlvr) website in her signature for a copy of the Navigator she has drawn up for the meeting places and schedule of DIS events.

I'm curious too!

Hope this helps a bit!

[/i]

I'll go answer the questions a bit more--

No towels needed, Ilene is right, they hand them to you.

Last year it seemed like more adults than kids wore pirate gear, but there aren't many kids on the cruise.

Wine--yes, you can bring onboard. If they open it for you at dinner, I believe they charge a corkage fee. (I AM a lush, and proud! :drinking1 )

Hands--I've seen them in the parks and at DTD. Ilene had it right, ziploc, markers, room number, guest services!

Navigator--Mary's site in the photo gallery.

Konk Kooler (This goes back to the fact that I'm a lush! :drinking1) is made of light and dark rum, OJ, coconut and passion fruit juice! Try it, if you don't like it--Find Me!! I'll be happy to finish it off! :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Barb,

First and foremost take a deep breath. This is supposed to be fun! Let me see where I can help. See my notes in red below.

Dallas92 said:
As far as the cruise...should i bring beach towels for the ship and the island or are they available? No need to bring beach towels. There are towels by the pools and you will also be able to pick up towels as you leave the ship on Castaway Cay. They are smaller than a beach towel so we usually pick up two for each of us.

Do adults get dressed up for Pirate night for the most part or do most leave it to the kids to get decked out only? Plenty of adults get dressed up as well and plenty don't so you can't go wrong. Most do dress for both dinner and the party.

Not that I want to sound like a lush or anything (I am not) but can we bring our own bottle of wine in our suitcase or will they scan, see it and take it away? You certainly can bring on your own wine. We have a friend who has had special bottles of wine made for some of our cruises and he's been known to bring 30+ bottles on board. If you bring it to dinner with you then you will most likely be charged a corking fee. However if you want to enjoy it in your room just ask your room steward for some wine glasses - thye will be happy to supply you with them.

Someone mentioned having a Mickey "hand" for autographs which i think is great but where do i get that and do the kids have to hold on to them to get signatures or can you turn them in for signatures on the ship? If so how, where, what? They are usually available at a number of shops around WDW and I think even at the airport shop. Best tip is to put them in a large ziplock bag with your name and room number on it along with some colored sharpies and drop it off at guest services.

And then...forgive me because I forgot where to get a copy of this threads' meeting places to meet and greet when we get on the ship? Click on the Member Cruise logo in my signature. That will take you to the web page. Then go to the photo gallery. A copy of the navigator is there for download as a 4 page word document. A full color copy will be in your DIS packet which you can pick up either at the DIS meet on Saturday, in the terminal on Sunday or at the DIS meet Sunday afternoon.

Furthermore, we will be getting to the ship fairly early and i'm not quite sure what we should do, sign in with, etc., instead of just being in awe of our surroundings? You can sign up the kids for the clubs online. Then when you get to the terminal get their wrist band (look for today's tip of the day). If you didn't get Palo and want to try for it there will be a paper when you check in to see where to go for that. Then head for lunch. If you think the kids would like the pool early have their wear their swimsuits under their clothes, pick out a table by the pool and grab lunch there.

I figure take care of business first and then RELAX! BY the way what is a Konk cooler anyway? The Konk Kooler is the signature drink on Castaway Cay. I'm sure any of the bartenders on board can make one for you. There are also different drinks of the day and a sailaway drink as well.

I don't want to feel lost and stressed when we get there. All I know is that we are wearing our awesome looking members cruise tees onto the ship. Any further help, information, details would be so helpful. :confused: :confused: :confused: PLEASE HELP!!!

Hope this has helped. It is all about having fun and sailing with 100 plus friends you haven't met yet!

tinkerbelle77 said:
:rolleyes: OK, So the challange to reach 600 posts didnt take that long...whats next?
Congrats on your Milestone!!!

Congratulations, AnnMarie, on 3500 posts!!

curtdennis said:
Only in an attempt to inflate the overall postcount I just wanna blow our own horns a little.
Karen busted 400 today, I busted 600 and most importantly
THE TIGERS WON GAME 2!!
Congrats on all!!!

Oh my goodness! I can barely keep up on the post. That work thing keeps getting in the way.

Yea to all who got docs or their pics from DVC.
Please have mercy on me, I'm trying to keep up but it's not working to well right now. Well of to work
TTFN :tigger:

SS2006.gif

Good morning Member Cruisers
- we sail in 10 days!

9 days until the pre-cruise DIS meet in the Solarium at Beach Club!

party:

Remember you can get a copy of the navigator on the web site!

Dallas92 said:
Ok everyone...you are all doing a great job getting the post count way up there! Congratulations to you all. Unfortunately I am a little puzzled that I haven't received many details as to the Member cruise itself. I guess i was expecting more details from DVC on tips of what to bring, what to expect, what to be prepared for, etc.

We are leaving on the 17th so i am really in panic mode. As far as the cruise...should i bring beach towels for the ship and the island or are they available? Do adults get dressed up for Pirate night for the most part or do most leave it to the kids to get decked out only?

Not that I want to sound like a lush or anything (I am not) but can we bring our own bottle of wine in our suitcase or will they scan, see it and take it away?

Someone mentioned having a Mickey "hand" for autographs which i think is great but where do i get that and do the kids have to hold on to them to get signatures or can you turn them in for signatures on the ship? If so how, where, what?

And then...forgive me because I forgot where to get a copy of this threads' meeting places to meet and greet when we get on the ship? Furthermore, we will be getting to the ship fairly early and i'm not quite sure what we should do, sign in with, etc., instead of just being in awe of our surroundings? I figure take care of business first and then RELAX! BY the way what is a Konk cooler anyway?

I don't want to feel lost and stressed when we get there. All I know is that we are wearing our awesome looking members cruise tees onto the ship. Any further help, information, details would be so helpful. :confused: :confused: :confused: PLEASE HELP!!!

Sure, I'll try to help. After all, you mentioned my favorite drink a konk kooler.

Let's see, starting from the top.

Many of us have expected to receive more information from DVC regarding the details of this cruise. For whatever reason, DVC has decided to not inform us of the details of our cruise. Personally, it has left me very bummed with this entire process. I'm not sure what they are thinking, but I suspect they are not thinking first and foremost of communicating good thoughts between themselves and the members sailing.

That being said, don't stress. We will help you get ready the best that we can.

We didn't bring any towels onto Castaway Caye last year. If I remember correctly, there were some available. I don't recall there being a shortage so I would save the space in your suitcase.

Some, but not all adults dress for pirate night. We are not doing anything fancy. We have tshirts with pirate designs on them. Our DS6 is wearing a costume. Just a little to add to the fun. Some people will wear full costumes, some won't dress any different than any other night. Whatever you decide to do will be right.

I have heard that you can bring liquor on board. We've never personally tried it, but I'm sure someone else has and will give more details.

There is a DIS meet on Saturday at the Beach Club Solarium at 3 p.m. On Sunday, when you get into the port, look for a DIS Meet sign. That's where we will be. It won't be hard to miss us -- we'll be the roudy group. We will also be wearing the tshirts we ordered through Cafe Press.

On our Castaway Caye days, we are planning to meet at the far end of the family beach to congregate with our DIS friends. Also, there will be lots of eyes around to watch over our personal items if we venture away.

A Konk Kooler is a lucious drink that goes down oh so smoothly. :drinking1 They are only availalbe on Castaway Caye. Yummy!!

Any other questions, please ask. I felt the same way getting ready for last years member cruise so I can totally understand how you feel.

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip Of The Day

Today's tip comes from Karen (ohiominnie).

Make sure that one of the FIRST things you do is get your child(ren)s wristband from the clubs....

I remember hearing the story of a smaller kid who got separated, but they were very easy to get back to mom and dad b/c they had their wristband already on.

Great tip Karen - thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter