New golf cart rules, you need insurance if not using disney carts!

We ride bikes for viewing decorations or walk, so glad we have never needed golf carts with all this new stuff.
Your not getting far trick or treating by bike. Lol. Too crowded. Plus the bag will be too heavy for the kids. You can get by walking, but you will not get around all the loops. We had to park the cart at the beginning of some loops, drop of the kid and meet them on the other side. Too many people.

Spencer, really? 🎃

Three or four loops should be enough candy for any human being (and their parents :teeth:) .

And 3/4 loops can easily be walked and call it a successful night then.

ED
You dont know my kid. Lol. Plus she will just be 13, so probably last time for her. Last time we did almost all the loops. Maybe skipped 1, and the cabbins. Plus you get to see everyones number 1 game at decorating. Sure you could see the jurassic park set up, but not with sound and fog unless it was halloween. Its an experience of and in itself. And I will do my saftey thing, as last time, handing out glow bracelets along the way so you can see the kids running. It wasnt thought of last time, but I had a few hundred in the camper for well for camping and rallys. But it was needed. No one had flashlights and it was easy to not see people in the dark.

I think Kenny will be fine through all this. He's been obeying the rules and not coming on property to deliver his stuff. And having us do it even if we're using his truck and trailer etc. Disney hasn't had a problem. Talking with Kristen there's just so many outside vendors not following directions. I got an email in regards to my reservation at the Ford talking about the new rules for campers and golf carts and having to be the person that's on the reservation bringing it in.

For a good laugh I went to the Facebook page of camper rental adventures. I use them in January of 2022. It was the worst thing it could have been. The trailer was horrendous falling apart there was a leak under the floor. But I'm reading comments that people are posting and the company is ignoring them because they have deposits paid and if they can't bring in their rentals how are they going to get their money back because she's not going to refund them she'll give them a credit. The way I'm interpreting the email and the new rules is if you're not one of the Disney approved vendors or the site holder bringing in your own equipment, it's not going to fly. This is unfortunate because the last two times we went we rented a trailer from somebody out of plant City off of a site that's similar to Airbnb but for campers. I don't remember what it was I'm sure somebody here knows. And he was wonderful his camper wasn't great shape and everything and now I don't think that's going to be possible unfortunately for people in that situation.

But going back to camper rental adventure, I read some posts from some people that reviewed on Google recently and they had horrible experiences and Disney brought up a point to them saying things will be changing in the near future as far as off-site rentals. I believe they've gotten a lot of complaints about this company because they advertise and promise really nice gorgeous trailers and they turn out to be just a moldy dirty pile of junk. One person said in a review that they called them right away to come and take it because it was so disgustingly dirty and the back door didn't even latch or close tightly and that's where their daughter would be. The company never refunded them Disney was very helpful and got them into a cabin for their stay but unfortunately they had to pay more I'm sure. But they're out all the money that they gave this company. And I think that's why Disney is putting in these new rules that they don't want to deal with it.

I get the fact that they want to make their revenue with their golf carts. That's where the prices are so high but they don't even have enough for everyone that wants one. They should allow off-site vendors to bring in golf carts for rental just like the approved vendors they have for campers and for mobility devices.

They should allow off-site vendors to bring in golf carts for rental just like the approved vendors they have for campers and for mobility devices.

Thanks for the info, Mike.

Disney doesn't rent campers themselves nor long term ECV's so they allow outside vendors (approved) to make the rentals while at the Fort. However, Disney DOES rent golf carts at the Fort so in the name of stifling competition, they are permitted (like Kenny) but the off-site rental process is made more difficult by forcing them to move off-site and require insurance (which at least seems to be a growing trend at least).

I hope Kenny (and any other cart vendor) follows the rules because as Kenny has demonstrated, he's had a long career supplying carts to Fort guests (although not with 100% success but maybe 95%).

And the camper rental approved vendors list has grown to now include vendors who had to earn it when they WEREN'T on the approved list and had to hustle and provide excellent service. Meacham's and Kissimmee Orlando both earned their way onto the list - in the past there were names on there that I'd never heard mentioned on this board.

Bama Ed

PS - and if Disney wanted to max out the golf cart rental, they could permit non-Fort WDW resort guests to book. In the past that meant not enough carts for Fort guests but if they wanted to they could but maybe allow Fort guests early booking and non-Fort guests (with a Disney hotel/DVC reservation number) a 60 day booking window.

I think Kenny will be fine through all this. He's been obeying the rules and not coming on property to deliver his stuff. And having us do it even if we're using his truck and trailer etc. Disney hasn't had a problem. Talking with Kristen there's just so many outside vendors not following directions. I got an email in regards to my reservation at the Ford talking about the new rules for campers and golf carts and having to be the person that's on the reservation bringing it in.

For a good laugh I went to the Facebook page of camper rental adventures. I use them in January of 2022. It was the worst thing it could have been. The trailer was horrendous falling apart there was a leak under the floor. But I'm reading comments that people are posting and the company is ignoring them because they have deposits paid and if they can't bring in their rentals how are they going to get their money back because she's not going to refund them she'll give them a credit. The way I'm interpreting the email and the new rules is if you're not one of the Disney approved vendors or the site holder bringing in your own equipment, it's not going to fly. This is unfortunate because the last two times we went we rented a trailer from somebody out of plant City off of a site that's similar to Airbnb but for campers. I don't remember what it was I'm sure somebody here knows. And he was wonderful his camper wasn't great shape and everything and now I don't think that's going to be possible unfortunately for people in that situation.

But going back to camper rental adventure, I read some posts from some people that reviewed on Google recently and they had horrible experiences and Disney brought up a point to them saying things will be changing in the near future as far as off-site rentals. I believe they've gotten a lot of complaints about this company because they advertise and promise really nice gorgeous trailers and they turn out to be just a moldy dirty pile of junk. One person said in a review that they called them right away to come and take it because it was so disgustingly dirty and the back door didn't even latch or close tightly and that's where their daughter would be. The company never refunded them Disney was very helpful and got them into a cabin for their stay but unfortunately they had to pay more I'm sure. But they're out all the money that they gave this company. And I think that's why Disney is putting in these new rules that they don't want to deal with it.

I get the fact that they want to make their revenue with their golf carts. That's where the prices are so high but they don't even have enough for everyone that wants one. They should allow off-site vendors to bring in golf carts for rental just like the approved vendors they have for campers and for mobility devices.
Honestly I would have been very disappointed if Disney had allowed Camper Rental Adventures to be on their "Approved List". I've had dealings with CRA in the past and was shocked at the unprofessional behavior of "Her." After dealing with her, I started checking B.B.B., etc. and found there was a history of questionable business dealings from the time they began delivering to the fort. I feel very sorry for all of the people who should be getting refunds from her right now because I'd be extremely surprised if "She" willingly chose to do the Right Thing for those poor, innocent, unsuspecting RV rental customers.

Honestly I would have been very disappointed if Disney had allowed Camper Rental Adventures to be on their "Approved List". I've had dealings with CRA in the past and was shocked at the unprofessional behavior of "Her." After dealing with her, I started checking B.B.B., etc. and found there was a history of questionable business dealings from the time they began delivering to the fort. I feel very sorry for all of the people who should be getting refunds from her right now because I'd be extremely surprised if "She" willingly chose to do the Right Thing for those poor, innocent, unsuspecting RV rental customers.
Yeah. You know darn well she will not return those deposits and instead offer a credit. Like wth anyone gonna rent for besides fort. I would bet CRA is one of the most complained about To Disney who can't do anything. Thus I bet they are main reason for new policies.

The proof of insurance is an important necessity .
The off site restrictions for more golf cart traffic on property also needed to be updated.
I was just there and all the construction traffic has created “ more “ reasons to make these changes .Disney is making these responsible decisions . Stop making it sound like we can ignore because Disney probably won’t enforce it every time . We can not to continue to make our own rules according to our personal need at the moment . Safety is more than just having fun on a golf cart and those loops are confusing in the daylight and tense to figure out the direction in the night .

Another thing to consider about safety on Disney property.
If they are still knocking on the resort guest door to check “ security” ; just how safe would you feel that anybody can get on property and drive around the Fort for example ? Maybe they should just get rid of those security guards and gates too .
Disney is guilty of caring enough to attain a level of safety and security that is important to me .
Their standards are pretty high in comparison to many other choices you experience daily.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter