20040613--Hersheypark meet, 1st or 2nd week of August 2004 -- feeler--INDEXED

I ain't skipping Sesame Place! If I can gather up a few kids, I can go there without looking like a weirdo. I might go to Clementon in NJ. I'm trying to figure out my summer trip plan. I just came back from Texas! :)

Originally posted by WebmasterBarry
I ain't skipping Sesame Place! If I can gather up a few kids, I can go there without looking like a weirdo.
:laughing: I'd be happy to lend you a few!

I can start a babysitting service at Sesame Place! At $20 a kid, I can make a lot of $ to pay off student loans! :)

Originally posted by WebmasterBarry
I can start a babysitting service at Sesame Place! At $20 a kid, I can make a lot of $ to pay off student loans! :)

minus 100 an hour for therapy afterwards,,,might be a losing deal...LOL

Well, not to shock anyone, but I will have a decision by the end of Easter. I'm shooting for July 30 to August 2 for the big Hersheypark/Dutch Wonderland fun. I'm not sure about Knoebel's yet.

OK, here are my tentative plans:

Thurs., July 29: Fly into Harrisburg, PA. Do DelGrosso's Amusement Park (Tipton, PA) and Lakemont Park (Altoona, PA)

Friday, July 30: Six Flags Darien Lake (Darien Center, NY) and Seabreeze (Rochester, NY)

Sat., July 31: Waldameer (Erie, PA) and Conneaut Lake Park (Conneaut, PA)

Sun., August 1: Kennywood (Pittsburgh, PA)

Mon., August 2: Knoebel's (Elysburg, PA)

Tues., August 3: Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, NJ)

Wed., August 4 - Fri., August 6

I'm not sure about these dates yet, but here are the candidates:

One day: Rye Playland (Rye, NY), Lake Compounce (Bristol, CT), Adventureland (Farmington, NY) if I have time

Another day: Six Flags New England (Agawam, MA)

3rd day: Hersheypark (Hershey, PA)

or:

Wed.: Six Flags New England

Thurs.: The Great Escape (Lake George, NY)

Fri.: Lake Compounce, Rye Playland, Adventureland if I have time

Sat., August 7: Dutch Wonderland (Lancaster, PA) and non-coaster stuff (gasp!) around Lancaster

Sun., August 8: Hersheypark or another park

Mon., August 9: Fly home

I think my 200th coaster will be Blue Streak at Conneaut Lake Park or a coaster at Kennywood (probably Phantom's Revenge). I would like to ride Superman: Ride of Steel at SFNE and the Comet at Lake George.

So who wants to meet up? :)

Hey Barry - we'll be your ride partners for Kennywood on Aug. 1. I've been going to Kennywood since I was born - my dad worked at one of the refreshment stands when he was in his teens. You've got me and DH, plus our 2 DS's who are 12 and 14. Can't help you ride the Lil' Phantom (it's in Kiddieland and adults have to accompanied by a kid), but we'll take you on Phantom's Revenge, Thunderbolt (my favorite!), Jack Rabbit and Racer.

And you'll love Six Flags Darien Lake - we were there back in 2000. They have an old, rickety wooden coaster that's awesome (but I can't remember the name of it) and their Superman coaster is so high - it's the only coaster I've been afraid to go on.

We're a maybe for Hershey - depends on which date you'll be there.

But we're a definite for Kennywood on Aug. 1 - just don't change the date!

Barry,

I was going to offer to meet ya at SeaBreeze and Six Flags Darien Lake. As those are my local parks I grew up on.

I LOVE the woody at Darien Lake, it knocks you around good, like a woody should :) (IMHO) Superman ride is good there too.

And I am pretty sure Jack Rabbit at Seabreeze was my first roller coaster as a child. Seabreeze is adding a new spinning coaster this year.

But looking at your message a second time I saw the dates, and it may be hard to do. I am going to Philly Wednesday the 28th for Glascow Celtic (Scotland) vs Machester United (England) football (soccer) match, and then that weekend going to Toronto for Celtic vs an italian team match.

Not sure if I will be off on the 31st or not yet. But if I am, I would love to hit the two parks with you that day.

Mike

Really wish I could go to any of the meets (*sigh) but with a newborn and being on disability from a c-section it'll be impossible.

As far as Darien Lake, I guess I've been too Disney-ized as I found it to be quite dirty and not as friendly. The parking was atrocious (sp?) so be careful of that. Otherwise, the coasters are really fun - especially Superman.

Just wondering, how much will all the park entrances add up to this trip????? Hope everyone has fun!!!

~DawnMaree

I'm sorry to say that I might need to change my plans before Six Flags Great Adventure. I might need to take a side trip to Dollywood to ride Thunderhead. The reviews on the coaster have been more than awesome. I hate to do this, but it's hard not to (you'd understand if you were coaster crazy :) ).

Originally posted by Disneyolic
Just wondering, how much will all the park entrances add up to this trip????? Hope everyone has fun!!!

~DawnMaree

Well, I did add it up for kicks, so here is the total:

My Six Flags season pass can get me into all the Six Flags parks, so we won't count those.

DelGrosso's: Ticket for the spinning mouse coaster (3 rides): $6.00
Lakemont: After 5 admission and a few rides on Leap the Dips: $10
Six Flags Darien Lake: $0
Seabreeze: $15
Waldemeer: $15
Conneaut: After 5 admission: $10
Kennywood: $28
Knoebel's: $26
Six Flags Great Adventure: $0
Six Flags New England: $0
The Great Escape: $0
Rye Playland: $21
Lake Compounce: $15
Dutch Wonderland: $27
Hersheypark: $35

Total: $210 (which is about the same price as a WDW 4 day park hopper pass)

I don't think I'm going to Dollywood because if I did a plane ticket to Ft. Myers to Atlanta to Harrisburg and back to Ft. Myers, it'll cost $437! :eek:

Barry - there is a Turkey Hill near the entrance to HP with coupons that can save you a few $$ on admission. You might also find discounts at Giant Food Stores in the area, and other Turkey Hill Minit Markets. ;)

Don't forget to add the cost of Parking :EEK:

Are you buying a wristband for Knoebels? You could buy tickets only (they don't expire) and only ride the coasters you plan. You can get all the ride/ticket prices on their website, www.knoebels.com, in case you didn't already know.

The cost of entrance isn't all as bad as I thought, Barry, but you're really getting your monies' worth with the Six Flags season passes.

Oh, I forgot about all the parking costs...Darien Lake, last time we were there, cost about $6-7.

iNTeNSeBLue98 - thanks for the info about discounts at Hershey Park. We're still deciding whether to try to go (sadly) at a different time than everyone else. Eight months pregnant with 2 boys (2 & 4) and sciatic pain...hmmmmmm.....But I want to go so bad (waaaaaaaaaaa).

~DawnMaree

DH and I would love to try to make the 8/1 Kennywood day. We both use wheelchairs, so won't be doing coasters, but I'm always up for seeing new parks and meeting DISers! :Pinkbounc I'll be keeping an eye on this thread..:hyper:

Well, it appears that I won't be doing SFDL and flying on on 7/31 due to a trip to SFOG and Dollywood at the end of next month. But here's how things are shaping up:

7/31 Fly into Pittsburgh, do Waldemeer, Conneaut
8/1 Kennywood
8/2 Knobel's
8/3 Six Flags Great Adventure
8/4 The Great Escape
8/5 Six Flags New England
8/6 Lake Compounce, Rye Playland
8/7 Dutch Wonderland
8/8 Hersheypark
8/9 Fly out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter